Alex Trebek passes away

I thought I recently read where we was actually coming back? Must of taken a sudden turn for the worst. Dude was steady Eddy. Class act.

Yep, seemed like a class guy. Saw something not too long ago about him being a real handyman. Would have never expected that.

I saw an episode a week or so ago and he looked really bad.

Yep, seemed like a class guy. Saw something not too long ago about him being a real handyman. Would have never expected that.

I saw an episode a week or so ago and he looked really bad.
Was he still taping shows up to the end? I assumed some of the recent shows were reruns.

RIP Alex Trebek

I heard a story years ago from a buddy in LA. Trebek was an old Cannuck hockey player keep in mind. Supposedly someone saw him out with his wife and some young punk cocked off to him and he popped the kid right there on the spot. Lol.

I would rather watch the final Trebek Jeopardy than NBA basketball on Christmas Day.

By the way Jeopardy is an institution in our family. Back in the day before unlimited student loans my father had to leave college because of economic reasons and he use to love watching Jeopardy to show he was as smart as his liberal arts going son, we would try and beat each other to the punch in answering questions and mom would have to arbitrate any disputes. 30 years later I am doing the same with a daughter that is living at home due to the Covid, kind of has become our 2020 thing to do and daughter was upset upon hearing of Alex's passing.

It appears Jeopardy savant Ken Jennings is the chalk to be taking over the gig, he was recently named an executive producer of the show. But many are worried that some celeb will angle to get this thing as Drew Carey has said hosting a game show is the easiest and best job he has had in show business. Think about it the only old school game show host that is left is Pat Sajak, all other game show hosts are celebs.

Amazing that - for a while - he hosted all three: Jeopardy, Concentration and What's My Line. (Remember that last one, kiddies)?

RIP

I would have to watch the first few episodes just for the novelty.
I would expect plenty of sexual innuendos, mugging for the camera and wise-crack attempts at comedy, while flashing his pearly white smile, if Harvey gets the gig.

Family Feud has always been about the innuendo and relationships with the contestants. I'd take no expectations how Harvey would do a different gig. It is difficult visualizing him toning down though.

Jeopardy simply requires a different actor and I'd expect Harvey or any of the others to act to the mold. I felt Trebek let the game and the contestant star. He never came off smarter than the contestants. He never came off celebrity. I don't think that fits the game. I think that rules out some people like Dr. Tyson.

I'm expecting a black female, or lesbian or trans or something woke, for the new Jeopardy host.

I know this is in jest but on a similar note, Leslie Jones is almost unwatchable as the host of the rebooted Supermarket Sweep. I really enjoyed the original and don't mind Jones as a supporting typecast role but she is definitely too obnoxious as the host. There also hasn't been a single game (they are 2 per episode) without some semblance of normality to the contestants. You would expect the some level of diversity but not a trans person, drag queen or gay couple. Nothing against them but when you combine for less than 5% of the population it shouldn't work out to over 33% of the contestants.

No one yet. Ken Jennings has supposedly been asked.

Also read George Stephanopoulos wants the gig.

They would be wise to avoid someone as overtly political as Stephanopoulos but someone as milktose and respectful to the game as Jennings makes sense.

Wasn't there a big push for Dan Patrick you few years back. I believe he even hosted a short-lived sports version of the show.