AB signs with Pats

Yeah, Race is the only difference between the two....
I said “a” difference, not the “only” difference. Just curious though, what notable difference between Trump and AB do you think would explain why someone would overlook a president’s unprofessional behavior and slam an athlete’s?

I said “a” difference, not the “only” difference. Just curious though, what notable difference between Trump and AB do you think would explain why someone would overlook a president’s unprofessional behavior and slam an athlete’s?
For starters the POTUS is a politician and by extension is a sleazy liar who kisses ba ies while stealing their candy. All politicians are liars, cheats, cons and general scum. It comes with the job.

Athletes on the other hand are revered and held in awe for their physical abilities on the playing field. It is our nature as fans to want the athletes that we idolize to be people of high moral standards. Even though they occassionally let us down. We like to believe that their greatness on the field translates into greatness off the field. When it doesn't we as fans are disgusted and "outraged".

In short, we hold athletes to a higher standard than politicians. Right or wrong it is what it is.

What is it about you that made you immediately think his comments were race motivated? Is skin color the only thing you see when you look at someone?

For starters the POTUS is a politician and by extension is a sleazy liar who kisses ba ies while stealing their candy. All politicians are liars, cheats, cons and general scum. It comes with the job.

Athletes on the other hand are revered and held in awe for their physical abilities on the playing field. It is our nature as fans to want the athletes that we idolize to be people of high moral standards. Even though they occassionally let us down. We like to believe that their greatness on the field translates into greatness off the field. When it doesn't we as fans are disgusted and "outraged".

In short, we hold athletes to a higher standard than politicians. Right or wrong it is what it is.

What is it about you that made you immediately think his comments were race motivated? Is skin color the only thing you see when you look at someone?
So you think their job is the driving difference and people hold athletes to a higher level of morality. Lol, okay.

Just saw a tweet from AB saying that the criticisms of all the 55 year old lower middle-class white guys from Cleveland have him regretting how he handled all of this.

So you think their job is the driving difference and people hold athletes to a higher level of morality. Lol, okay.
Not morality necessarily. People expect their sports heroes to be good people, not azzholes.
People don't expect politicians to be "good people". It's kind of expected that politicians are azzholes.

Sounds like your point is that the people mad at AB for not being "professional" are morons, which sounds about right.

AB should be disciplined by the League for his profane and racially insensitive language towards the Raiders GM. If the shoe was on the other foot, would Mayock receive discipline or even have a job still? I don’t think he will make it all season in NE. I seem him as a naturally defiant person so NE time will be interesting.

Anything to the rape and assault charges filed against him today?
At this point it's an allegation. It appears to have happened 3 times, twice in the summer of 2017 and once in the summer of 2018.

Questions of timing seem pretty appropriate right now. These are two people who knew each other, actually Brown hired her to train him. And in most of these cases, he says it was consensual, she says no. Who to believe?

After the 2017 incidents, why no charges then, and in fact, why work with him again in 2018?

Now I think it's also important to note that this is a civil lawsuit, not criminal. This means she's looking to get paid.

I was thinking the same thing, why keep working with him?
Then I wondered, maybe it was about $$ and prestige? Maybe she needed the money and credibility of being a trainer for an NFL player. I don't know, I don't know whom she is or the situation.
Many would be like 'get the hell outta there' and I would agree, but $$ makes you put up with a lot of things.

AT the end of the day, it is all smoke and she just wants money.

At this point it's an allegation. It appears to have happened 3 times, twice in the summer of 2017 and once in the summer of 2018.

Questions of timing seem pretty appropriate right now. These are two people who knew each other, actually Brown hired her to train him. And in most of these cases, he says it was consensual, she says no. Who to believe?

After the 2017 incidents, why no charges then, and in fact, why work with him again in 2018?

Now I think it's also important to note that this is a civil lawsuit, not criminal. This means she's looking to get paid.

With that said, he needs to be put on the exempt list, or just NE doing what they can under the structure of the contract which I presume is anything they want....

I have little doubt that the young lady is being truthful about the AB situation. He strikes me as an egomaniac who does what he wants, when he wants. Hopefully the commissioner's exempt list keeps him off the field. but then again, Tyreke Hill is fine to play. you just never know what to expect from this league.

Hopefully the Patriots do the right thing and release him. Kraft pays for his fun willingly, doesn't respect guys who force their way in.