AEW Champion’s College Football POWER RANKINGS - 10/11/22

AEW Champion

After a bunch of posters PM’ed me to give me a virtual pat on the back for my foresight exhibited in my 2022 CFP Projections thread, I was asked if I would be willing to share more intellect with this forum.

Many years ago, back in the Ty Willingham Era of college football, I was happy to go the extra mile for fans — after all, they showed Dirk-O-Mania and me great appreciation during our well-renowned book tour back in those days. These days, I am more reticent, as the recent public posturing toward AEW Champion on the college football board has been chillier than an abandoned Russian tank enduring the winter in a Ukrainian country meadow.

Nonetheless, by popular request, I will now share with you my current college football POWER RANKINGS. These POWER RANKINGS are merely intended to indicate who I feel should be favored on a neutral field if the matchup were to take place right now.

(On a side note, I declined one messenger’s suggestion to change my Yappi avatar from the AEW World Title belt to a crystal ball.)

Without further ado …

1. Alabama — Beating formidable opposition without its Heisman Trophy-winning QB.

2. Ohio State — Only been tested once so far.

3. Georgia — Time for Kirby to get them back focused for the meat of their schedule coming soon.

4. Tennessee — Possibly the best offense in the nation this year.

5. USC — I think their offense is good enough to get them through most teams.

6. Clemson — Defense is good; still not fully sold on their offense once they face a truly elite opponent.

7. UCLA — Their offense is capable of carrying a mediocre defense.

8. Utah — Would not be surprised at all if they won at home vs. USC.

9. Mississippi State — Really good QB and these guys get a shot against both Bama and UGA later this season.

10. Ole Miss — Lane Kiffin is building a consistent top-tier team in Oxford.

11. Wake Forest — Sam Hartman is a great college QB. Defense leaves something to be desired.

12. Michigan — You’ll probably say I have them underrated. Let’s see them against some real competition … although there basically isn’t any of that in the Big Ten.

13. Notre Dame — The offense is starting to put it together. This team will be a major factor in the national picture in November.

14. Texas — With Quinn Ewers, Texas is actually back.

15. Penn State — Good freshman RB, pretty decent defense. Otherwise, meh.

16. Oklahoma State — Just quietly stacking wins, although they have a test at TCU next.

17. Texas A&M — Much like the Bengals, would be a bigger threat if the HC would give up the playcalling.

18. Arkansas — Badly needs KJ Jefferson in the lineup.

19. NC State

20. TCU

21. Baylor

22. Florida State

23. Florida

24. Oregon

25. BYU

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

JUSTGOPLAY

After a bunch of posters PM’ed me to give me a virtual pat on the back for my foresight exhibited in my 2022 CFP Projections thread, I was asked if I would be willing to share more intellect with this forum.

Many years ago, back in the Ty Willingham Era of college football, I was happy to go the extra mile for fans — after all, they showed Dirk-O-Mania and me great appreciation during our well-renowned book tour back in those days. These days, I am more reticent, as the recent public posturing toward AEW Champion on the college football board has been chillier than an abandoned Russian tank enduring the winter in a Ukrainian country meadow.

Nonetheless, by popular request, I will now share with you my current college football POWER RANKINGS. These POWER RANKINGS are merely intended to indicate who I feel should be favored on a neutral field if the matchup were to take place right now.

(On a side note, I declined one messenger’s suggestion to change my Yappi avatar from the AEW World Title belt to a crystal ball.)

Without further ado …

1. Alabama — Beating formidable opposition without its Heisman Trophy-winning QB.

2. Ohio State — Only been tested once so far.

3. Georgia — Time for Kirby to get them back focused for the meat of their schedule coming soon.

4. Tennessee — Possibly the best offense in the nation this year.

5. USC — I think their offense is good enough to get them through most teams.

6. Clemson — Defense is good; still not fully sold on their offense once they face a truly elite opponent.

7. UCLA — Their offense is capable of carrying a mediocre defense.

8. Utah — Would not be surprised at all if they won at home vs. USC.

9. Mississippi State — Really good QB and these guys get a shot against both Bama and UGA later this season.

10. Ole Miss — Lane Kiffin is building a consistent top-tier team in Oxford.

11. Wake Forest — Sam Hartman is a great college QB. Defense leaves something to be desired.

12. Michigan — You’ll probably say I have them underrated. Let’s see them against some real competition … although there basically isn’t any of that in the Big Ten.

13. Notre Dame — The offense is starting to put it together. This team will be a major factor in the national picture in November.

14. Texas — With Quinn Ewers, Texas is actually back.

15. Penn State — Good freshman RB, pretty decent defense. Otherwise, meh.

16. Oklahoma State — Just quietly stacking wins, although they have a test at TCU next.

17. Texas A&M — Much like the Bengals, would be a bigger threat if the HC would give up the playcalling.

18. Arkansas — Badly needs KJ Jefferson in the lineup.

19. NC State

20. TCU

21. Baylor

22. Florida State

23. Florida

24. Oregon

25. BYU

Marshall called and said 3-2 Notre Dame at #13 is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have ever posted.

AEW Champion

Marshall called and said 3-2 Notre Dame at #13 is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have ever posted.
Like Coach Holtz always preached in the ESPN studio, you never have the same team from week to week. Notre Dame played a poor game vs Marshall and was playing the wrong QB. Since that game, they’ve been ascendant and are right back into the mix nationally.

(On a side note, the above post is the type of Russian-tank reply I cited in my original post. In the interest of full disclosure, JUSTGOPLAY took a far different tone after castigating me Saturday morning re: UC’s crappy conference. He PM’ed me and was far more cheerful and, dare I say, fawning, politely asking me if I wanted to join him at Martino’s on Short Vine for lunch and so I could sign a copy of my book “AEW Champion’s Top 25 Steps for a Stress-Free Life” [Power-Ranked Paperback version] for him. After debating the merits of attending a Steelers bar, I agreed, but then my limo driver pointed out that due to Martino’s close proximity to Bogart’s, there could be some paparazzi lingering about if the venue had a concert Saturday night. Not wanting to be followed to and fro all afternoon by those tormentors, I regrettably declined the nice invitation, and instead ordered in pizza and wings.)

Caution: Genius at Work!

JUSTGOPLAY

Like Coach Holtz always preached in the ESPN studio, you never have the same team from week to week. Notre Dame played a poor game vs Marshall and was playing the wrong QB. Since that game, they’ve been ascendant and are right back into the mix nationally.

(On a side note, the above post is the type of Russian-tank reply I cited in my original post. In the interest of full disclosure, JUSTGOPLAY took a far different tone after castigating me Saturday morning re: UC’s crappy conference. He PM’ed me and was far more cheerful and, dare I say, fawning, politely asking me if I wanted to join him at Martino’s on Short Vine for lunch and so I could sign a copy of my book “AEW Champion’s Top 25 Steps for a Stress-Free Life” [Power-Ranked Paperback version] for him. After debating the merits of attending a Steelers bar, I agreed, but then my limo driver pointed out that due to Martino’s close proximity to Bogart’s, there could be some paparazzi lingering about if the venue had a concert Saturday night. Not wanting to be followed to and fro all afternoon by those tormentors, I regrettably declined the nice invitation, and instead ordered in pizza and wings.)

Caution: Genius at Work!
Now I feel bad, for the shot I took at Notre Dame AEW.......The fact that you have ever spent time in Corryville, and know that Martino's is a Steelers Bar earns you much cred. While I categorically deny any of that PM stuff, I do take back the many times I have spoken less than complimentary about the Irish....Every Bearcat fan agrees that with the possible exception of UCF and Houston, the American is crap. Starting in September of 23, this will no longer be our problem. Out of respect for my new outlook on life I will resist the urge to say USC is gonna' hang 50 on ND.