A score from last week.

This type of score helps no one. No need to beat up on a team by 90+. Pack in a zone on defense, tell your team no fast breaks, require 5 passes before a shot.... To me it reflects worse on winning coach than the losing coach.

This type of score helps no one. No need to beat up on a team by 90+. Pack in a zone on defense, tell your team no fast breaks, require 5 passes before a shot.... To me it reflects worse on winning coach than the losing coach.
This mentality essentially expects them to quit trying. You are looking at the score and assuming none of the things you mentioned took place.

Earlier in the season, one particular school in our conference beat another certain school in our conference 92-2. The certain school committed 50 turnovers in that game. My school, who has only 7 wins itself, has beaten that same school twice this season by 50 and 51 points, respectively. In those two games combined, the school scored only 29 points and committed 66 total turnovers.

The fact of the matter is that some teams really are so bad that you can't do anything about it.

This mentality essentially expects them to quit trying. You are looking at the score and assuming none of the things you mentioned took place.

Earlier in the season, one particular school in our conference beat another certain school in our conference 92-2. The certain school committed 50 turnovers in that game. My school, who has only 7 wins itself, has beaten that same school twice this season by 50 and 51 points, respectively. In those two games combined, the school scored only 29 points and committed 66 total turnovers.

The fact of the matter is that some teams really are so bad that you can't do anything about it.
Follow up...The aforementioned team got beat 99-10 today.

So again, I ask...what are they supposed to do?

Follow up...The aforementioned team got beat 99-10 today.

So again, I ask...what are they supposed to do?
As long the winning team isn't pressing the whole game and isn't openly doing anything to rub it in I don't think there is anything else you can ask. When my dad coached, if they got a big lead he would always tell his player there were no more fast breaks and no more 3's.

Earlier this week Wayne coach Travis Trice SR. had a full court press on vs. Ssringfield with 2 minutes left in the second quarter. Wayne was ahead 50-6 at the time !! And won 88-17.