A contrast of styles: D7 R25 #2 Lucas vs #6 St. Thomas Aquinas

dnis30

WE ARE LUCAS.
A ground and pound, control the clock running team vs a upstart group who likes to air it out. Who you got?

A ground and pound, control the clock running team vs a upstart group who likes to air it out. Who you got?

I like STA in this one if the weather is good. Lucas struggled with a McDonald team that had a down year for their standards. I’m not sure if Lucas has the athletes to keep up with STA in good conditions. But if the weather is bad Lucas will have a huge advantage because of the style of football they play. Good weather = STA win, Bad weather = Lucas win.

I like STA in this one if the weather is good. Lucas struggled with a McDonald team that had a down year for their standards. I’m not sure if Lucas has the athletes to keep up with STA in good conditions. But if the weather is bad Lucas will have a huge advantage because of the style of football they play. Good weather = STA win, Bad weather = Lucas win.
Fair assessment.

The Cubs shot themselves in the foot over and over again vs McDonald. 100 yards in penalties and 4 fumbles (none lost). The red zone was really tough on them as Lucas turned the ball over on downs continually. I've been hearing that STA has 4/5 McKinley kids who transferred over. If that is the case, they probably are going to try and get them in space. Lucas has speed on D, but do they have enough? We shall soon see. I can tell you this, if STA cannot stop our run game, Lucas will win this game. The way the Cubs grind it out, 4 yards, 3 yards, 6 yards, 5 yards, 10 yards, 3 yards, etc, takes the will from the opponent.

I think this is going to be a classic.

4-5 McKinley kids in football?

Attempting to add 3 girls basketball players from Glenoak as well.

Seems STA is up to their old tricks.

4-5 McKinley kids in football?

Attempting to add 3 girls basketball players from Glenoak as well.

Seems STA is up to their old tricks.

Maybe Hoover should follow their swim teams' example since that is really the only sport Hoover has had any consistent success in for a while. Almost all of Hoover's top swimmers have lived outside of the district the last few years at least (Jackson, Lake, Plain, Canton, Louisville, Alliance, I think even Massillon). It's too bad no one cares about swimming. Just having some fun with you y2h. ;)

Last edited:
As to the football game which is the subject of this thread. I think Lucas is the decided favorite. They are a very good team and Aquinas will have to play well and limit mistakes to have a chance.

How many players did lucas return from last year.
We lost 8 seniors including Jeb Grover who ran for 2,525 yards (6,332 career - #20 all-time) and 35 TDs (104 career - #8 all-time).

7 starters on offense, 7 on D too I believe.

Last edited: