Alec Baldwin

Didn't he also call out a police officer over an accidental shooting? I don't care for him, but I just can't see him doing something like this on purpose.

Didn't he also call out a police officer over an accidental shooting? I don't care for him, but I just can't see him doing something like this on purpose.

I agree but what was he doing pointing a gun, even if it was a prop, at a non-actor?

You'd think the industry would be a little more careful with things like this after Brandon Lee's death from a prop gun.

This is going to get really interesting. The conspiracy theorists could go crazy with this one.

Just heard a story on the radio, many film business workers, in front of the camera and behind the scenes, say a movie set is more dangerous than most industrial factories. The various film unions are going to use this to help get work rules changed in the industry but they expect a lot of fighting from the studios because it will cost $s. During the bit some actress talked about how she was being dropped into a vat of acid as part of the script and the liquid was supposed to be like bath water but when she was actually dropped in during the shoot it was ice cold; she almost had a heart attack it was such a shock. She came to find out that the director wanted it that way so he could get the reaction that came across.

And regardless of how you feel about Baldwin, this isn’t his fault. Anyone saying he should be charged with manslaughter is an idiot

And regardless of how you feel about Baldwin, this isn’t his fault. Anyone saying he should be charged with manslaughter is an idiot
Wrong, wrong, wrong

It obviously sucks for him because it was an accident, but when you pick up a firearm you are responsible what happens with it. If you can't handle a gun then safely or don't know how to then you shouldn't pick up in the first place. See rule 1

1634917110025.png

Was it a real gun?
It was obviously capable of firing and killing a person, so yeah I guess so. Prop guns are made of plastic and are purposely made to be much lighter than real guns, that way it's always easy to tell if you're holding a prop gun or the real thing. So unless you're holding a plastic gun, you should never point it at anyone or dumb sh-t like this can happen.

Early reports say it was a prop gun, used to shoot blanks. But blanks can be lethal. Powder (and maybe wadding?) coming out of a gun a 2000 feet per second can kill. Just ask Jon Eric-Hexum - well, his survivors. He was "playing around" with a similar gun on the set of his TV series and fired the gun close to his head.

Last edited:
Early reports say it was a prop gun, used to shoot blanks. But blanks can be lethal. Powder coming out of a gun a 2000 feet per second can kill. Just ask Jon Eric-Hexum - well, his survivors. He was "playing around" with a similar gun on the set of his TV series and fired the gun close to his head.
Didn't something similar happen to Bruce Lee's son on the set of The Crow?

Early reports say it was a prop gun, used to shoot blanks. But blanks can be lethal. Powder coming out of a gun a 2000 feet per second can kill. Just ask Jon Eric-Hexum - well, his survivors. He was "playing around" with a similar gun on the set of his TV series and fired the gun close to his head.
One of the first things we were shown when given our weapons was what it can do even with blanks. It blew a big hole in a water bottle.

Wrong, wrong, wrong

It obviously sucks for him because it was an accident, but when you pick up a firearm you are responsible what happens with it. If you can't handle a gun then safely or don't know how to then you shouldn't pick up in the first place. See rule 1

View attachment 22608
They haven't really released the specifics of what happened, have they? If this happened during actually filming and he was firing the gun as part of the script, then I have a hard time calling this anything other than an accident. If this was horseplay and he did something foolish, then I think it is another conversation.

Hope he goes to jail
Depends.
Did he point the weapon at the person and pull the trigger?
If so, yeah.

Did it just go off when he was handling it, maybe because of a malfunction or the person before him did not put the selector switch to safe, then I dont think so.