All electric vehicles...will not work.

Not as big a problem as Trump paying farmers 25B not to grow crops because he destroyed the market to sell them.
They grew crops dip wad. Every year the government pays farmers not to grow crops. It’s called the conservation reserve program (crp).

They grew crops dip wad. Every year the government pays farmers not to grow crops. It’s called the conservation reserve program (crp).
And where did those crops go when the EU stopped buying them because of the tariff war Trump started?

There you go. So we have plenty of capacity to feed poor people. Go solar panels.
Solar panels on roof tops etc.. I’m ok with. Solar panels on farm ground is idiotic and nothing but corporate payouts
We have plenty of room for both. Quite whining.
no we don’t. Why aren’t solar panels on rooftops/parking lots? $$&& that’s why

Solar panels on roof tops etc.. I’m ok with. Solar panels on farm ground is idiotic and nothing but corporate payouts

no we don’t. Why aren’t solar panels on rooftops/parking lots? $$&& that’s why
Solar panels are all over roof tops.

1638127336355.jpeg

I hope you rail just as much against farmers/landowners selling land that ends up covered in houses, subdivisions, shopping centers, etc.

I hope you rail just as much against farmers/landowners selling land that ends up covered in houses, subdivisions, shopping centers, etc.
Actually, when such people sell land for development, there is typically a look back at past tax relief, and a recovery of past tax monies forgiven or abated. I've repaid partial tax abatement granted for "Tree Farm" status. "Green" incentives are the opposite.

Last edited:
Why would I? Lol. Where are people supposed to live?
Not in brand new sub divisions on prime farm land when food is needed for poor people.

Somehow, I don’t think farmers selling out care too much if it goes to solar panels or to developers of $500,000 homes.

Not in brand new sub divisions on prime farm land when food is needed for poor people.

Somehow, I don’t think farmers selling out care too much if it goes to solar panels or to developers of $500,000 homes.
And if they weren’t getting paid by the government.. they wouldn’t.

We have a stupid corn ethanol program in America that is a net loss. If you actually cared a bit about po’ folks, you might address what THAT does to food prices, beef chicken and pork included. That corn in the market would feed more, and more cheaply.

We have a stupid corn ethanol program in America that is a net loss. If you actually cared a bit about po’ folks, you might address what THAT does to food prices, beef chicken and pork included. That corn in the market would feed more, and more cheaply.
The hunger problem is America has nothing to do with the availability of food.

Where else are you going to find land to build on if not from the farmer?

I always find it funny for generations the system was expand the city by purchasing land from a farmer or investor. Now somehow that is condemned by the people who live in the homes purchased and built on the farms of the past.

As a farmer, I should have the right to sell my land to whom, and for what purpose I deem best fits my needs.

I will likely sign a solar lease in the next few days that offers me $800/acre for 35 years of government subsidized solar grid covering the soil. After the 35 years are up, the pannels will be removed and the land can then be farmed or sold for housing.

I really don't recall anyone helping me with the initial purchase of my land, so I say, my risk, my choice for what I choose to do with it.

I always find it funny for generations the system was expand the city by purchasing land from a farmer or investor. Now somehow that is condemned by the people who live in the homes purchased and built on the farms of the past.

As a farmer, I should have the right to sell my land to whom, and for what purpose I deem best fits my needs.

I will likely sign a solar lease in the next few days that offers me $800/acre for 35 years of government subsidized solar grid covering the soil. After the 35 years are up, the pannels will be removed and the land can then be farmed or sold for housing.

I really don't recall anyone helping me with the initial purchase of my land, so I say, my risk, my choice for what I choose to do with it.

Good for you. If i had enough land I'd do the same. 5 acres aren't gonna cut it though.

I just find it funny that those that say nary a word when land gets sold for traditional purposes get into hysterics if solar or wind energy are involved. Especially solar. Once constructed, it's gotta be about the most passive use of land commercially. No traffic, no noise, no dust, no smells, etc.

Good for you. If i had enough land I'd do the same. 5 acres aren't gonna cut it though.

I just find it funny that those that say nary a word when land gets sold for traditional purposes get into hysterics if solar or wind energy are involved. Especially solar. Once constructed, it's gotta be about the most passive use of land commercially. No traffic, no noise, no dust, no smells, etc.
Gotcha. Guess I'm a bit sensitive to those who wish to control what we can do with land that is purchased as an investment.

I sold a building lot to a guy 3 years ago who wanted to put language in the contract giving him the option to purchase 2 additional 5 acre lots next to his in the next 5 years for the same price. With the run up in land values he exercised his option last year. When he asked me a few weeks ago what I was going to do with the remainder of the land I said either sell it to the hog farmer on the other end of my property or lease it out to solar. He was adamant he did not want solar anywhere near his house. However, he did not dislike it enough to purchase the land so he could control its use.

Wouldn't it be a great place to live if every time some investor wanted to do things that would maximize his profits his neighbors who had invested zero into his land could dictate land use for him?

The only people that spout off about what you do with your land are idiots. Generate energy if you want. Build houses. Grow corn for food or ethanol. Only the hacks cry about like that.