A true CPS story...Entire Woodward Coaching Staff Nonrenewed.

Some real wizards at Woodard, how in the world is Woodard going to build momentum going into next season. This is a important time of year to develop and build your team. If not for the new building I'd say close the school and merge them with withrow.

Some real wizards at Woodard, how in the world is Woodard going to build momentum going into next season. This is a important time of year to develop and build your team. If not for the new building I'd say close the school and merge them with withrow.

Like many public schools, sadly, Woodward is more like a prison than a school.

They realistically should be in a league with Lucasville, Marysville, and Lebanon Correctional institute...

Like many public schools, sadly, Woodward is more like a prison than a school.

They realistically should be in a league with Lucasville, Marysville, and Lebanon Correctional institute...

I'm not too firmiliar with Woodward, yes I know it is a CPS school, but didn't know that many public schools are like prisons? What do you mean by that?

Are Fairfield, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Waynesville and the Lakota's like prisons also?

I'm not too firmiliar with Woodward, yes I know it is a CPS school, but didn't know that many public schools are like prisons? What do you mean by that?

Are Fairfield, Oak Hills, Sycamore, Waynesville and the Lakota's like prisons also?

You really shouldn't dignify Mr Montana with a response.

listen to panther.

He means its off the chain inside the school! Teachers that work there will tell you that!

I know that part of their problem is getting enough kids to stay academically eligible. The last football coach was in the building so I would think he would be able to really monitor the kids closely, but in the end the kids have to do their work. I don't know much about the other programs. They should be a lot better, when Sherman was there he was able to get them to compete, he even had an undefeated regular season...so it is possible

Not sure what you mean by "off the chain" but from what I have heard Woodward does have the worst discipline issues in CPS.

You are correct. Literally craziness everyday. Not very conducive for learning. It's some very good teachers and kids there but they are overshadowed by the craziness.

I know that part of their problem is getting enough kids to stay academically eligible. The last football coach was in the building so I would think he would be able to really monitor the kids closely, but in the end the kids have to do their work. I don't know much about the other programs. They should be a lot better, when Sherman was there he was able to get them to compete, he even had an undefeated regular season...so it is possible

Sherman did a very good job but he had an influx of talent coming through the school to play for him. I don't think any parent is going to send there child to Woodward to play football, not on what Woodward is now.

The story isn't that the entire staff was non-renewed - coaches typically operate on a one-year contract; the story is the timing - VERY late in the year.

The story isn't that the entire staff was non-renewed - coaches typically operate on a one-year contract; the story is the timing - VERY late in the year.

I think both points are the story, yes contracts are all one year but how often does the entire athletic dept get non-renewed at the same time? Yes this late in the year for Football is even bigger (volleyball as well for that matter but we are in the FB forum)

I think both points are the story, yes contracts are all one year but how often does the entire athletic dept get non-renewed at the same time? Yes this late in the year for Football is even bigger (volleyball as well for that matter but we are in the FB forum)

I was under the assumption that you meant just the football staff. We are in the football forum, and you mentioned coaching staff.

In theory, all coaches are non-renewed every year, as they operate on one-year contracts. Every district that I have ever lived in issued notices of non-renewal at the end of each season to coaches, and they have to apply to keep their position.

Finally, there is, after all, a BIG gap between not renewing a coach and posting the job as an open position.

I was under the assumption that you meant just the football staff. We are in the football forum, and you mentioned coaching staff.

In theory, all coaches are non-renewed every year, as they operate on one-year contracts. Every district that I have ever lived in issued notices of non-renewal at the end of each season to coaches, and they have to apply to keep their position.

Finally, there is, after all, a BIG gap between not renewing a coach and posting the job as an open position.

Cincinnati Public never makes anyone reapply to keep the job. When they don't renew it is because they are letting that coach go. He or she can reapply but that is very different from a contract expiring and being renewed each year.

Cincinnati Public never makes anyone reapply to keep the job. When they don't renew it is because they are letting that coach go. He or she can reapply but that is very different from a contract expiring and being renewed each year.

By "apply" in these situations, I mean that the coach has to simply let the AD / principal know that he / she is interested in coaching again the next year. I've lived up and down the 71 corridor, including CPS (according to a former AD at West High), and this has been the practice.

By "apply" in these situations, I mean that the coach has to simply let the AD / principal know that he / she is interested in coaching again the next year. I've lived up and down the 71 corridor, including CPS (according to a former AD at West High), and this has been the practice.

I understand.

Amen...Look what Doc Gamble did at Withrow.

Amen...Look what Doc Gamble did at Withrow.

Gamble did a great job at Withrow. Where is Gamble these days? Didn't he go to Fairfield for a couple years? I'm not sure what his career goals were but it would have been interesting to see what he would've built if he'd stayed at Withrow.

Last edited:
Gamble did a great job at Withrow. Where is Gamble these days? Didn't he go to Fairfield for a couple years? I'm not sure what his career goals were but it would have been intresting to see what he would've built if he'd stayed at Withrow.

Gamble coaches WR's at Kent State.

Gamble did a great job at Withrow. Where is Gamble these days? Didn't he go to Fairfield for a couple years? I'm not sure what his career goals were but it would have been intresting to see what he would've built if he'd stayed at Withrow.

He felt he reached as high as he could go at Withrow. That's one of the reason's he left along with wanting to coach on the D1 level in college.

So is Cincinnati Woodwad still looking for a new Head Football Coach???

This is IUDOGS signing off.