Africentric out of the Tournament (COVID)

JU-ICE

Due to quarantine protocols, Africentric will not be able to play in the City League Championship game tomorrow and will forfeit their Sectional game vs Amanda. Tough break for the kids and program as many felt they were a District Championship contender.

Yet the State had 18 schools in Central Ohio in a trial with no quarantining and it went just fine. This quarantine thing needs to be a thing of the past and fast. Peak flu season is done and "numbers" are plummeting. Now they are trying to push the "probable" narrative and that's accounting for 30-40% of "cases."

Bates is probably sick to his stomach realizing he would’ve been better off taking the line where the first game is 2/27 and not 2/24. Wasn’t like they were gonna draw a worthy opponent for their first game to begin with.

I saw a study that showed less then 2% of people that were forced to quarantine ended up getting CV. I am guessing with HS students it is even much lower.

Definitely a big deal in terms of influencing their tournament bracket. They would have been my favorite in what I'd call the "horde" bracket in D3 Central district with Worthington Christian and Harvest Prep in the other bracket. This opens up their bracket to any of 3-4 other schools to emerge and make the regional.

It's interesting that they are still playing the "City Championship" between Beechcroft and Walnut Ridge.
It might make more sense this year to just honor Beechcroft and Africentric as division champs and let everyone move on to their tournament games.

It's interesting that they are still playing the "City Championship" between Beechcroft and Walnut Ridge.
It might make more sense this year to just honor Beechcroft and Africentric as division champs and let everyone move on to their tournament games.
I see your point, but I believe the City League has “played” for the Championship every year in its existence. Tradition!

According to this article , they are not playing in that either.

Yet the State had 18 schools in Central Ohio in a trial with no quarantining and it went just fine. This quarantine thing needs to be a thing of the past and fast. Peak flu season is done and "numbers" are plummeting. Now they are trying to push the "probable" narrative and that's accounting for 30-40% of "cases."

Where did you get your epidemiology degree from?

According to this article , they are not playing in that either.

Did we read the same article?
"Walnut Ridge, which went 6-1 in the City-South, including losing 54-53 to Africentric on Jan. 29, will face City-North champion Beechcroft in the City title game."

This is a shame especially for the Seniors. Cutting a season short after everything they have been through for the last year feels empty. Hopefully they will play one last game after their quarantine so they can have that last game memory.

Bates is probably sick to his stomach realizing he would’ve been better off taking the line where the first game is 2/27 and not 2/24. Wasn’t like they were gonna draw a worthy opponent for their first game to begin with.
I live in a different part of the state, but in our girls and boys tournament draws, we were surprised that there were still teams that chose to not take the bye despite this being an elephant in the room.

Did we read the same article?
"Walnut Ridge, which went 6-1 in the City-South, including losing 54-53 to Africentric on Jan. 29, will face City-North champion Beechcroft in the City title game."
my mistake, i thought you were saying Africentric was still playing in the City Championship.

This School will not be the only School in the Tournament that has to forfeit for quarantine or being a super spreader. Just another day in Ohio under Mike DeWines Dictatorship!

This School will not be the only School in the Tournament that has to forfeit for quarantine or being a super spreader. Just another day in Ohio under Mike DeWines Dictatorship!
Westerville South Girls are out.. they were 8 seed. Now Logan gets to drive 80 miles to play @ Olentangy Berlin.