Adidas/NCAA bribery scandal

We just keep talking circles in this, it's the same as it was 40 years ago. When you have people competing, there is always going to be cheating. School presidents, athletic directors and coaches do a terrible job managing their programs. Sadly, we don't expect more of them.

I don't understand why more of these one & done guys don't play pro ball for a year overseas. The money is good; they have a year to work on their game; and then go into the NBA draft.
For good American players, many of these teams will pay $500,00-1mil. Not chump change to help their families.

I don't understand why more of these one & done guys don't play pro ball for a year overseas. The money is good; they have a year to work on their game; and then go into the NBA draft.
For good American players, many of these teams will pay $500,00-1mil. Not chump change to help their families.

I get it. It's a HUGE culture shock. Family members can't uproot lives to live with them and even if they do, it's likely those family members also experience huge culture shock. Language barriers with the coaches and other players. Often times it could hurt their draft stock because they don't get playing time.

Look at Jeremy Tyler. 5* center. Had offers from every school in the country. Chose to go overseas. Played 7.6 minutes per game and then left the team to return to the US.

Dragen Bender got more minutes his rookie year of the NBA than he did with Tel Aviv Maccabi. As did Porzingis. Brandon Jennings never even topped 20 minutes per game in Italy.

I get it. It's a HUGE culture shock. Family members can't uproot lives to live with them and even if they do, it's likely those family members also experience huge culture shock. Language barriers with the coaches and other players. Often times it could hurt their draft stock because they don't get playing time.

Look at Jeremy Tyler. 5* center. Had offers from every school in the country. Chose to go overseas. Played 7.6 minutes per game and then left the team to return to the US.

Dragen Bender got more minutes his rookie year of the NBA than he did with Tel Aviv Maccabi. As did Porzingis. Brandon Jennings never even topped 20 minutes per game in Italy.

Tyler actually skipped his senior year of high school to go overseas.

That's a little crazy.

Different game there isn't it? Worth the risk of looking bad? If academics are not great, I see the point.

ANd one-and-done on scholarship claiming poverty for one year's effort? Not worth anyone's ear time. Do the one and done, shut up about it, enter the draft. That's respectful.

ESPN cannot stop shooting themselves in the foot. Between this, becoming Social Justice Sports Network, their dog streaming service.

So does Shaq junior change his mind again with this revelation ?
Not sure how Miller and Arizona could not go after ESPN or whomever for all of these lies being spread around damaging their reputations.

Or is this just another case of the Rick Pitino defense with all the " I " never knowingly did or knew about anything ?

As stated somebody is lying.

Wasn't Book Richardson who I believe was indicted not an assistant coach for Miller ? Even if Miller did not know what Richardson was doing ( which I find hard to believe ), Miller is responsible for his program and no matter what should be slammed by the NCAA for lack of control over his basketball program.

http://amp.si.com/college-basketbal...e-ayton-espn-report?__twitter_impression=true

From the article
To that end, the source told SI what Miller clarified for the first time Thursday: Ayton is not the player on whose behalf former ASM Sports employee Christian Dawkins allegedly sought a payment from Miller, and Miller never pursued or made any payments to a recruit associated with Dawkins.

If true ESPN will have a lawsuit and will lose any credibility they have

ESPN states Miller was on the tape and that they got the player wrong, it wasn't Ayton.

Ayton should be pissed

Ayton should sue.

If true, lol at Miller thinking he'd get out of this because they identified the player wrong.

However, who knows what's true right now.

Ayton should sue.

If true, lol at Miller thinking he'd get out of this because they identified the player wrong.

However, who knows what's true right now.

That's kind of my opinion. Nobody really knows except those that listened to the tape and Miller etc. It's obvious Espn's "insider" hasnt listened to the tapes but is being told about it. So everything we are bring told is like a game of telephone.

I think the 90 grand was alleged to go to Billy Preston's mom. Interestingly enough he also wrecked a car on campus nobody could figure out where it came from. In fairness to Kansas I don't think he saw the court. Of course that didn't stop his mom from going off on a lot of people. Not sure how much De Sousa's family got but he is named.

I want the Sean Miller case to go to court. The longer it goes on without him in the news, the more I think he is innocent

I want the Sean Miller case to go to court. The longer it goes on without him in the news, the more I think he is innocent

What difference does that make these days.

If he is accused of anything, he is assumed guilty (no evidence is necessary).

I wonder what's worse between basketball and football. Football is obviously the bigger moneymaker, but there are 100 guys on a team instead of 15 in basketball, so I assume the payments are higher. And because one player in basketball is way more important than one player in football.