Ads Blocking Posts

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
Hey is anyone else experiencing this problem. Lately I have had issues on my cell phone and now on the laptop when I click on a thread to read comments the ads are blocking the thread content and I can't read anything because the ads are covering it up. Even it I attempt to close the ad a big blank pop up box where the ad was sits there and does not disappear. This is especially true when I access a thread by clicking on the Notification Bell.

Yappi, has anyone else mentioned this to you?

Those google ads are getting scary good. You weren't by any chance thinking, I wish I didn't have to see.... posts?

lol, he probably won't see this one then.

No, not having any issues myself but I'm on a browser not a cell.

FYI you can click an "X" in the top right of the ad which will give you a popup where you can select "stop seeing this ad"

That isn't perfect fix as other ads of that same pixel size (dimensions/size) could still show up giving you the same problem however I've found the ads repeat enough that it's decreased the amount I encounter this issue

I feel like the issue is on Google's end bc I've used adsense before as a website guy and you pick the size... #NotYappisFault

FYI you can click an "X" in the top right of the ad which will give you a popup where you can select "stop seeing this ad"

That isn't perfect fix as other ads of that same pixel size (dimensions/size) could still show up giving you the same problem however I've found the ads repeat enough that it's decreased the amount I encounter this issue
That didn't work when I tried it when it first started happening. But thanks for the suggestion.

At times the area where an ad would occur is just a red box with no ad but blocking the posts.

just had a page blocked by two half-page ads a few minutes ago.. I hit the "x" on both of them, clicked on "stop seeing this ad", and then selected "inappropriate" for my reason. After a few seconds, the ad boxes faded out and the thread screen returned.

Lol. I'm waiting for the ad-blocker to realize the incongruity and return with a vengeance, saying "Inappropriate, huh? Look at the website you're on!"

Really bad all of a sudden this morning. Not sure what if anything changed but I have multiple ads now when I only had one ad at the top before.

I am on a laptop (not a mobile device) and I still have to scroll to see any more than 2 thread. There is an advertisement after the first thread title, and sometimes after the second thread title, as well. Talk about annoying and completely uncalled for.

I am on a laptop (not a mobile device) and I still have to scroll to see any more than 2 thread. There is an advertisement after the first thread title, and sometimes after the second thread title, as well. Talk about annoying and completely uncalled for.

Download and install Adblock Plus for Chrome for free (only takes a few minutes), and all the annoying ads will be gone (I use it):

Download and install Adblock Plus for Chrome for free (only takes a few minutes), and all the annoying ads will be gone (I use it):

I'm on my work laptop with some excellent anti-advertisement stuff, and the ad no longer shows up, but the space where the ad would be is still there. Still have to scroll even if I don't see the ad.

I'm on my work laptop with some excellent anti-advertisement stuff, and the ad no longer shows up, but the space where the ad would be is still there. Still have to scroll even if I don't see the ad.

Not seeing any of that on my end. I'll try looking around for another solution.

Last edited:
Maybe try one of these?

UXWCxWlp_o.png

Mine looks just like yours Pitt. Could not tell you what browser I'm using. Samsung tablet with Android guts.

Galaxy tab A. Two built in browsers Google Chrome and Samsung Internet.

Last edited:
Ads have gotten really bad the last few days.
I was also having that problem until I realized I didn't have an ad-block extension on my current browser. I had it on Chrome, but for some reason, Chrome took a dump on me starting on New Year's Day. It wouldn't open and would cause my laptop to freeze every time I tried to launch it. Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome didn't fix the problem, so I've since switched to Edge which I don't like nearly as much and forgot about installing an ad-blocker until now. Problem solved for the time being.

PIT, which browser are you using (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, etc.)?
I've used Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. All three have the same issue. And while I don't have any non-approved 3rd party ad blockers, my Fortunate 500 employer has some pretty strict stuff on our machines that typically does a good job keeping ads from displaying.

I was also having that problem until I realized I didn't have an ad-block extension on my current browser. I had it on Chrome, but for some reason, Chrome took a dump on me starting on New Year's Day. It wouldn't open and would cause my laptop to freeze every time I tried to launch it. Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome didn't fix the problem, so I've since switched to Edge which I don't like nearly as much and forgot about installing an ad-blocker until now. Problem solved for the time being.

^This was one of my thoughts.

I've used Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge. All three have the same issue. And while I don't have any non-approved 3rd party ad blockers, my Fortunate 500 employer has some pretty strict stuff on our machines that typically does a good job keeping ads from displaying.

Don’t know which adblocker your company uses, but if, for example, you’re using Adblock Plus in Chrome, from Chrome’s list of extensions, Adblock Plus allows you to click on its ‘Details.’ Scrolling down the list that appears, you’ll see ‘Extension Options’ and can click on that. A new tab will open, with Adblock Plus Settings. From the ‘General’ tab, you can uncheck the box next to ‘Allow Acceptable Ads,’ and while you’re at it, maybe check the two boxes next to ‘Block additional tracking’ and ‘Block social media icons tracking.’ ?‍♂️