Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts enters the college football transfer portal

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has entered the transfer portal, as first reported by 247Sports' Barton Simmons, thus kick-starting what could be one heck of a second recruitment for him.

Though Hurts nor Alabama has not yet officially confirmed this yet, the move is not surprising in the least. Following the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship when Hurts was benched for Tua Tagovailoa, Hurts officially lost his starting job to Tagovailoa this past season. Hurts did, however, remain a member of the Crimson Tide and proved to be a venerable backup who shined coming off of the bench in a come from behind victory in the SEC Championship Game over Georgia.

Read more:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-enters-the-college-football-transfer-portal/

At the end of the article it says; "However, one thing to note is that his now-former offensive coordinator, Mike Locksley, has moved on to become the head coach at Maryland."

Any chance he ends up at Maryland?

I don't think he considers an SEC school.

It would be interesting to see him go to Iowa St.

My dark horse pick will be Scott Frost comes calling at Nebraska

He is from Houston. Does he maybe come back to the state of Texas?

WIth the number of big names QBs transferring, I think this will make the big time prospects look much closer at where they go and not just always going to the juggernauts. I think the days of schools of getting big time QB recruits stacking up on their roster will soon go away and schools like Ohio state, and other big ten schools, will benefit. (Last big ten QB to go in the first round was 1995).

Some big time names and talent jumping ship and even some who played a year and were great.

At the end of the day, this will do a better job at leveling the playing fields as teams wont be stacking big time QBS on top of each other and all it takes is an Alabama or Clemson to miss on one and not have another big timer to fill that void.

The landscape will look much different in 5 years with big time QBs going all over to different places.

The top projected landing spots are Maryland and Oklahoma.

If I was Hurts knowing his skill set I would look at Purdue. They did get run out of the stadium by Auburn in their bowl game but they need a QB, have the right offense for him, have play makers coming back, and play in one of the easier Divisions in the game. Also it is a low pressure situation which might come into play as he is not a NFL type prospect so I think he goes somewhere where he can play and have fun to finish out his career.

And OU is blocking Grad transfer Austin Kendall from being able to play immediately at WVU.

I don't get it. Hurts is going to be their QB now and its not like there are any insider secrets at this point that would put OU at a competitive disadvantage when they play WVU. The Sooner program has benefited from numerous QB transfers and now when one leaves their program they make it difficult? The optics on this are bad....

And OU is blocking Grad transfer Austin Kendall from being able to play immediately at WVU.

I don't get it. Hurts is going to be their QB now and its not like there are any insider secrets at this point that would put OU at a competitive disadvantage when they play WVU. The Sooner program has benefited from numerous QB transfers and now when one leaves their program they make it difficult? The optics on this are bad....
Have to think it is because it is a conference rival and/or Lincoln's decision.

Stoops didn't object to Trevor Knight transferring to Texas A*M

Yes it is : https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...mered-for-comments-to-signee-blocking-qb.html

This is why even though I have reservations about players transferring on a whim, over all I am for it because you have coaches like Riley say one thing and do another.