Africentric stays loaded

Not by one of those overrated so called top 10 or 1 loss teams . Margaretta , ottawa , hopewell loudon. . Look berlin is just happy to play africentric in the finals they got pissed when we beat them in the régional 2 years ago and have not recoverd since then and they no they cant beat us so they are happy to setyle for runner up. So i am prepared for the aftermath when it takes place, so matter of fact get it out of anyone system now

Mikala Elmore, the standout for Hopewell-Loudon, is done for the season with an ACL injury.

Yes. A very clear pattern you are noting. They beat Tusky Valley only 54-37 Sat after beating them by 58 a few weeks ago and in their other games among their last 10 they only won by scores of 85-23, 78-10, 104-12, 96-6, 82-20, 70-50, 86-17, and 69-26. Evidence of a defective squad in a decline.

Yes. A very clear pattern you are noting. They beat Tusky Valley only 54-37 Sat after beating them by 58 a few weeks ago and in their other games among their last 10 they only won by scores of 85-23, 78-10, 104-12, 96-6, 82-20, 70-50, 86-17, and 69-26. Evidence of a defective squad in a decline.
Game before was closer then i thought to . Decline na just not showing much

Not by one of those overrated so called top 10 or 1 loss teams . Margaretta , ottawa , hopewell loudon. . Look berlin is just happy to play africentric in the finals they got pissed when we beat them in the régional 2 years ago and have not recoverd since then and they no they cant beat us so they are happy to setyle for runner up. So i am prepared for the aftermath when it takes place, so matter of fact get it out of anyone system now
Funny that you call Ottawa, Hopewell overrated. This is coming from a person who supports a team that should be in d1 with all the recruiting they do. You may beat these Overrated teams. But, you will have to bring a team that is a mini nba to do it. And you should run the boards with that kind of team. That is why attendance is declining. No one wants to see a team like AC. No heart or community involvement. Look at the fans that attend. If AC plays Ottawa in the regional finals most of the fans will be there supporting Ottawa. Why!!! because it is a community that has supported these same girls all thru school. And support their community. Writing is on the wall.

Funny that you call Ottawa, Hopewell overrated. This is coming from a person who supports a team that should be in d1 with all the recruiting they do. You may beat these Overrated teams. But, you will have to bring a team that is a mini nba to do it. And you should run the boards with that kind of team. That is why attendance is declining. No one wants to see a team like AC. No heart or community involvement. Look at the fans that attend. If AC plays Ottawa in the regional finals most of the fans will be there supporting Ottawa. Why!!! because it is a community that has supported these same girls all thru school. And support their community. Writing is on the wall.
So perhaps the OP should have more clearly stated, AFRICENTRIC RELOADS rather than "Africentric stays loaded"?
As players go, more top talent finds it's way to the school and established a perennial force to be dealt with. Best of luck to the community teams.

So perhaps the OP should have more clearly stated, AFRICENTRIC RELOADS rather than "Africentric stays loaded"?
As players go, more top talent finds it's way to the school and established a perennial force to be dealt with. Best of luck to the community teams.
Good get all out good keep it coming. We get top talent we the city does not support are team we are a mini wnba team. I love it

Since everyone is assuming that Africentric and Hiland is a lock - what are predictions for tonight's game against Margaretta?

Since everyone is assuming that Africentric and Hiland is a lock - what are predictions for tonight's game against Margaretta?
60-40. Too many athletes on Africentric. Is Margaretta as physically large as Hiland? I'm thinking not but size can matter on defense.

60-40. Too many athletes on Africentric. Is Margaretta as physically large as Hiland? I'm thinking not but size can matter on defense.

Margaretta was up 8 at halftime against Hiland last year at The Classic in the Country. That was on 24-hour notice - obviously in a very hostile environment. Although it would have been a great game, for some reason the 2 didn't play again this year during the regular season.....Both teams returned their entire cores.

Margaretta is really good and they have played a really tough schedule.

With that being said - the size question is a good one. Heck - even Zoe Miller went 0-11 in last year's game against Africentric and I am not sure Margaretta has a post as good as her. Nobody has size like Africentric - not even Hiland.

Last edited:
Margaretta was up 8 at halftime against Hiland last year at The Classic in the Country. That was on 24-hour notice - obviously in a very hostile environment. Although it would have been a great game, for some reason the 2 didn't play again this year during the regular season.....Both teams returned their entire cores.

With that being said - the size question is a good one. Heck - even Zoe Miller went 0-11 in last year's game against Africentric and I am not sure Margaretta has a post as good as her. Nobody has size like Africentric - not even Hiland.
They have not played anyone tough. We win by 25 and more if wanted

They have not played anyone tough. We win by 25 and more if wanted
Question who tough that they played to prepare them for us name the teams , berlin on the other hand they have going back to summer and june and in the season. They just are happy its the finals this time they lose not in semis or regionals

Question who tough that they played to prepare them for us name the teams , berlin on the other hand they have going back to summer and june and in the season. They just are happy its the finals this time they lose not in semis or regionals

There is nobody who can prepare them for Africentric.

Margaretta did play an outstanding schedule though (in-season and out-of-season). including Toledo Central Catholic, Bellevue, Willard, Tri-Village, Perkins, Perrysburg and Hopewell Loudon.

My point is that - it is going to be a good game. It won't be 25.

There is nobody who can prepare them for Africentric.

Margaretta did play an outstanding schedule though (in-season and out-of-season). including Toledo Central Catholic, Bellevue, Willard, Tri-Village, Perkins, Perrysburg and Hopewell Loudon.

My point is that - it is going to be a good game. It won't be 25.
If you think any of them teams compare to what berlin or we play your delusional. ! Newark, new hope, edison, gahanna, hamilton heights. Thats the regular season come on thats the problem with coaches and fans like you. Reality will set in tonight and then they the fans and players will say. We cant prepare for speed or athleticism and trapping like you. This coach is going to have the nerve to press us will see how long that last

If you think any of them teams compare to what berlin or we play your delusional. ! Newark, new hope, edison, gahanna, hamilton heights. Thats the regular season come on thats the problem with coaches and fans like you. Reality will set in tonight and then they the fans and players will say. We cant prepare for speed or athleticism and trapping like you. This coach is going to have the nerve to press us will see how long that last
Berlin has played teams that prepare them for us so there are teams and ways but most choose not to then cry and whine and complain after

Well we see who has the fans support. After seeing them i change up 30 points maybe a running clock

those were against jv teams ..

The thing about hiland is they don’t just have one two or three star players.....any player on any given night can be THE player.

The thing about hiland is they don’t just have one two or three star players.....any player on any given night can be THE player.
They just do a great job of system ball and being were they should on defense most of the time, meaning 3rd grade on they are far above most teams and there coach is better. Star player they dont have a person on team your worried about at all, your worried about system period

Number 3 team we got a running clock . guess all those tough teams hepled
That was really close to last years score. I had thought they (Margaretta) may have improved some over the course of the past year. In your opinion, are Nubians better this year than last?

That was really close to last years score. I had thought they (Margaretta) may have improved some over the course of the past year. In your opinion, are Nubians better this year than last?
About the same as last year ,better inside game because walker is better then last year but same flaws as most inner city programs we cant shoot the 3ball and therefore must rely on defense and for us second and third shots from rebounding. When inner city kids boys and girls stop relying on speed and jumping and do the little things we will be respected more

They just do a great job of system ball and being were they should on defense most of the time, meaning 3rd grade on they are far above most teams and there coach is better. Star player they dont have a person on team your worried about at all, your worried about system period

I’m a neutral fan when only during game time am I sometimes swayed by the fans’ behavior to lean to one team or the other...sometimes positive but usually poor behavior. I suspect that goes for the fans and what they post on Yappi as well. This thread has seen more than a handful of takes making me wish for a more utopian message board where information and respect rule from both sides. The post above is not only truthful but respectful to a standing rival. Cheers!

During the ‘rivalry’ between Hiland and Africentric I have rooted for each team in different years...and it had nothing to do with the fans. ? The BEST basketball game I ever witnessed was between these two programs a few years ago in a regional contest at Marietta College. WOW! ? At some level I felt privileged. ??????

About the same as last year ,better inside game because walker is better then last year but same flaws as most inner city programs we cant shoot the 3ball and therefore must rely on defense and for us second and third shots from rebounding. When inner city kids boys and girls stop relying on speed and jumping and do the little things we will be respected more
What you bring up here is very interesting to me. Several years back I was put in charge of recruiting kids who then went through a tryout for a well known organization in Dayton. We wanted some kids (16U ) with varried skill sets to be able to play different methods based on what was needed for the opponet we faced.

The result was we picked 5 private school kids, used to playing fundamental skills ball, all good shooters and passers, and we selected 4 kids who were pure athletes and were not nearly as fundamental. These kids were great for stopping other more athletic teams. As a coach I noticed immediately each player relied on what got them there, to the team. It was difficult to teach the athletes to square up and shoot the three as they were used to using their speed to drive around and create on their own. They also were not good at ball reversal to break down a defense.
Opposite for the Catholic kids. They relied on (as you say) a system to get their looks for a shot.
Eventually, the athletic kids did learn to work within the system, but that was hard to get through their heads they were not always going to be able to simply out jump and out run an opponet.