A few things I would like to see

pro·gres·sive
/prəˈɡresiv/
happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step.
favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.

This is a no win of the situation. None of your suggestions are necessarily progressive. They are different but that doesn't mean progress. Another person might think them regressive.

State an end goal, then maybe the word makes sense but what is progress for one is not for others. OHSAA represents members. Members compromise. Progress towards?
People who would put the welfare of scholar athletes and the general public ahead of the good old boys mentality of today.
In what ways do you feel the welfare of the students and the public are not being served? What mentality is preventing that?

I don't think they will ever cut the halftime down because that is the time for the bands. I can't see a time where they would do that except at those few schools that don't have a band.

I don't believe the OHSAA requires a 20-minute halftime during the regular season. I think schools/conferences get to decide.

20 minutes (plus the mandatory 3-minute warm-up) is the maximum allowable length per NFHS rules. Minimum length is 10 minutes plus the 3.

1. Mandatory scheduling within your district. It's a joke that you are 'competing' with teams in your region for a playoff spot but don't have to actually play any of them. Can the Steelers win their division without playing the Ravens, Browns or Bengals? No. You should have a minimum number of games in your region.

2. Blow up the conferences. They have no use at all and most of them are in constant flux anyways. Get rid of them.

3. Increase the 7 man game amongst the smallest schools. Build it and make that the 7th division. Make divisions 1-6 only for 11 man.

4. Make Competitive Balance actually have to do with success on the field instead of where you live.

5. For God's sake make Joe Eitel's standings official and have the OHSAA recognize him. The guy should be in some sort of OHSAA football Hall of Fame at this point.

1. Mandatory scheduling within your district. It's a joke that you are 'competing' with teams in your region for a playoff spot but don't have to actually play any of them. Can the Steelers win their division without playing the Ravens, Browns or Bengals? No. You should have a minimum number of games in your region.

2. Blow up the conferences. They have no use at all and most of them are in constant flux anyways. Get rid of them.

3. Increase the 7 man game amongst the smallest schools. Build it and make that the 7th division. Make divisions 1-6 only for 11 man.

4. Make Competitive Balance actually have to do with success on the field instead of where you live.

5. For God's sake make Joe Eitel's standings official and have the OHSAA recognize him. The guy should be in some sort of OHSAA football Hall of Fame at this point.

Joe eitel is actually the official HARBIN provider of the OHSAA. He does all that work for them, has for about three years now.

If a player is injured he should be out for 5 plays.
1. If you're truly worried about safety it should be longer than 1play. If the injury was so bad they need to stop play, they shouldn't be back so quickly
2. It will slow down fake injuries if someone has to sit out five plays
Absolutely love this idea. I used to coach my players that there's a huge difference between injured and hurt. You play hurt and you WILL get hurt in football. Injuries are where you cannot play. This was/is one of my biggest pet peeves. If we stop play and the trainer and I come out to you, there'd better be a broken bone or other very bad injury. If you are able to get off the field under your own power, do so and yell/signal that you need a sub. This also became a great source of pride for my players too.

I don't agree with eliminating conferences and making teams play those in their region instead. The use for conferences is for teams to play opponents close to them and build local rivalries. There are great local rivalries where the schools might happen to be in different divisions some years. For example, in Stark County, Jackson and Hoover are in different divisions currently, so are GlenOak and Perry. The team I support, Uniontown Green, is always at the edge of their region geographically. If mandantory scheduling by region went into effect, Green would be forced to play teams like Avon or Westlake, who are an hour away and force us to drop local games with Hoover and Lake. Schools choose their conferences, not their regions. Travel would be terrible for schools like Green who are geographic outliers in their regions.

6 Public school divisions
2 Private school divisions
Only problem with this is that many assume it's anti-Catholic. How about this slight amendment?

4 closed-enrollment divisions
3 open-enrollment divisions (that means Massillon and Glenville play the Saints and Archbishops)

Only problem with this is that many assume it's anti-Catholic. How about this slight amendment?

3 open-enrollment divisions (that means Massillon and Glenville play the Saints and Archbishops)

More than 75% of Ohio public districts have open enrollment. Do ya really want four divisions for - what? - 150 schools?

Regards Finals location: I don't believe centralizing everything into an urban area is good for the state nor does it represent the state. Canton-Massillon has a good historical reason for being the location but I'd like them to show they're not taking that for granted. I'd like OHSAA to encourage that region to turn it into a weekend festival AND show they are interested enough to attend the games. All divisions should be full. I don't think weather should be an issue, states can have Winter Festivals, people show up. Discount Hotel packages, tickets, parking.... what ever it takes to fill the place. The games themselves could be loss-leader but it's unlikely it would come to that.

Use it or lose it.

Good for their economy, good for traditions, good for Ohio.

I don't agree with eliminating conferences and making teams play those in their region instead. The use for conferences is for teams to play opponents close to them and build local rivalries. There are great local rivalries where the schools might happen to be in different divisions some years. For example, in Stark County, Jackson and Hoover are in different divisions currently, so are GlenOak and Perry. The team I support, Uniontown Green, is always at the edge of their region geographically. If mandantory scheduling by region went into effect, Green would be forced to play teams like Avon or Westlake, who are an hour away and force us to drop local games with Hoover and Lake. Schools choose their conferences, not their regions. Travel would be terrible for schools like Green who are geographic outliers in their regions.

Ok.... so competing for a playoff spot with teams you never play makes sense?

Nah.

clearly a person that has no idea what schools are and are not open enrollment

Regards Finals location: I don't believe centralizing everything into an urban area is good for the state nor does it represent the state. Canton-Massillon has a good historical reason for being the location but I'd like them to show they're not taking that for granted. I'd like OHSAA to encourage that region to turn it into a weekend festival AND show they are interested enough to attend the games. All divisions should be full. I don't think weather should be an issue, states can have Winter Festivals, people show up. Discount Hotel packages, tickets, parking.... what ever it takes to fill the place. The games themselves could be loss-leader but it's unlikely it would come to that.

Use it or lose it.

Good for their economy, good for traditions, good for Ohio.

I have traveled to Canton twice to watch Colerain in the finals-2004 and last year. I personally like the travel to the Canton area as I normally would not have a reason to go there usually. The HOF and that area in general is not just a big piece of Ohio football history, but the game as a whole. Has to be neat for the players to be near something that celebrates the heroes they grew up cheering for that are enshrined.

Last year I had planned to make a weekend out of it with a Wyoming buddy and stay for their game, hit up the HOF etc. before my niece's birthday party popped up on the Saturday. I would guess the HOF gets a lot of visitors/traffic the three days of the games?

I also think that while there are venues the OHSAA would probably love to use for championships, those facilities may not be interested/available.

The finals overall seem fairly well spread out around the state mostly at collegiate and professional venues, with the majority around Greater Columbus. The rest are pretty well split between NE Ohio (football, swimming/diving, baseball, softball) and SW Ohio (volleyball and tennis).

Could be worse-field hockey and gymnastics are held at high schools.