Accusations of Bullying Against South Range Coach

Windians43

Parents & Players hired a real estate lawyer from Columbus to take out their varsity basketball coach? Seems pretty strange.

Hopefully they figure this out and can continue their season.

The assistant coach already took a fall so maybe the head coach gets to stay and scapegoat the assistant. It will be interesting to hear what is considered bullying in this case.

Monday morning quarterbacking: The concerned / affected players and parents should have met with the coach first. Then, if still dissatisfied, they should gone to the Athletic Director and school principal before ambushing the school board members. There is undoubtedly another side to this of which we are totally unaware. The coach may be guilty of nothing more than pushing his team hard and perhaps too harshly identifying the players who have the most ability and desire, much to the dismay of parents whose kids haven’t ever had to face Darwinian facts.

Monday morning quarterbacking: The concerned / affected players and parents should have met with the coach first. Then, if still dissatisfied, they should gone to the Athletic Director and school principal before ambushing the school board members. There is undoubtedly another side to this of which we are totally unaware. The coach may be guilty of nothing more than pushing his team hard and perhaps too harshly identifying the players who have the most ability and desire, much to the dismay of parents whose kids haven’t ever had to face Darwinian facts.
People that go straight to board meetings seldom get the resolution they want - unless it’s publicity they‘re after.

How does any of this have credibility the minute the lawyer mentioned the coach's win loss record? The minute I heard about this I thought it was because they are winless, the lawyer's statement confirmed it.

How does any of this have credibility the minute the lawyer mentioned the coach's win loss record? The minute I heard about this I thought it was because they are winless, the lawyer's statement confirmed it.

The lawyer didn't. The coach did. I believe, the lawyer was refering to the coach's attempt to divert the topic to his record as "dreadful.". He was not stating that the record itself was "dreadful." That's how I read it.
Klucinec spoke in defense of his win-loss record, which Craven described as “dreadful.”

Craven (the lawyer) described it as dreadful, not the coach.

Pronouns. smh It's not even clear, which side you're taking on this major controversy of what the lawyer said and intended. To what does your "it" refer?

According to the quote I posted from the article, It was the coach that brought up his own record. Buckeye96 unless running with additional information that it was the lawyer, seems to have that wrong.

Now we get into a subject and phrase issue as to whether the lawyer was refering to the W-L record or the subject of the previous phrase, the coach speaking about his own W-L record.

'Klucinec spoke in defense of his win-loss record, which Craven described as “dreadful.” ' the actual quote as opposed to

Klucinec spoke in defense of his win-loss record, which Craven had described as “dreadful.”

Previous to that statement, I see nowhere the writer references Craven having commented on the coach's W-L. The written statement is claiming the lawyer was calling "dreadful" the coach bringing up his W-L (probably because even a solid W-L would be no defense to the accusations), not the W-L record itself. Perhaps if it's that big a deal either way, the writer should add a clarification.

Last edited:
We're doomed if we ever get into a war with China.
I disagree. It used to be helicopter parents hovered over their kids protecting them from adversity. Now-a-days, the lawn mower parents will be on the battle field mowing over any chance of negativity their enlisted kids might face from China. We’ll be fine! 😒

Pronouns. smh It's not even clear, which side you're taking on this major controversy of what the lawyer said and intended. To what does your "it" refer?

According to the quote I posted from the article, It was the coach that brought up his own record. Buckeye96 unless running with additional information that it was the lawyer, seems to have that wrong.

Now we get into a subject and phrase issue as to whether the lawyer was refering to the W-L record or the subject of the previous phrase, the coach speaking about his own W-L record.

'Klucinec spoke in defense of his win-loss record, which Craven described as “dreadful.” ' the actual quote as opposed to

Klucinec spoke in defense of his win-loss record, which Craven had described as “dreadful.”

Previous to that statement, I see nowhere the writer references Craven having commented on the coach's W-L. The written statement is claiming the lawyer was calling "dreadful" the coach bringing up his W-L (probably because even a solid W-L would be no defense to the accusations), not the W-L record itself. Perhaps if it's that big a deal either way, the writer should add a clarification.
Well, seeing that the attorney was the first invited to speak during the public comment section and he (there's your pronoun) brought up the coach's record (his career record) at the end of his comment to the board......

It's clear who first broached the subject of wins and losses.

Well, seeing that the attorney was the first invited to speak during the public comment section and he (there's your pronoun) brought up the coach's record (his career record) at the end of his comment to the board......
Your pronoun is irrelevant to the comment about the coach's record, I'm pretty sure even you understand it well enough to know that. Where in the article does it state the attorney brought up the coach's record? I'm sure you can quote that.

Last edited:
Your pronoun is irrelevant to the comment about the coach's record, I'm pretty sure even you understand it well enough to know that.
The pronoun you challenged me on (it) is what's irrelevant. My use of the pronoun was sarcastic to that point.
Where in the article does it state the attorney brought up the coach's record? I'm sure you can quote that.
I'll not only quote it, I'll let you listen to the lawyer's words spoken at the board meeting, straight from his mouth........ go to 27:12 of the clip --->

"Mr. Klucinec has failed as a basketball coach on the court his entire career. Amassing a dreadful career record of 39-75 and he is 7-22...." (his two minutes alotted cuts his record review short)

- The meeting was held on 12/19
- The lawyer was first to speak on the subject
- The record was brought up on 12/19
- The article was written after the meeting....

Unless the talked to the coach prior to the meeting and he somehow predicted the lawyer was going to use the adjective "dreadful"....... the lawyer broached the record first.

Glad I could assist you ;)

Last edited:
The pronoun you challenged me on (it) is what's irrelevant. My use of the pronoun was sarcastic to that point.
I agree, what you wrote was irrelevant. As for the rest, you now admit agreeing with me that the Lawyer bring up W-L record was not in the article that was actually under discussion and nowhere did I deny who said what. Glad I could assist you. ;)

Now I understand....

The coach defended his record in an interview before the board meeting where the lawyer called his record dreadful.

Thanks for assisting me. :ROFLMAO:

How did this all turn out? I haven’t heard or seen any follow up. The coach in question is still listed as the coach and the team has gone on to win a few games from what I can tell.

How did this all turn out? I haven’t heard or seen any follow up. The coach in question is still listed as the coach and the team has gone on to win a few games from what I can tell.
This linked article from today (Saturday 1/21/23) references South Range "coach TJ Irons", who I'm assuming had been an assistant on staff to start the season, since the original article in this thread was about (former?) head coach Will Klucinec (current status unknown), and also mentioned that assistant coach James Stitt had resigned.

South Range at one point was apparently 1-6 but now has won 6 in a row for a 7-6 record.

Link: https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/local-sports/2023/01/raiders-top-niles-win-6th-straight/