Albert Pujols

4 yrs counting this one.

You're joking right? I can see this easily being his last year. Especially if Ohtani continues at this pace and the brass believe he should get the additional DH starts he's already fighting for. I don't see Albert sticking around for a start or two a week with the lack of times they PH in the AL.

In saying that, if the Angels want him around to help younger guys I can totally see him turning into a mentor with limited playing time. By all accounts he's a great leader, teammate and fan favorite.

An additional $7 million isn't going to be the reason he continues to go after that home run mark.

You're joking right? I can see this easily being his last year. Especially if Ohtani continues at this pace and the brass believe he should get the additional DH starts he's already fighting for. I don't see Albert sticking around for a start or two a week with the lack of times they PH in the AL.

In saying that, if the Angels want him around to help younger guys I can totally see him turning into a mentor with limited playing time. By all accounts he's a great leader, teammate and fan favorite.

An additional $7 million isn't going to be the reason he continues to go after that home run mark.

You think he is going to walk away from $87M guaranteed? I'm guessing just about anybody would be willing to sit the pine for $28M, $29M, and $30M each year.

Pujols is under contract for 3 more years after this season.

You think he is going to walk away from $87M guaranteed? I'm guessing just about anybody would be willing to sit the pine for $28M, $29M, and $30M each year.

Pujols is under contract for 3 more years after this season.

Apparently you're new to baseball contracts...I welcome you to celebrate Bobby Bonilla Day on July 1st. That's when he get's his million dollar check each year until 2035.

The Reds are currently paying Junior $3.5 million a year for close to the next decade.

Albert got 620 yesterday. And soon to be a member of the 3,000 hit club who also has over 600 home runs. Only 3 in MLB history.

Apparently you're new to baseball contracts...I welcome you to celebrate Bobby Bonilla Day on July 1st. That's when he get's his million dollar check each year until 2035.

The Reds are currently paying Junior $3.5 million a year for close to the next decade.
Lol

Those payments weren't so they would walk away from the game. Those were deferred payments as part of their last contract.

Congrats on getting hit # 3,000 and 3001 last night. Passed Roberto Clemente with that last hit. Now has 3,000 hits and over 600 home runs. Only 3 other players have gotten there. Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Alex Rodriguez are the others. And joins Rod Carew as the only Angel to get 3,000 in that uniform. He aqlso has over 1,900 career rbi's. Cooperstown here he comes!