AFC Wildcard: #5 Tennessee (9-7) @ Kansas City (10-6) - 01/06/2018

Who wins?

• Tennessee

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

It's been an odd year in Tennessee. Marcus Mariota's numbers are down, the offense has struggled to score points. The Titans are oddly a version of the old Jeff Fisher Titan teams back in the early 2000's. Run the ball, stop the run, make a few plays and win games 17-14.
The defense has been elite this season, not many stars, just grinders and pluggers. Kevin Byard leads the NFL in interceptions and no one knows him. DT Jurrell Casey is probably the most notable of defensive players for 80 year old coordinator Dick LeBeau. Head coach Mike Mularkey is still on the hot seat, and may not get to the start of 2018, even with the playoff berth. This team was expected to do more this year, and after going 8-4 through 12 games, the playoffs seemed to be a lock. 3 straight losses, two to Arizona and San Fran, really put this team back on it's heels. Sunday's win vs. a Jville team that had little to play for got the Titans here. I expect a close, low scoring game as this is what the Titans do. Controlling Alex Smith's mobility and the Chief playmakers in Hill and Hunt will be the key.

Titans showing some life, 21-10. Maybe they can prove me wrong. That was a hell of a play by Mariota, catching his own tipped pass for the TD.

Wow, Titans proving me wrong! Early 4th quarter, Chiefs lead cut to 21-16. Ball game on now. KC looks like they got complacent in the 2nd half.

Have the Chiefs ever won a playoff game since Hank Strahm, or the Marty era? They have to have one of the worst playoff records