Alabama vs Clemson

BORING just plain BORING. Sure it's the 2 best teams in college football and it might be a great game but frankly been there and done that. As Einstein once said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again.

You know what might be the biggest argument in favor of going to a 16 team playoff? That putting both Bama & Clemson through a 4 game playoff series might have resulted in one of them getting upset and not subjecting us to another SEQUEL.

That being said I see Bama winning 31 - 27.

We don't need 16 teams to do what you seek. It's not going to happen with a 1 v.16 or a 2 v.15, either. An injury in a meaningless first round game could change a Final in a way that no one wants to see. A 1 v. 8 or 2 v.7 game is actually going to be crap in most years.

The winner Notre Dame v. tOSU facing Clemson after their first round bye or winner of Ok v. Georgia facing 'Bama after their bye as the #1, however, is going to ensure that the top teams face an opponent with a hot hand.

Six teams is the way to go. It's worth chancing an outcome-changing injury in an added round. It rewards the top two teams with a bye, so it helps keep all regular season games relevant.

In a more subjective case, Ok looked like they had been sitting a month yesterday, and in the first half shrunk when 'Bama came out hot and hit them with a 3 piece. Murray looked like a scared rabbit. The second half they were a different team. Playing last week may have brought OK in more prepared to slay the dragon.

It’s such a shame how college football has been changed by idiotic people over the years. It used to mean so much to win your conference and play in a New Year’s Day bowl game. Now, way too many bowl games with teams sitting at .500 getting invites, the ridiculous playoff system and instant replay slowing the games to a crawl. The thing that made college football so enjoyable to me was the atmosphere, league rivalries and New Years bowl games. I don’t want the NFL part two. Leave it to money grubbing beaurocrats to ruin something so good

It’s such a shame how college football has been changed by idiotic people over the years. It used to mean so much to win your conference and play in a New Year’s Day bowl game. Now, way too many bowl games with teams sitting at .500 getting invites, the ridiculous playoff system and instant replay slowing the games to a crawl. The thing that made college football so enjoyable to me was the atmosphere, league rivalries and New Years bowl games. I don’t want the NFL part two. Leave it to money grubbing beaurocrats to ruin something so good

Hey, the NCAA got 6 weeks of prime time ads for their CFP TV show, and hype for an extra week of games. They needed the money, zee.

Bama by 21

You don't see the Clemson guys being reinstated by appeal ?

It's a pick 'em game with those guys back, for me. Tua was plenty rattled by Georgia, they showed how it's done. Bringing in Hurts is going to be less effective against the full Clemson squad.

Bama by 10 if they can keep those guys out.

BORING just plain BORING. Sure it's the 2 best teams in college football and it might be a great game but frankly been there and done that. As Einstein once said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again.

You know what might be the biggest argument in favor of going to a 16 team playoff? That putting both Bama & Clemson through a 4 game playoff series might have resulted in one of them getting upset and not subjecting us to another SEQUEL.

That being said I see Bama winning 31 - 27.

I agree 100 %. I am old enough to remember when the NCAA bball tourney only had 32 teams in it and when it got expanded to 64 teams heard the same arguments about why not to expand it to 64 that you hear about not expanding the CFP. In 15 when OSU had EE, Bosa, Thomas, and others I have no doubt they had the best team in the nation that year but never got to prove it because the CFP handpicks the 4 teams, the CFP needs to expand to have more of a true champion.

However Clemson def. Bammy 28 - 14.

I agree 100 %. I am old enough to remember when the NCAA bball tourney only had 32 teams in it and when it got expanded to 64 teams heard the same arguments about why not to expand it to 64 that you hear about not expanding the CFP. In 15 when OSU had EE, Bosa, Thomas, and others I have no doubt they had the best team in the nation that year but never got to prove it because the CFP handpicks the 4 teams, the CFP needs to expand to have more of a true champion.

Never had the chance is laughable. They did, and they lost at home to a team with a backup qb. Let alone they had 1 score games with Northern Illinois and Indiana that year.

You don't see the Clemson guys being reinstated by appeal ?

It's a pick 'em game with those guys back, for me. Tua was plenty rattled by Georgia, they showed how it's done. Bringing in Hurts is going to be less effective against the full Clemson squad.

Bama by 10 if they can keep those guys out.

This is the best football team I’ve seen since USC. Oklahoma just racked up points in garbage time

Never had the chance is laughable. They did, and they lost at home to a team with a backup qb. Let alone they had 1 score games with Northern Illinois and Indiana that year.

Did not Bammy lose to Auburn last year and not play for their CC yet still play in the CFP? But you missed the whole point the CFP needs expanded otherwise only a select few will ever get a chance to play for a national title.

Best team? No.
Most talent? Probably.
Most deserving? Absolutely not.

Did not Bammy lose to Auburn last year and not play for their CC yet still play in the CFP? But you missed the whole point the CFP needs expanded otherwise only a select few will ever get a chance to play for a national title.

And Ohio State made a playoff when they lost to Penn St and didn't win their Conference Title either - so what?

Can you without a doubt say that the CFP Committee has left out a team that, had they gotten in, would have won the Championship? I can't. Every team that's been left out has had their flaws, bad showings, losses, etc. Other than the first season, the best two teams have made the Championship Game and the best team has won.

Best team? No.
Most talent? Probably.
Most deserving? Absolutely not.

That is your opinion. OSU lost 1 game in 14 and won the national title and IMO OSU was better at the end of 15 season than they were at the end of 14 season beating TTUN and ND in a bowl game easily. However this is exactly why the CFP needs expanding. Any other sport their is hardly any arguing about who deserves to be in the play offs. Take the opinions out of it and expand but unfortunately won't happen because some people in power who decide who's in and who's out do not want to give up that authority.

Different years. But the crying over 2015 by osu fans is hilarious, you didn’t win your conference and lost to the only top 10 team you played that year, no Ohio state didn’t deserve to play for a title. You had 1 ranked win all year over 9-3 Michigan

That is your opinion. OSU lost 1 game in 14 and won the national title and IMO OSU was better at the end of 15 season than they were at the end of 14 season beating TTUN and ND in a bowl game easily. However this is exactly why the CFP needs expanding. Any other sport their is hardly any arguing about who deserves to be in the play offs. Take the opinions out of it and expand but unfortunately won't happen because some people in power who decide who's in and who's out do not want to give up that authority.

Not really an opinion - other than the talent part.
They were not the best team as showcased by their loss to MSU at home. They were not the most deserving since they lost said game to two backup QBs from MSU and their lackluster play throughout the year.

I think I agree. It’s just not as much fun anymore

Clemson Dline will be fine. ND could not get to the freshman Lawrence and Bama will. Be interesting to see how he handles constant pressure.

Agree.

It is why I used to LOVE pro sports and absolutely detest them today.

This only worked because the country was far more regionalized before the internet explosion.

The top two teams in a composite poll after the traditional bowl games are over should play for the NC. Simplify.

The top two teams in a composite poll after the traditional bowl games are over should play for the NC. Simplify.

That's what I think would be a better solution. But if they choose to do old tie ins and not the "best matchups" I would say do a 4 team playoff at the end.