Africentric stays loaded

This post should be removed and if you don't no why then whoever is running this site either has know clue or even worst agrees with nonsense like this post
I have no clue what could be offensive in my statement. But I can delete it very easily if it offends you.

"What we got here is failure to communicate."

Nubian
[ˈnyo͞obēən]
(Note: the "y" in the pronunciation key should be in parentheses, but that is also the code for a "thumb up" emoji, as I learned when I initially tried to post. Sorry.)

ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to Nubia, its people, or their language.
NOUN
  1. a native or inhabitant of Nubia.
  2. the Nilo-Saharan language of the Nubians.
  3. a goat of a short-haired breed with long pendant ears and long legs, originally from Africa.

OK. We've established what the definitions are of "Nubian," but where is/was Nubia?

From britannica.com:
Nubia, ancient region in northeastern Africa, extending approximately from the Nile River valley (near the first cataract in Upper Egypt) eastward to the shores of the Red Sea, southward to about Khartoum (in what is now Sudan), and westward to the Libyan Desert. Nubia is traditionally divided into two regions. The southern portion, which extended north to the southern end of the second cataract of the Nile was known as Upper Nubia; this was called Kush (Cush) under the 18th-dynasty pharaohs of ancient Egypt and was called Ethiopia by the ancient Greeks. Lower Nubia was the northern part of the region, located between the second and the first cataract of Aswān; this was called Wawat.

Last edited:
"What we got here is failure to communicate."

Nubian
[ˈnyo͞obēən]
(Note: the "y" in the pronunciation key should be in parentheses, but that is also the code for a "thumb up" emoji, as I learned when I initially tried to post. Sorry.)

ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to Nubia, its people, or their language.
NOUN
  1. a native or inhabitant of Nubia.
  2. the Nilo-Saharan language of the Nubians.
  3. a goat of a short-haired breed with long pendant ears and long legs, originally from Africa.

OK. We've established what the definitions are of "Nubian," but where is/was Nubia?

From britannica.com:
Nubia, ancient region in northeastern Africa, extending approximately from the Nile River valley (near the first cataract in Upper Egypt) eastward to the shores of the Red Sea, southward to about Khartoum (in what is now Sudan), and westward to the Libyan Desert. Nubia is traditionally divided into two regions. The southern portion, which extended north to the southern end of the second cataract of the Nile was known as Upper Nubia; this was called Kush (Cush) under the 18th-dynasty pharaohs of ancient Egypt and was called Ethiopia by the ancient Greeks. Lower Nubia was the northern part of the region, located between the second and the first cataract of Aswān; this was called Wawat.
Ok. Having never been to an Africentric game I have no idea what their mascot is, and as such I went with the only thing I identified as a "NUBIAN" all my life. To me a Nubian has been a reference to a large, meat/milk goat. I breed them with other goats due to the fact they are such good mothers. So I still have no idea if Nubian refers to the people of northern Africa or the goat? I'm going with the people as my best guess is my deleated comment earlier would not have offended if it were the goat.

Again, i have never known anything as a Nubian except for the goat. Don't see how that is offensive. Was not meant to be so.

If a fan of the team knows what Nubian refers to they could clear it up and we would all be better informed. When I entered Africentric mascot in a Google search I was not able to determine what was being referenced by Nubian. Logic dictates it is the people not the goat since the name of the school is Africentric.

When you look up Africentric mascot you see a football helmet with a outline of the continent of Africa on it and a banner with the same thing. Neither of these inform the viewer as to what a Nubian is or is not. My original post was certainly not what I consider nonsense.

Ok. Having never been to an Africentric game I have no idea what their mascot is, and as such I went with the only thing I identified as a "NUBIAN" all my life. To me a Nubian has been a reference to a large, meat/milk goat. I breed them with other goats due to the fact they are such good mothers. So I still have no idea if Nubian refers to the people of northern Africa or the goat? I'm going with the people as my best guess is my deleated comment earlier would not have offended if it were the goat.

Again, i have never known anything as a Nubian except for the goat. Don't see how that is offensive. Was not meant to be so.

If a fan of the team knows what Nubian refers to they could clear it up and we would all be better informed. When I entered Africentric mascot in a Google search I was not able to determine what was being referenced by Nubian. Logic dictates it is the people not the goat since the name of the school is Africentric.
Get out of here with your non sense not going to expound on your post

Get out of here with your non sense not going to expound on your post
Lady Nubian think about queens of Africa . She is looks like a Nubian queen , do not play studid I won't let you . you knew dam well what you were trying to convey so again don't play stupid. Nubian princess lol you going to act stupid and dumb lol

Lady Nubian think about queens of Africa . She is looks like a Nubian queen , do not play studid I won't let you . you knew dam well what you were trying to convey so again don't play stupid. Nubian princess lol you going to act stupid and dumb lol

Maybe get out of your little corner of the world and realize people have different exposures.

YOU don't know what he meant. Nubia is hardly a large if at all a part of the general education. Particularly if born before a certain time. The guy said he raised NUBIAN goats so why wouldn't he think that's what it was? He'd have had no reason to look up something he thought he already knew. It's a fairly esoteric thing to most people. How silly of you to not be aware of that. ;) So back atcha for not knowing all the details of everyone else's cultures and exposure.

If not for rassling, I'd have had no idea what a "Nubian" or "nubian" is. From my perspective they could have chosen it because it is "tough." From his perspective they are the GOAT. An easy to see reason a team would choose that mascot, in a no stick up the ---- uplifting kind of way. Nothing offensive and nothing to say otherwise.

He might have been trying to be funny (not insulting) or he might of just been like all man (uh-oh) kind and be ignorant of all things revolving but perhaps if you'd seen it as an opportunity to have a laugh and educate instead of getting your panties wadded (uh-oh), you'd look less like a ... DONKEY.

D4 apologized. Be an adult and accept the apology.

My gosh, is EVERYTHING an insult now? NO room for misunderstandings?
Nubian-Goat-FI.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe get out of your little corner of the world and realize people have different exposures.

YOU don't know what he meant. Nubia is hardly a large if at all a part of the general education. Particularly if born before a certain time. The guy said he raised NUBIAN goats so why wouldn't he think that's what it was? He'd have had no reason to look up something he thought he already knew. It's a fairly esoteric thing to most people. How silly of you to not be aware of that. ;) So back atcha for not knowing all the details of everyone else's cultures and exposure.

If not for rassling, I'd have had no idea what a "Nubian" or "nubian" is. From my perspective they could have chosen it because it is "tough." From his perspective they are the GOAT. An easy to see reason a team would choose that mascot, in a no stick up the ---- uplifting kind of way. Nothing offensive and nothing to say otherwise.

He might have been trying to be funny (not insulting) or he might of just been like all man (uh-oh) kind and be ignorant of all things revolving but perhaps if you'd seen it as an opportunity to have a laugh and educate instead of getting your panties wadded (uh-oh), you'd look less like a ... DONKEY.

Nubian-Goat-FI.jpg
I won't accept no apology he or anyone who thinks he did not know what he was posting can take a flyin keep. You got the wrong person and we being a black person knows dam well what he was trying to say, and know that he knows a Nubian is if it pertains to Africa , Don't go there and no apology is acceptable

If logic dictates that it is a people and you know dam well it's not a goat why would you say it. And you have people on here taking up for you lol .

Nubian-Goat-FI.jpg
So let me get this straight the school name is what ? Why would any sane person come up with a goat

So let me get this straight the school name is what ? Why would any sane person come up with a goat

The simple answer to your question is we take what we know relates to a word and that is what we imagine the word refers to if it fits the parameters of the item in question. Example: mascots often refer to animals or or insects, or peoples. So a specific name of an animal that I knew had origins back to Africa caused me to think goat.

My theory proved correct over the weekend as every person I asked the question "what is a Nubian" responded with either "a goat" or " I dont know what a Nubian is". Not one person knew it referred to a people. I only asked people who live in the rural communities of southwest Ohio.

I like ancient species. We had a Basinji dog. Where does the Basinji originate? I am somewhat disappointed it is not the goat because in my world, the one thing I identified with the name Nubian is the goat. I thought that would be great as a mascot, not that it is better than the people bearing the same name. I have now been made aware of the people that led to the name of the goat.

This whole thing has me reflecting on mascots of local teams. Most are animals like Eagles, Red Hawks, Elks, Beavers or insects in the case of the Bees, Hornets, Yellow Jackets. Some are sub species like bovine being referred to as the Bison or Bulls. Some identify trades or occupations such as the Lumberjacks, Trailblazers or Railroaders. There are inanimate objects used like the Jets. Some are respected peoples such as the Vikings, Trojans, Indians, and now I am aware of the Nubians. I appreciate the name , especially now I realize that it refers to a select people.

Last edited:
The simple answer to your question is we take what we know relates to a word and that is what we imagine the word refers to if it fits the parameters of the item in question. Example: mascots often refer to animals or or insects, or peoples. So a specific name of an animal that I knew had origins back to Africa caused me to think goat.

My theory proved correct over the weekend as every person I asked the question "what is a Nubian" responded with either "a goat" or " I dont know what a Nubian is". Not one person knew it referred to a people. I only asked people who live in the rural communities of southwest Ohio.

I like ancient species. We had a Basinji dog. Where does the Basinji originate? I am somewhat disappointed it is not the goat because in my world, the one thing I identified with the name Nubian is the goat. I thought that would be great as a mascot, not that it is better than the people bearing the same name. I have now been made aware of the people that led to the name of the goat.

This whole thing has me reflecting on mascots of local teams. Most are animals like Eagles, Red Hawks, Elks, Beavers or insects in the case of the Bees, Hornets, Yellow Jackets. Some are sub species like bovine being referred to as the Bison or Bulls. Some identify trades or occupations such as the Lumberjacks, Trailblazers or Railroaders. There are inanimate objects used like the Jets. Some are respected peoples such as the Vikings, Trojans, Indians, and now I am aware of the Nubians. I appreciate the name , especially now I realize that it refers to a select people.
Well let me no what county or rural area you stay in , because I am a person of color I for sure don't want to visit or accidental be in your area , who knows what could happen nothing good

YOU don't know what he meant. Nubia is hardly a large if at all a part of the general education. Particularly if born before a certain time..............................

I would say that those of us born before a certain age are more likely to know about Nubia; but if you are going to use Nubia as a mascot, I would have used Pitati and if you were going to use a mascot specifically from Nubia for females, Kandakes would be appropriate .

BTW there are high schools with goat mascots.

Last edited:
I would say that those of us born before a certain age are more likely to know about Nubia; but if you are going to use Nubia as a mascot, I would have used Pitati and if you were going to use a mascot specifically from Nubia for females, Kandakes would be appropriate .

BTW there are high schools with goat mascots.
Were are you getting nubia thats not the name quit with playing stupid I don't care what age you are everyone knows a Nubian Prince or queen . Matter of fact pull up Nubian and show me were it says goat

Were are you getting nubia thats not the name quit with playing stupid I don't care what age you are everyone knows a Nubian Prince or queen . Matter of fact pull up Nubian and show me were it says goat

???? Nubia is the country, Nubian is someone from Nubia; "Nubian" is also a breed of goats that was from originally- Nubia.
A Nubian queen is a Kandrake.

???? Nubia is the country, Nubian is someone from Nubia; "Nubian" is also a breed of goats that was from originally- Nubia.

Can we all agree "Spring" is in troll mode? Compare the language, grammar and intelligence in the early posts with these attempts to ellicit in the later posts.

Ignore.

At the least, anyone that cannot accept an apology is no sportsman or mature adult. This thread would have LONG ago been back on track if not for his/her idiocy so maybe it's best to realize it is intentional. A shame too, would have been nice to have the conversation. It's a shame when someone reflects on their school so negatively but they generally don't care, it's all about themselves.

88863b5e30030a058995df75c2c7ba22.jpg

Then if you no the name of are school you no d__m well it's not a d__m goat . tired of some people playing ignorant. Most people know I dont care were your from would think Nubian is a dark person either a Prince or princess or queen and from Africa not a goat. So we don't or will not accept any i am sorry we just go how and what you think of the school and people of color period.

Can we all agree "Spring" is in troll mode? Compare the language, grammar and intelligence in the early posts with these attempts to ellicit in the later posts.

Ignore.

At the least, anyone that cannot accept an apology is no sportsman or mature adult. This thread would have LONG ago been back on track if not for his/her idiocy so maybe it's best to realize it is intentional. A shame too, would have been nice to have the conversation. It's a shame when someone reflects on their school so negatively but they generally don't care, it's all about themselves.

Your right I accept nothing no there is no apology from me for thinking your a racist I don't back down from what I feel just because someone thinks I should . just like i don't need any I am sorry from you or others like you . it's posted and for all to no that your kind thinks of black people. And Don't go with i have black friends

Ignore.

It is intentional your correct . If no one else posts I will stop

Your right I accept nothing no there is no apology from me for thinking your a racist I don't back down from what I feel just because someone thinks I should . just like i don't need any I am sorry from you or others like you . it's posted and for all to no that your kind thinks of black people. And Don't go with i have black friends
Now we have went full circle with this discussion, as I have no idea how what I initially posted could be 1- offensive or 2-- racist. I have learned a fair bit about the Nubians, both of ancient and present time.

AND we got the "r" word. :ROFLMAO: Baaa aaa aa!

Wondered how long it would take. He/she was trying so desperately to ellicit something to throw the word out there, couldn't get it so put it out anyhow. Now we can't have a discussion or the springster will keep on keeping on.

Anyone here know how to talk "white" so he'she can't listen in while we talk about the g-bball scene?

Ok youz guyz no dat cat got hep to our jive goat ad now gonna shut uz down ifs we doan go way.

Anyone else remember Earl Manigault?

sigh

Didn't a Bates used to run that show in Columbus? That's someone with class. Wonder how they'd react knowing some moron representing them like this?

Last edited:
AND we got the "r" word. :ROFLMAO: Baaa aaa aa!

Wondered how long it would take. He/she was trying so desperately to ellicit something to throw the word out there, couldn't get it so put it out anyhow. Now we can't have a discussion or the springster will keep on keeping on.

Anyone here know how to talk "white" so he'she can't listen in while we talk about the g-bball scene?

Ok youz guyz no dat cat got hep to our jive goat ad now gonna shut uz down ifs we doan go way.

Anyone else remember Earl Manigault?

sigh

Didn't a Bates used to run that show in Columbus? That's someone with class. Wonder how they'd react knowing some moron representing them like this?
That goat looks very Boer(ed).

Good catch on the trolling East. I was so focused on having a serious conversation I did not think about someone trolling me on it.

D4fan,
Ignore Spring. She may attend school there, but it is apparent she has never learned anything.

I don't know about that. Initial posts were well stated and well written. Here's the disagree but with intelligence Spring, with allowance for the typos that long nails and/or cell phones will bring.

As usual with you , again you have no clue what your talking about please tell me this great class of incoming freshman we have ? Just maybe i missed something in june and in the summer and open gyms , who are these girls were are they ?

Yes lottery it is and if they could get everyone in that wants to come to the school it truly would be nice. People just tallk and hate but truth is alot of hard work goes on and the coach is a people person and players want to play for him.

Look we would love to be div 1. But seems funny that you wont have the same zest for berlin , matter of fact do any urban districts complain about getting beat down in all other sports? The answer is no so quit with the crying game or just create something for parents so all will win lol.

And now because she didn't like that someone's world didn't include a minor piece of hers, HE made assumptions about race and attitude and started talking down to us with the disgusting Stepin Fetchit. And she wants to call others "racist." lol.

I won't accept no apology he or anyone who thinks he did not know what he was posting can take a flyin keep. You got the wrong person and we being a black person knows dam well what he was trying to say, and know that he knows a Nubian is if it pertains to Africa , Don't go there and no apology is acceptable

Then if you no the name of are school you no d__m well it's not a d__m goat . tired of some people playing ignorant. Most people know I dont care were your from would think Nubian is a dark person either a Prince or princess or queen and from Africa not a goat. So we don't or will not accept any i am sorry we just go how and what you think of the school and people of color period.

The poor child must not know that some of us have been to Egypt and actually know something about Nubia and the history of the area.

The poor child must not know that some of us have been to Egypt and actually know something about Nubia and the history of the area.

Well than you wouldn't be one of us "racists," lol.

I wonder how long Spring lived in Nubia? Where I lived, they'd call them dark skinned white people. North Africans kind of snub on the rest of Africa. They aren't necessarily looked on fondly by "black" Africa. I mean, big continent and all but it is AfriCENTRIC. Most African-Americans woud be historically sourced from the west and central, not the NE. Possibly they hadn't done their homework or they just saw a "pretty" african picture and said, "let's be that?"

Now I've talked myself into being curious as to exactly how they chose that mascot. They'd been better off with the goat.

Last edited:
Well than you wouldn't be one of us "racists," lol.

I wonder how long Spring lived in Nubia? Where I lived, they'd call them dark skinned white people. North Africans kind of snub on the rest of Africa. They aren't necessarily looked on fondly by "black" Africa. I mean, big continent and all but it is AfriCENTRIC. Most African-Americans woud be historically sourced from the west and central, not the NE. Possibly they hadn't done their homework or they just saw a "pretty" african picture and said, "let's be that?"

Now I've talked myself into being curious as to exactly how they chose that mascot. They'd been better off with the goat.
Racist people and yappi let's them get away with it . are you big enough to say who you are I sure am and willing .

I have learned though the years that the person that resorts to name calling is normally the person that is losing the argument. :unsure: