2015- SVSM 21, Ursuline 14
2016- SVSM 41, Ursuline 14
2017- SVSM 38, Ursuline 9
2018- SVSM 21, Ursuline 0
2019- SVSM 27, Ursuline 7
2020- Canceled
2021- SVSM 49, Ursuline 14

Series tied at 12-12-1
Akron Irish on 9 game winning streak against Youngstown Irish.
Ursuline had won 9 out of 10 previous games.

Should be a good one. Last year's score was a little bit of a shocker given the directions the teams were headed. The have each beaten Harding by a couple scores.

Is this game Friday or Saturday? I would love to go watch this one live on YSN.

Going with the Valley Irish here, 32-20. Go Ursuline!

I’m not saying SVSM won’t win (personally I think Ursuline wins), but I think the score will be much higher. Good luck to both teams and let the better Irishmen win.
I can't see too many teams holding Ursuline to only 14 points. I thought Fitch could do it, until Ursuline got pissed off, because of the running clock that started against them. Lol

Last edited:
St. V has bounced back pretty well from the Week 1 shutout that Glenville handed them. Ursuline just had a close win against Chaney. This should be a good one

Interesting that "Bryson Street Irish" dominated "Maple Street Irish" until Reardon left Ursuline. Last year the Youngstowners played horribly. Maybe Reardon can begin a new streak in the other direction. I know Mooney has won almost every game they'd played against SVSM, interesting that the schools no longer schedule. Ytown what is the Cards record vs. the green & gold of Akron?

Interesting that "Bryson Street Irish" dominated "Maple Street Irish" until Reardon left Ursuline. Last year the Youngstowners played horribly. Maybe Reardon can begin a new streak in the other direction. I know Mooney has won almost every game they'd played against SVSM, interesting that the schools no longer schedule. Ytown what is the Cards record vs. the green & gold of Akron?

Mooney leads 23-6 but the Cards lost the last three and five of the last seven. Mooney won 21 of the first 22 meetings. Also, Mooney and Akron St. Mary split two games before the St. Mary merger with St. Vincent.

Mooney leads 23-6 but the Cards lost the last three and five of the last seven. Mooney won 21 of the first 22 meetings. Also, Mooney and Akron St. Mary split two games before the St. Mary merger with St. Vincent.
I wonder which school decided to discontinue the relationship...SVSM had every reason to but hung in there.

I wonder which school decided to discontinue the relationship...SVSM had every reason to but hung in there.
The two played every year from 1986 through 1995, twice in 1988. There was then a break until 2004 & as I understand it that was SVSM's choice but I think this time it may have been Mooney. I don't know that with certainty, however.

One thing is absolutely certain--- the Irish will win!
Of course, this also means the Irish will lose! Never forget what Yeats said about the Irish: "We have an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains us through temporary periods of joy"!

35-28 Akron Irish
3FED69A4-8CE0-44D7-8DD4-AAA907ADD05E.jpeg

Congratulations Akron SVSM on the victory. They did a nice job of holding the Ursuline rushing attack in check which forced the U to throw the ball much more than usual.

Best of luck to the Irish of Akron the rest of the way!
Thank you Yo.

Ursuline has a hell of a squad too. The QB who entered late is a very dynamic player. As we saw on you final TD, the play is never over until it is when the ball is in his hands.

I do want to compliment the YSN camera work and announcers. Extremely positive about both schools, and they did a nice job not overhauling the game.

Easily the most professional live stream feed I have seen all year. Well done.

Thank you Yo.

Ursuline has a hell of a squad too. The QB who entered late is a very dynamic player. As we saw on you final TD, the play is never over until it is when the ball is in his hands.

I do want to compliment the YSN camera work and announcers. Extremely positive about both schools, and they did a nice job not overhauling the game.

Easily the most professional live stream feed I have seen all year. Well done.
Did Ferrell get put in late in the game? What happened to Erickson

1. The Ursuline Irish are floundering on the offensive side of the ball and could use some help.
2. The “E” kid at QB I don’t think is really all that was hyped up to be and really hope a change is considered moving forward.
3. Coach Cistone is a whiny nut job.

When will Ursuline stop messing around and make DC the starting QB? He isn’t Lynn Bowden, but he is certainly the closest thing to Lynn the Youngstown area has seen.

The Irish curse continues (on the Youngstown side, anyway). SVSM has now won 10-in-a-row and leads the series 13-12-1. They are scheduled to play again in '23 in Akron.