A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison

hubman

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

Researchers find racial disparities across court system

Harvard study finds institutional racism 'permeates' the Massachusetts justice system

A judge has a preconceived idea and asks a liberal university to prove him right. Are you really surprised this is their outcome?

Not saying they are wrong but it is far from a reliable neutral third party doing real academic research.

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

Harvard study finds institutional racism 'permeates' the Massachusetts justice system
Sounds like Massachusetts has a liberal problem.

Liberals have controlled Massachusetts politics for 60+ years.

Liberal Harvard came up with systematic racism...shocking ?

LOL drink more kool-aid.

This has been studied 8000 times. I grew up Black and poor, yet I didn't commit crimes. Amazingly I was never arrested.

This has been studied 8000 times. I grew up Black and poor, yet I didn't commit crimes. Amazingly I was never arrested.

You mean you never had your name drawn out of the justice system hat and then told to report to the state for your required incarceration?
Aren’t we told this is how the justice system works?

The most ironic part of all this defund the police and systemic racism of the justice system.
More black criminals will be set free and the community most hurt by this?
The Black Community.

Reactions: y2h
Without even reading the article, the biggest thing they ignored was was personal responsibility and life choices.
No. Their actions were taken into account. That is how they determined that black people got much longer prison terms for the exact same offenses as whites. They all made the same choices it’s just the system decided to punish some more than others based on race. Next time read and learn something.

So some how our court system is putting lots of innocent people in prison? Is that what we are supposed to believe. Our justice system is not in fact blind?

I
No. Their actions were taken into account. That is how they determined that black people got much longer prison terms for the exact same offenses as whites. They all made the same choices it’s just the system decided to punish some more than others based on race. Next time read and learn something.
If this were true, it would seem to be really, really obvious, and it would have been fixed long ago. I mean, blacks are not powerless, quite to the contrary.

What is missing is the defendants behavior and contrition in court and whether they were willing to turn over on fellow defendants. Looking at Court TV, for some reason, people, black or white; who disrupt court or show no remorse are likely to get longer sentences
All the study looked at was charges and sentences, not whether someone plead to a lesser charger to avoid a longer sentence.

LMAO Dear God. You want to know why more blacks are in prison? They commit more crimes. only 4 out of ten black families have a father "figure" in the house. Many receive poor education in inner democratic ran cities and score poorly on state testing compared to their white counterparts. Has nothing to do with racism....maybe race?

Without even reading the article, the biggest thing they ignored was was personal responsibility and life choices.
No.
Police routinely target black folks, plant evidence and make up offenses that they committed.

If the Po Po would just allow them to do whatever they want and do not arrest them then they would not have records.....

You would think the two term black president wouldve fixed it ?

It took Orange Hitler to get justice reform done...
And let's not forget the first black president had 2 terms as well. My guess is they were playing the long game. They needed 8 years of Obama, to fill the swamp, which would allow them to make sure Hillary got elected, THEN they would have had Hillary fix it.

What is missing is the defendants behavior and contrition in court and whether they were willing to turn over on fellow defendants. Looking at Court TV, for some reason, people, black or white; who disrupt court or show no remorse are likely to get longer sentences
All the study looked at was charges and sentences, not whether someone plead to a lesser charger to avoid a longer sentence.
I wonder if they took into account the effect of previous convictions on sentencing.

I am waiting for the study on Black/White infants born to single women, In 1970; 3% of white babies were born to single women as opposed to 24% to Blacks. In 1990, just 20 years later, it was 18% for whites and 64% for blacks. By 2015, the rate for Blacks was 71%; if we went with just statistics and not personal behavior, it should be the same

I always wanted to to be a wypipologist - I guess there's still time to do so. Not sure I can ever attain real negus status, though.

That system was put into place and ran by Democrats.

Something else that is missing is legal representation.

What percentage of defendants by race were represented by public defenders as opposed to personal paid representation?

Reactions: y2h
I

If this were true, it would seem to be really, really obvious, and it would have been fixed long ago. I mean, blacks are not powerless, quite to the contrary.
It is totally true and been proven 10 times over. Blacks get far more severe sentences for the exact same crimes. Are people willfully this ignorant?
This is not a new situation.

It is totally true and been proven 10 times over. Blacks get far more severe sentences for the exact same crimes. Are people willfully this ignorant?

Yet the Dems running all the big cities, the Dems who have controlled congress, been president, have yet to change it. Truly, truly amazing. I mean, the Dems in power, Dems who they themselves are black, were unable to change it, I really don't know what the answer is.

https://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2012/04/19/creators-oped-n1141269

Isn’t Massachusetts a heavily liberal state? Seems blacks are voting for the wrong people ??