30. Lions
31. Jets
32. Texans - should be contracted

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Let me get this straight.
- Ravens and Bengals both 5-2
- Bengals smoked the Ravens heads up in Baltimore
- Ravens have a good win over the Chargers and a bunch of narrow wins
- Ravens down to RBs from the scrap heap and have one decent WR; Bengals have all sorts of weapons
- Ravens defense looks pretty average except against the Chargers; Bengals held Green Bay to 25 and Ravens to 17
- Ravens ranked 6 spots higher than Bengals

I'm a Browns fan, for the record. Just curious about the thought process.

Let me get this straight.
- Ravens and Bengals both 5-2
- Bengals smoked the Ravens heads up in Baltimore
- Ravens have a good win over the Chargers and a bunch of narrow wins
- Ravens down to RBs from the scrap heap and have one decent WR; Bengals have all sorts of weapons
- Ravens defense looks pretty average except against the Chargers; Bengals held Green Bay to 25 and Ravens to 17
- Ravens ranked 6 spots higher than Bengals

I'm a Browns fan, for the record. Just curious about the thought process.
My guess is they don't believe in transitive properties for the NFL. They see each week as being a separate entity where on any given Sunday anything can happen. They consider the body of work. And frankly this early in the season it's all about hunches and eye candy. As impressive as the Ravens beat down was they're probably looking at the Bengal's loss to Chicago and trailing the Jags at home 14 -0 at half as being equal indicators.

Of course the guys who put together this poll may just be moonlighting form their day job of putting together the college football playoff poll.

1. Bucs - still the best when need to be
2. Bills
3. Cardinals
4. Rams
5. Cowboys
6. Ravens
7. Chargers
8. Packers
9. Titans
10. Browns - would be higher if healthy
11. Chiefs
12. Bengals
13. Raiders
14. Vikings
15. Colts
16. Steelers
17. 49ers
18. Saints
19. Seahawks
20. Panthers
21. Patriots
22. Bears
23. Eagles
24. Redskins
25. Broncos
26. Falcons
27. Giants
28. Dolphins
29. Jaguars
30. Lions
31. Jets
32. Texans - should be contracted

Until next week!

Can’t help but notice that the “real” rankings had the Cardinals — a team that just lost at home to a depleted Packers team — as No. 1, while AEW Champion astutely saw the Bucs and Bills as more powerful and potent teams.

As for the chirping earlier in the thread about the Bengals, if they keep winning solidly, they’ll keep moving up. I can’t just ignore that they lost to a very weak Bears team and almost lost at home to one-win aJacksonville. Unlike most of Bengaldom, AEW Champion is not a prisoner of the moment. He sees the big picture.

Can’t help but notice that the “real” rankings had the Cardinals — a team that just lost at home to a depleted Packers team — as No. 1, while AEW Champion astutely saw the Bucs and Bills as more powerful and potent teams.

As for the chirping earlier in the thread about the Bengals, if they keep winning solidly, they’ll keep moving up. I can’t just ignore that they lost to a very weak Bears team and almost lost at home to one-win aJacksonville. Unlike most of Bengaldom, AEW Champion is not a prisoner of the moment. He sees the big picture.

A) I'm not part of Bengaldom. I clearly stated I am a Browns fan.

B) I was not chirping, and not a prisoner of the moment. I was questioning some illogical things in the rankings that were not addressed. Ravens have a ton of close wins too, and a tenuous offense. They are a Lamar Jackson high ankle sprain from being 26th in the power rankings...

Whatever, we all have opinions. only a few special blowhards spout their opinion as gospel and speak in the third person. So congratulations I guess.

AEW #9 Tennessee at AEW #15 Indianapolis appears to be setting up as the best game of the day, depending on Dak Prescott’s status.

We’re due a good week of competitive games and thrilling climaxes after two straight bland weeks, which is uncharacteristic of the league.

AEW #9 Tennessee at AEW #15 Indianapolis appears to be setting up as the best game of the day, depending on Dak Prescott’s status.

We’re due a good week of competitive games and thrilling climaxes after two straight bland weeks, which is uncharacteristic of the league.

And it was a good one!! Although Tennessee may have lost the war. Henry out with a significant foot injury.

You certainly can't replace a Derrick Henry, however we are going to find out just how much the Titans rely on him. As we know the RB position has been relegated to lower status over time. Most teams put very few if any resources into the RB pool. The Titans are reportedly going to work out Adrian Peterson, and I'm sure the phones will be hot for the bad teams in the league.

A few good matchups today, although a couple of them are tinged by missing combatants:

Early window:
AEW #10 Cleveland at AEW #12 Cincinnati — This will likely be the game of the day.
AEW #14 Minnesota at AEW #6 Baltimore

Late afternoon:
AEW #8 Green Bay at AEW #11 Kansas City — spoiled by the NFL’s Covid policy.

Night:
AEW #9 Tennessee at AEW #4 LA Rams — We’ll see how the Titans fare without their workhorse, although their D is the bigger concern.