Africentric stays loaded

Another great class for Africentric. The girls keep coming, and coming, and coming. And there is a great reason why! The coach for Africentric is a champion! It does not matter what Division they are in, because Africentric will win in every division. They are that loaded. I know many will say that Africentric does sneaky things to get kids into the school, but I think honestly, girls want to come to the Nubians because they want to win.

Their tremendous reputation and great coaching is certainly a big factor in them staying loaded. Are you referring to an incoming freshman class, young players developing, or new upper classmen transfers?

Also, isn't Africentric on a lottery system? Do they give preference to athletes or is it truly random?

Of course winners win when the deck is stacked heavily in their favor... this is especially glaring at the small school levels where Africentric has been running through these titles.

Yep...they don't belong in D3, but yet they get to stay there. Hiland, who returns everyone from last year, will have a tough time beating them. Hopefully it's like it was last year and those two don't meet until the state tourney.

Another great class for Africentric. The girls keep coming, and coming, and coming. And there is a great reason why! The coach for Africentric is a champion! It does not matter what Division they are in, because Africentric will win in every division. They are that loaded. I know many will say that Africentric does sneaky things to get kids into the school, but I think honestly, girls want to come to the Nubians because they want to win.
As usual with you , again you have no clue what your talking about please tell me this great class of incoming freshman we have ? Just maybe i missed something in june and in the summer and open gyms , who are these girls were are they ?

Their tremendous reputation and great coaching is certainly a big factor in them staying loaded. Are you referring to an incoming freshman class, young players developing, or new upper classmen transfers?

Also, isn't Africentric on a lottery system? Do they give preference to athletes or is it truly random?

Yes lottery it is and if they could get everyone in that wants to come to the school it truly would be nice. People just tallk and hate but truth is alot of hard work goes on and the coach is a people person and players want to play for him.

Of course winners win when the deck is stacked heavily in their favor... this is especially glaring at the small school levels where Africentric has been running through these titles.
It’s not the coaches fault they are d3. I think their regular season schedule shows they will play anyone

You missed the point... but it's all good. Africentric is hardly the only one with similar issues.

Africentric won 113-3 yesterday over Briggs. Oof. It was 63-0 at halftime.

I saw this shared by someone on Twitter: Briggs boys team lost 112-106 in 4OT yesterday. If the girls borrowed all of the points from the boys team, they still would have lost.

Impressive? 113-3? Impressive?? Division 3? I feel the competitive balance formula may need some fine tuning.
Look we would love to be div 1. But seems funny that you wont have the same zest for berlin , matter of fact do any urban districts complain about getting beat down in all other sports? The answer is no so quit with the crying game or just create something for parents so all will win lol.

Just beat Eastmoor girls tonight 90-19. FYI Eastmoor beat Marion-Franklin the other night 84-0, so no slouch. Africentric is just that good.

Look we would love to be div 1. But seems funny that you wont have the same zest for berlin , matter of fact do any urban districts complain about getting beat down in all other sports? The answer is no so quit with the crying game or just create something for parents so all will win lol.
Sorry, I have no zest for you or Berlin. Just pointing out a broken system.

Sorry, I have no zest for you or Berlin. Just pointing out a broken system.
Then should we complain about BASEBALL-Softball-tennis-Volleyball-swimming. Etc etc. Deal with what's here or tell your school to form there own thing period. We accept we must get better in all those sports and get better coaching . We don't ask to be put in a lower division or dry about getting beat down . So we lose we accept are fate
T

Last edited by a moderator:
Great programs will recruit great players, if my daughter is the best player in the city I am going to take her to the best program so she can have the most success and get the most exposure. They dont need to call and recruit me, I already am trying to go there, so in theory the program will recruit itself.

IMO the city league and Africentric should come to an agreement to let the Nubians play an independent schedule in girls basketball. This kind of thing would allow for more competitive game all around.

Saw them play this past weekend at Garfield Heights and came away very impressed. Can it wait for them to play Berlin Hiland this year!

Doubt the girls enjoy those 100 point margin games. As for reloading, clearly a successful program draws applicants in large numbers, so even with a lottery there is a greater chance of hitting a top level player than a boundary restricted public school would.

What is a Nubian? They are goats with long floppy ears and good milkers. In this case though, I suspect Nubians are from Africa and raised these fine goats. I recall researching it a few years back but have not retained much of what I learned.
This post should be removed and if you don't no why then whoever is running this site either has know clue or even worst agrees with nonsense like this post