ACME Baseball To Try And Salvage Season For Current Seniors

Hopefully if things settle down, they will open up the facilities. No reason to keep things shut down 3 months later because of what was happening in April.

Hopefully if things settle down, they will open up the facilities. No reason to keep things shut down 3 months later because of what was happening in April.

They won't open the fields until they open the buildings to faculty. That's not happening anytime soon.

I was told that our field is off limits until Dewine lifts the policy.
My biggest thing is with school now done for the year in person will school facilities get put on the backburner of things to open up as kids are not in class for the summer anyways. I would guess the fall coaches will be chomping at the bit to get back in the school so hopefully they can throw their weight around to keep it in the forefront.

I know that some schools in Ohio will cancel school on Friday and that would mean the school was closed the entire weekend. Even games that were scheduled for Saturday were cancelled even if the weather was much better. Other schools were much more liberal. They could play a game on a night during which school was cancelled that day. Weekend games were not threatened because of the weather 36 hours ago.

That is the fear that I have with opening up facilities. If there is a threat, close down the facilities. Once the threat has passed, open them back up. Don't have a policy that requires everything to be closed just because of something weeks or months ago. If the stay-at-home orders are lifted, school facilities should be opened back up.

If anyone was listening to the daily bull session by the Gov and Dr. MPH, it should cast huge doubt into any thought of any organized summer activity.

Summer will be cancelled for 2020..don't plan on doing anything that resembles fun such as Cedar Point, July 4th Fireworks celebrations, weddings, etc....2020 will be the year that never was. Der Kommissar DeWine will see to it.

Summer will be cancelled for 2020..don't plan on doing anything that resembles fun such as Cedar Point, July 4th Fireworks celebrations, weddings, etc....2020 will be the year that never was. Der Kommissar DeWine will see to it.

One of my dad's closest friends who lives in Sandusky told him recently that Sandusky's economy is basically going to be decimated. The impact on hotels, gas stations, restaurants, etc.. as a result of cedar point not opening will be catastrophic in his words.

Maybe the cities will open their park fields and they can be whipped into shape. I agree with Mr. Yappi, don't close things just to close things.

Maybe the cities will open their park fields and they can be whipped into shape. I agree with Mr. Yappi, don't close things just to close things.

That appears to be the only hope for any type of Summer activities though I think that's a relatively low percentage. Cities won't open up as long as DeWine says no. And organizations will follow suite. They don't want to open that door be the "Example" for what not to do.

That appears to be the only hope for any type of Summer activities though I think that's a relatively low percentage. Cities won't open up as long as DeWine says no. And organizations will follow suite. They don't want to open that door be the "Example" for what not to do.
Probably right but having summer activities themselves are a healthy activity especially if bars, churches and other locations are open.

I don't disagree. And somewhat shocking the bars are the ones following the orders and not churches. I understand it's their rights and what not but I wouldn't attend a church that was simply looking for attention in a time when we truly need to be looking out for our neighbors. I personally believe bars will be one of the last things open. Or at least that's how I'd do things.

I don't disagree. And somewhat shocking the bars are the ones following the orders and not churches. I understand it's their rights and what not but I wouldn't attend a church that was simply looking for attention in a time when we truly need to be looking out for our neighbors. I personally believe bars will be one of the last things open. Or at least that's how I'd do things.
I would imagine most bars could pass as restaurants during the days and should be able to open. Now, maybe an early closure like 9pm or whatnot.

I posted this on the Spring Sports thread, but it applies here as well......

If anyone thinks DeWine is going to totally relax the "mass gathering" order in the next 90 days, then they haven't been paying attention to him or the Doctor. DeWine was asked about kids being able to play with each other and he again said "take your kids to the state parks because they (save for one) are still open."

They speak in code. The same code was spoken yesterday as it was in mid-March.

I posted this on the Spring Sports thread, but it applies here as well......

If anyone thinks DeWine is going to totally relax the "mass gathering" order in the next 90 days, then they haven't been paying attention to him or the Doctor. DeWine was asked about kids being able to play with each other and he again said "take your kids to the state parks because they (save for one) are still open."

They speak in code. The same code was spoken yesterday as it was in mid-March.
I agree. There are two obstacles to overcome. The obvious one is that the number of cases/deaths has to drop significantly. If that happens, the next obstacle is for DeWine and Acton to relax their orders. I have more faith in the first one happening than the second one.

This is why so many people are starting to feel lied to. The goal at first was to prevent the health care system from being overwhelmed. We have done that in a big way. Now the goal seems to be no new infections or deaths. People are noticing and getting frustrated. As you said, DeWine and Acton are speaking in code and people are starting to pick up on it.

They need to stop speaking in code and explain how and why and they are making their decisions. Admit what they know and what they don't know and convince us that their course of action is the best. Supposedly today they are going to explain their decisions in light of their admitted lack of testing. I honestly don't think the data matters. The state needs money (see the bills mailed for liquor licenses), the churches need money (see the pastors demanding to restart services) and the cities need money (see mayor Cranley crying as he announces the furloughs that he helped cause with that silly investment in the convention center hospital). Since they are going to be forced to allow limited mass gatherings soon (see church services), the populace is going to ask about other mass gatherings. Mike and dr. Acton have played their hand. We will have to see how things work out.

Supposedly today they are going to explain their decisions in light of their admitted lack of testing. I honestly don't think the data matters. The state needs money (see the bills mailed for liquor licenses), the churches need money (see the pastors demanding to restart services)

1) I've always been told churches were a place for worship, not revenue?
2) The lack of testing is an issue across the USA. Trump appears to be one of the only humans who think there's adequate access to testing. Realistically there aren't enough kits available. And I voted for him.
3) And you admit data doesn't matter so it's hard justify further engagement

Ministers have to get paid something. My dad was a Minister so I know most of them don't make much......but they do have families and utilities and bills to pay.

They need to stop speaking in code and explain how and why and they are making their decisions. Admit what they know and what they don't know and convince us that their course of action is the best...Mike and dr. Acton have played their hand. We will have to see how things work out.
The reason they can't just come out and say what they want to say is one simple reason: the general public is pretty dumb. They knew in March that kids weren't going back to school this year. And honestly, they're probably going to be at home for the entire 2020-2021 school year, too. But they can't say that because PEOPLE WOULD LOSE THEIR MINDS. Panic in the streets. Riots. People haven't been able to get a haircut for a month and they're protesting in the streets. Imagine when they find out they are actually going to have to deal with/parent their own kids for a calendar year. So they release things gradually, in waves, so you don't have panic and hysteria from the morons.

The reason they can't just come out and say what they want to say is one simple reason: the general public is pretty dumb. They knew in March that kids weren't going back to school this year. And honestly, they're probably going to be at home for the entire 2020-2021 school year, too. But they can't say that because PEOPLE WOULD LOSE THEIR MINDS. Panic in the streets. Riots. People haven't been able to get a haircut for a month and they're protesting in the streets. Imagine when they find out they are actually going to have to deal with/parent their own kids for a calendar year. So they release things gradually, in waves, so you don't have panic and hysteria from the morons.
The reason why they are cryptic is so when this is done they can more easily twist their words and actions to support whatever narrative shows them in the most positive light.

*All hell breaks loose? The predicted it.
*Everything gets better so much faster than expected? Because of the safeguards they put in place.
*Browns win the super bowl? We all died and went to Hell.

No way schools are shutdown for 20/21.
No.
Way.

With that said, I think this was a good gesture by the ACME association. Unfortunately it looks like Dr. Doom will suggest to the Supreme Leader that sporting events should cease for the summer.

No way schools are shutdown for 20/21.
No.
Way.

With that said, I think this was a good gesture by the ACME association. Unfortunately it looks like Dr. Doom will suggest to the Supreme Leader that sporting events should cease for the summer.
Until there's a vaccine, they ain't going back to school. Not just kids not going back to school. No large crowds anywhere.

Agreed that it's a good gesture by ACME. They've always been a top-notch organization, and this is just another example.

Until there's a vaccine, they ain't going back to school. Not just kids not going back to school. No large crowds anywhere.

Agreed that it's a good gesture by ACME. They've always been a top-notch organization, and this is just another example.
Do you realize there is a chance that there will never be a vaccine. No person in Ohio under 30 have died. Nationwide nearly 40% of deaths are people that lived in a nursing homes.

That doesn't sound like reasons any logical person would think to shut down schools for a year and half.

1. There may never be a vaccine. 2. the vaccine isn't for the normal. 3. We need to move forward.

2) The lack of testing is an issue across the USA. Trump appears to be one of the only humans who think there's adequate access to testing. Realistically there aren't enough kits available. And I voted for him.
3) And you admit data doesn't matter so it's hard justify further engagement
Data does not matter to them. Heck, I was charting the numbers on my own (because I was stupid and couldn't find the trend charts on the internet) until I realized that the numbers PUBLISHED were not driving decisions. There is not adequate testing to drive data based decisions but I have not found one reason why there are not enough test kits, Heck, we splashed a new ship in a week during WWII and we can't make enough reagent to test in a meaningful way. But, I was watching some stuff today on FOX and it appears the virus is/was more ubiquitous than anyone has realized. Thus, the morbidity rates are way down like in the flu range and we did not come close to overwhelming our medical resources. So, I propose we roll out towards our regular normality in two week increments, prepare to aggressively treat those that need the treatment with HCQ (make a ton of it..it is cheap to make) and start developing that herd immunity. Unfortunately, the most vulnerable will need to be careful until that emergency vaccine is developed in the fall. That way there will be an economy/society when things can get back to normal. Remember, the vaccine is not for the healthy it is for the unhealthy.

So, I propose we roll out towards our regular normality in two week increments, prepare to aggressively treat those that need the treatment with HCQ (make a ton of it..it is cheap to make) and start developing that herd immunity. Unfortunately, the most vulnerable will need to be careful until that emergency vaccine is developed in the fall. That way there will be an economy/society when things can get back to normal. Remember, the vaccine is not for the healthy it is for the unhealthy.
You mean the hydoxychloroquine that almost every medical professional has said to stop using because it doesn't work and is actually worse than doing nothing? Maybe try a different news source. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: