Adena @ Mechanicsburg

Man, have to play an away game cause that field is shot after week 8?
Better get your money back!
Here is an idea, build your pee wee teams their own field, that will help some.
And while your at it, build some stands so the fans have somewhere to sit when they come to the game.
what is your issue with Mechanicsburg? they have a fine facility. one of the nicer venues i’ve been to. of course, we always wish visitor bleachers were bigger but it doesn’t work like that.

And while your at it, build some stands so the fans have somewhere to sit when they come to the game.
I said this in week 2, “The arrogance by the WJ fans is amazing.” Why do you care? Still upset about that week 2 loss? Burg has that choice just like every other better seed. Idiots like you make it impossible to root for WJ. Go cavs. Enjoy your 2 hour trip home Saturday. That will give you plenty of time to relive your paper championships.

I wouldn't read too much into the Paint Valley Game, that was not the Bearcat team I watched all year. No emotion from the beginning and not aggressive at all. I watched replay of Adena and Minster and them boys are hungry and look better than anytime all year. This will be the most physical team Indians will see so far.

what is your issue with Mechanicsburg? they have a fine facility. one of the nicer venues i’ve been to. of course, we always wish visitor bleachers were bigger but it doesn’t work like that.

You'd be unhappy too if....... well I can lay out a list of why RRP might be unhappy - and it would be dang entertaining too, but I'm trying hard to be more positive so "Go OHC".

I said this in week 2, “The arrogance by the WJ fans is amazing.” Why do you care? Still upset about that week 2 loss? Burg has that choice just like every other better seed. Idiots like you make it impossible to root for WJ. Go cavs. Enjoy your 2 hour trip home Saturday. That will give you plenty of time to relive your paper championships.

Well those guys and 2 faced SB....... again that entertaining list - dang staying positive is hard.

I wouldn't read too much into the Paint Valley Game, that was not the Bearcat team I watched all year. No emotion from the beginning and not aggressive at all. I watched replay of Adena and Minster and them boys are hungry and look better than anytime all year. This will be the most physical team Indians will see so far.

Ah a tip of the cap to the competition? Looked like some emotion in that first quarter from the bearcats.
I do think Adena will be tough and they will play to the echo of the whistle. Might well be the most physical team the Burg has seen this year. Focus will be important to neutralize Adena's advantages. Burg #2 and Adena #5 in the final yappi poll FWIW.

Last edited:
Paper championships?

Glad it got moved to London. No excuses for either team about field conditions. Hoping to be able to get a ticket again this week.

I don’t see Adena keeping up. I know their QB is a stud but we have so many options, it’s hard to cover unless you have 4-5 guys with speed and agility. Conley was throwing the ball well Saturday night too. It’ll be a fun game!

I agree. The Burg is loaded this year with talent. Hurst is an amazing player, might be the best one on the field this week and next. Bebout sp? is a deep threat with great hands. Fast Rbs, WRs that block, and Burg always has tough kids who play defense the way its meant to be played. They might be state title good this year.

Ive seen them twice this year and came away very impressed both times. I hope Adena can pass, because a running team is not going to beat Mech., unless its a Kirtland level type team. They are stout against the run.

You can't complain about your team not looking good and not being the team you've watched all year: A. You either come to play or you don't. B. The other team obviously had something to do with that. C. Tip your hat to your opponent, take your loss, learn from it, and move on. D. There's no whining in Football, ( or any other sport, wanna not get your A@@ beat, work harder ).

You can't complain about your team not looking good and not being the team you've watched all year: A. You either come to play or you don't. B. The other team obviously had something to do with that. C. Tip your hat to your opponent, take your loss, learn from it, and move on. D. There's no whining in Football, ( or any other sport, wanna not get your A@@ beat, work harder ).
What about Baseball? I know what Tom Hanks said... but then there‘s been the last year of the Dodgers, and the Yankees, and the A’s, and the whomevers complaining about the Astros...

You are so arrogant that you don't even realize what a &^%$#bag you are. Everyone doesn't have Amazon money, but I guess money can't even buy you a win, or 80 kids get you a win, or whatever great things you think you have going for you.

Always had respect for West Jefferson, but... you sir are A@@.

I agree. The Burg is loaded this year with talent. Hurst is an amazing player, might be the best one on the field this week and next. Bebout sp? is a deep threat with great hands. Fast Rbs, WRs that block, and Burg always has tough kids who play defense the way its meant to be played. They might be state title good this year.

Ive seen them twice this year and came away very impressed both times. I hope Adena can pass, because a running team is not going to beat Mech., unless its a Kirtland level type team. They are stout against the run.

Sykes was 11-14 for 182 yds last week against Minster. They have a nice receiving corp led by 6'4" 210lb Logan Bennett. They have speed in Myers, Wilt, and Throckmorton(RB). IMO, the passing game is the key, and I think the staff has the confidence in Sykes to let him throw it around this year. I agree that it could be tough sledding on the ground.

It says a lot when Mechanicsburg and West Liberty fans can agree that West Jefferson is the worst. Time for a roughrider “us against the world” campaign.

Good for the Burg & it’s Head Coach/AD to realize their field would not be acceptable to play on this week & to move the game. It’s rained a lot and the Burg uses the field for multiple teams - grass fields just don’t hold up too well in late October in Ohio. It’s a very nice stadium and the potato French fries are great.

Nice to see West Liberty & The Burg agreeing on something but RRP was right about one thing - the Burg should have more away seating. It can’t cost that much to double the seating they currently have. And WLS - lets try to get plumbing/restrooms at your stadium. 3 port-a-johns for the entire stadium - come on.

If Mechanicsburg plays to the level they have all season long they should definitely advance over Adena. The Burgs experience & front 7 on both sides of the ball is their strength.

Good for the Burg & it’s Head Coach/AD to realize their field would not be acceptable to play on this week & to move the game. It’s rained a lot and the Burg uses the field for multiple teams - grass fields just don’t hold up too well in late October in Ohio. It’s a very nice stadium and the potato French fries are great.

Nice to see West Liberty & The Burg agreeing on something but RRP was right about one thing - the Burg should have more away seating. It can’t cost that much to double the seating they currently have. And WLS - lets try to get plumbing/restrooms at your stadium. 3 port-a-johns for the entire stadium - come on.

If Mechanicsburg plays to the level they have all season long they should definitely advance over Adena. The Burgs experience & front 7 on both sides of the ball is their strength.

There is an ongoing fundraiser for a field house with restrooms. Feel free to donate.

Wsl-color - good to see you are still around, hope all is well. Nice to hear WLS is doing something about the facilities and yes, if you get a drop box for donations at the WLS stadium by next years WJ @ WLS game I’ll definitely put in a donation.

burg222332 - WJ away side has an abundance of seating, your own restrooms and concession stand. What more do you need/want? Anything more and WJ would never get you to leave.

West Jeff fields aren't going to win any awards either. Their visitors stands are trash ?
All I did was to make an opinion to help out with the obvious and you guys took it and ran with something different.
So here we go with facts!

Fact! WJ away stands are better then your home stands.
Fact! No boby in WJ is mad about week 2! (Just about the way WJ played in the 1st half)
Fact! Burg needed 4 turnovers to beat WJ in week 2. (4 TO's that led to 10 points, Burg won by 9)
Fact! WJ does have 2 paper titles.
Fact! WJ does have 2 state titles.
Fact! Burg has no paper or state titles!
Fact! Burg fans should be wanting WJ to beat CW but I understand why they don't.
Fact! If Burg and WJ play again this year, I will GUARANTEE a WJ victory!
Fact! Amazon has nothing to do with the facilities in WJ, you can look that up.
Fact! WJ is building a fieldhouse right now that is being done by a public donor, look it up, it's not a company!
Fact! I'll leave this one open for now

Sykes was 11-14 for 182 yds last week against Minster. They have a nice receiving corp led by 6'4" 210lb Logan Bennett. They have speed in Myers, Wilt, and Throckmorton(RB). IMO, the passing game is the key, and I think the staff has the confidence in Sykes to let him throw it around this year. I agree that it could be tough sledding on the ground.
does Sykes usually have that type of touch on the ball... he threw some balls that were dropping in a bucket.... and the receivers made some GREAT catches

West Jeff fields aren't going to win any awards either. Their visitors stands are trash ?
so Minster didn't get to practice with the BURG this summer( i think they have come to Minster the 3 prior years), i knew you guys were YOUNG last year, i know you have some very strong boys, how about a little scouting report on the BURG

so Minster didn't get to practice with the BURG this summer( i think they have come to Minster the 3 prior years), i knew you guys were YOUNG last year, i know you have some very strong boys, how about a little scouting report on the BURG

The Burg has the highest rated Qb in the OHC and doing it with out running up numbers vs JV'ers ?
3 kids running the ball at ~8 yards a carry average. Receiving core has a super explosive option and 2-3 others that are very solid with good hands. The Oline works as a unit and gets on people. So pretty balanced.
Defense is smart, can bring pressure or cover well. Tackling has gotten better and better as the year has gone on.

does Sykes usually have that type of touch on the ball... he threw some balls that were dropping in a bucket.... and the receivers made some GREAT catches

He's accurate. He completed 62% of his passes on the year. Bennett(#11) and Throckmorton(#13) can really go get it.