Alan Vanderink leaving Tallmadge for Kent Roosevelt

DxC5VVLX0AAAS7K.jpg
DxC5VVPXcAM18UX.jpg
DxC5VVOWoAEu9xv.jpg
DxC5VVNWkAEob-7.jpg

This is sad to hear. I think this coach was really making positive changes in the program. I’m sure that it must be very difficult to move districts again as well as not be a part of the new stadium project. I never met this coach personally, but I heard nothing but good things about him and wish him and his family the very best in their transition.

There are scheduled meetings about the upcoming levy vote in May scheduled for the upcoming months. There is ample information provided on Facebook, Twitter, the Tallmadge School website and the Tallmadge Express. There is an open door policy for all administrators that are happy to discuss the situation we are in. Yes, WE.....

Losing this coach is a casualty of the ripple effect of the budget shortfall due to the State of Ohio school funding cuts. As one of the smaller programs in the Suburban league, what this man accomplished with what he had was pretty remarkable. And he was plucked by a rival because he had to do what is best for him and his family, which is totally understandable. I can't believe anybody would not have done the same thing.

There are 2300 students in Tallmadge schools. Not all of them play sports, not all of them participate in the numerous activities available to enhance their education. But all of them should have every resource available to not only to be a good student academically, but also to take the life lessons learned by participating in extracurricular events. Without sufficient funding, all areas of the schools are under scrutiny to be cut. What will be cut if the levy fails will be announced shortly.

If Tallmadge cannot provide what people want for their kids, they go elsewhere and take that money with them. There are people that have and will move to Tallmadge because of the schools. The reputation of the schools has a direct influence on not just the quality of being a citizen of Tallmadge, but our property values as well. Yes, OUR....

Tallmadge is not alone in this crisis. There are other school districts, including Cuyahoga Falls, that are in the same situation. There will be more to follow. Unfortunately, the way the system is set up, the taxpayers are the ones that have to come through for their schools and keep them functioning at a high level.

We are about to enter a new era in Tallmadge. Finally having a stadium that is as good, if not better, than other schools in the Suburban League will be a part of that. The contractors are working diligently, even in current weather conditions to have it finished on time and on budget. The stadium bond issue that was passed in order ti build this facility has nothing to do with the operating levy money. It is illegal to take any of that money designated for the stadium and the new school and put it towards anything else.

There is a lot of misinformation out there, a lot of unknown factors that influence Tallmadge Schools and its future. I urge you to take the time to find out the facts, to express your concerns to the proper people that can address them, and to vote with the right information and know what your vote can do.