A Home Run from both sides of the plate?

RedChief

From westfirebirds.com:

The Mason Comet baseball team has had enough of Lakota West for a while. They definately have seen enough of junior Jacob May.
May and the Firebirds demolished the Comets in a recent home and home series. Friday West went to Mason to face the GMC's second place team and pounded them 12-4. On Monday, it was much of the same as West only needed 5 innings to post an 11-1 win.
The switch hitting second baseman went 5-5 on Friday hitting two homeruns- one from each side of the plate- and 7 RBI's. Monday, he came back with two walks, a double, triple, and 5 more RBI's.
"He is in the zone right now," said West coach Bill Driesbach. "The ball looks big to him."
"I've been seeing a lot of fastballs lately," May said. "(Bryan) Beaver is hitting really well behind me and I'm getting pitches to hit. Ricky Finley gets on base all the time setting me up to knock him in."
Beaver, a 2nd Team All State player a year ago, is also on a tear hitting .431 with 3 homeruns and a GMC co-leading 30 RBI's. Finley is hitting .441 with 36 runs.
For the season, May is hitting .450 and is tied with Beaver's 30 RBI total. His hot bat is one reason the Firebirds have ripped off 6 straight wins and currently stand at 12-5 (8-4 GMC).
"Jacob works so hard," Dreisbach added. "He works at a batting cage in the off season. He is a gym rat. I think it's just in his blood lines."
May's grandfather is former major leaguer Lee May, also known as "The Big Bopper." Lee played in the big leagues for 17 years, six of which with the Cincinnati Reds. Jacob's father, Lee May Jr. spent 8 seasons in the minor leagues and is currently the hitting coach for the Akron Aeros, the Double A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.