Albert Pujols

There was a lot of talk this past weekend about how St. Louis will host the Angels at home next year and how the Cards plan to make it a weekend full of ceremonies. Many writers from basically every major baseball publication noted that if the Angels intend to compete they can't do so without releasing Albert. They consider the Angels roster as only holding 24 playable players as long as he's on it...

There was a lot of talk this past weekend about how St. Louis will host the Angels at home next year and how the Cards plan to make it a weekend full of ceremonies. Many writers from basically every major baseball publication noted that if the Angels intend to compete they can't do so without releasing Albert. They consider the Angels roster as only holding 24 playable players as long as he's on it...
8 Angels have 150 AB's or more . Pujols is 5th in average, 3rd in RBI, 3rd in HR, 4th in OPS, and 6th in Runs.

I'd say those "Writers" are idiots. The Angels clearly have weaker players than Pujols on the roster.

Well unlike you and I, those writers are paid handsomely for their opinions and sources within the sport. If it were just one person I'd just chalk it up as a Hot Take but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've always been a Pujols fan mainly for what he's done off the field. But I also believe his playing days are limited.

We'll see if the what the Angels do next year. Great guy but stand by my comments months ago that his time was limited