Akron Ellet coaching search

any possibilty of the 7th/8th grade coach having a shot?
Doubt it. He doesn't have any high school coaching experience. I heard from someone about a former Ellet player that's an assistant coach at some school in Pittsburgh applied. They supposedly compete for state championships so he'd be interesting. I think he's a younger guy too.

Wildcat71------- Dude, I think "the shorts" have been retired. THere may be a new version of them that are about 5 inches longer in the legs that cover most of the thigh now because those marbles have got to be hanging much, muhc lower now.

Wildcat71------- Dude, I think "the shorts" have been retired. THere may be a new version of them that are about 5 inches longer in the legs that cover most of the thigh now because those marbles have got to be hanging much, muhc lower now.
Funny, because shorter shorts are back in style.

Smash,
IF they are coming back in style, we DO NOT want THOSE pellet-huggers back out on display. I swear back in the day I thought they were starting to poke their eyeBALLS out......No one needs that!
John Daraio? Hmmm.... where is he from? C'mon, Hubster, you cannot throw an unknown out there and not spill some 4-1-1 about the dude.

Smash,
IF they are coming back in style, we DO NOT want THOSE pellet-huggers back out on display. I swear back in the day I thought they were starting to poke their eyeBALLS out......No one needs that!
John Daraio? Hmmm.... where is he from? C'mon, Hubster, you cannot throw an unknown out there and not spill some 4-1-1 about the dude.
Runs LEAD Sports Training and Fitness, has coached at Revere, Field and Stow from what I can gather.
Looks like a younger guy (30's maybe). Has a heavy baseball background too.

Attachments

• 20230208_160547.jpg
    20230208_160547.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 27
I am hearing good things about the Ellet hire. Two things in particular- he's great with the kids and was very good with the Revere youth program. To be successful, a coach at Ellet needs to keep the youth program kids in Ellet so Dario's interest in engaging youth programs should go a long way.

"Are you Serious, Clark?"---just like Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation.

IF this was the case, the ONLY thing APS would offer is an open Superintendent position.....APS seems totally solid and coherent on hiring Superintendents......haven't had a good one sense Mr. Ott. The last one came in, was almost as incompetent as the person currently occupying the White House, and basically got paid half a million dollars to leave!!!! APS is a mess and everyone at the top needs to go, and they will not pass Go to collect their $$.

"Are you Serious, Clark?"---just like Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation.

IF this was the case, the ONLY thing APS would offer is an open Superintendent position.....APS seems totally solid and coherent on hiring Superintendents......haven't had a good one sense Mr. Ott. The last one came in, was almost as incompetent as the person currently occupying the White House, and basically got paid half a million dollars to leave!!!! APS is a mess and everyone at the top needs to go, and they will not pass Go to collect their $$.
Hilarious. I can't believe I missed this post in Feb.... It's funny cause it's true, but also sad.

Ellet was comically bad in their season opener last year, but ended up finishing with a respectable 4 wins. The starting QB last year, I think he was a freshman, had a good arm and there was at least one receiver who was impressive. Now that they've figured out the coaching situation, maybe the Orangemen can put together some winning seasons again?

Ellet was comically bad in their season opener last year, but ended up finishing with a respectable 4 wins. The starting QB last year, I think he was a freshman, had a good arm and there was at least one receiver who was impressive. Now that they've figured out the coaching situation, maybe the Orangemen can put together some winning seasons again?
I was just talking to one of my friends, whose son, plays for Indian valley. He said Ellet and IV open up together. I’m assuming the first time these schools have met?

Well, Smash, remember may not be the exact proper word, but for anyone saying that Ellet won a commendable 4 games last year. When you play in the APS there are going to be majority bad football. Even Buchtel and East play average football, their discipline usually does them in.

Well, if helmets have anything to do with the success of the football team, Ellet will fail miserably with this new version that Orangeman previewed. It is worse than last year's "E" on the helmet. I thought it stood for "Easy Win" for their opponents. LOL!! Seriously, though, why did not last year's interim coach, stick around, or was he invited not to?