8th Division Coming ????

The easy solution is make D-VII 8 man and give the teams the option to go up to D-VI and play 11 man if they really want to with the caveat of having at least 15 men or something like that when the season starts.

The easy solution is make D-VII 8 man and give the teams the option to go up to D-VI and play 11 man if they really want to with the caveat of having at least 15 men or something like that when the season starts.
That's essentially what Wyoming did with 9-man. Wyoming was just strictly 11-man until 2009. They added six-man since several schools were actually playing for Montana's state title since they offered 6-man. But it wasn't really teams moving down from 11 to 6.

This year, though, Wyoming added 9-man and converted Class 1A from 11 to 9-man. And teams wanting to stay playing 11-man were given the option to play up to 2A. Only a couple took up the offer. The rest had mostly wanted to switch to nine-man.

That's a good option to have. But I think the smaller Ohio schools wouldn't go along with it if they felt they were being 'forced' to switch to 8-man or play up a division. Instead, split D7 into two. 8-man by default unless you want to play 11-man. After the first cycle, see where the numbers are and realign the 7 11-man divisions evenly and anyone under a certain qualifying number would play 8-man unless opting up.

The reason I suggested what I did is I don't see any need for any additional divisions. And in your circumstance you describe probably very few teams would switch to 8 man.

That's essentially what Wyoming did with 9-man. Wyoming was just strictly 11-man until 2009. They added six-man since several schools were actually playing for Montana's state title since they offered 6-man. But it wasn't really teams moving down from 11 to 6.

This year, though, Wyoming added 9-man and converted Class 1A from 11 to 9-man. And teams wanting to stay playing 11-man were given the option to play up to 2A. Only a couple took up the offer. The rest had mostly wanted to switch to nine-man.

That's a good option to have. But I think the smaller Ohio schools wouldn't go along with it if they felt they were being 'forced' to switch to 8-man or play up a division. Instead, split D7 into two. 8-man by default unless you want to play 11-man. After the first cycle, see where the numbers are and realign the 7 11-man divisions evenly and anyone under a certain qualifying number would play 8-man unless opting up.

wow thats a lot of mans. but everybody gets a trophy and a title and all titles are worth the same, so

that analysis made my head spin on all the different options to give a tadpole school a shot at a title.

but its worth it.

Here is a link to the OHSAA page about the early football championships.

Yes Nixon did give Texas a National champs plaque after the game against Arkansas and before they played ND in the cotton bowl but not many will argue that Texas wasnt clearly better then Penn St.

What you said about the Massillon v mck game is exactly why so many people hate Massillon. It’s a football program that has been great for well over a century and is very well known throughout the country and some people are jealous of those facts, especially fans of schools in Stark co who only wish they had an 1/8 of what Massillon does. At any rate you need to absolutely go to a
Massillon v mck game, wait until 2024 when the game is at PBTS, the atmosphere is a 100 times better.
Thanks for the link. Again, I am outside looking in and I support the Tiger nation titles. I am sure that will open me up to redicule but hey, haters cant stop me from breathing. I'm an old timer but I think I can live till 2024 to take that rivalry in and I would love to sit the first half in Tiger world and the second half in Bulldog world, just to soak it all in.

wow thats a lot of mans. but everybody gets a trophy and a title and all titles are worth the same, so

that analysis made my head spin on all the different options to give a tadpole school a shot at a title.

but its worth it.
So in your opinion, FCS, D2, D3 titles don't mean anything because they are "tadpole" divisions?

So in your opinion, FCS, D2, D3 titles don't mean anything because they are "tadpole" divisions?
Dude, there is no opinion that matters other than his. Bang your head on a wall, run a cheese grater over your knee caps or put your hand in the garbage disposal and all of that would be less painful than debating with someone that feels the border is secure, the economy is great, guns are violence but knives and people aren't, the world will end in 12 years do to climate change, probably a Paul Ehrlich disciple of the pending apocalypse and HS sports are useless person. There comes a time when you are hung up and just need to cut the line...this is one of those times.

My advice, press on with your sound reasoning of OH football and ditch this b***ch

@Head Linesman your content always makes me think. But I’m going to be honest, sometimes I’m way too simple to understand where your abstract thoughts are going. I’m too dumb. Sports unify society like nothing else. They are the largest tribal cultural pockets left in society. They unite people
Chasing championships means a lot to people.

Your take that they don’t matter is unbearable and parlaying them with your philosophical BS is just nothing more than Skip Baylee’s Stephen A click bait.

@Head Linesman your content always makes me think. But I’m going to be honest, sometimes I’m way too simple to understand where your abstract thoughts are going. I’m too dumb. Sports unify society like nothing else. They are the largest tribal cultural pockets left in society. They unite people
Chasing championships means a lot to people.

Your take that they don’t matter is unbearable and parlaying them with your philosophical BS is just nothing more than Skip Baylee’s Stephen A click bait.

an ohsaa "title" is just a bright shiny thing worth nothing in the real world.

do you understand? it brings no actual real benefit to the school district that "wins" it. there is no cash prize associated with it.

that isn't hard to grasp is it? its worth no more than the little trophies handed out to kids that win little league "titles"

oh, look I got a trophy for winning the little league championship in east bumf*ck, ohio, a town of 5000 people.

and that title is just as valuable as an OHSAA Div I football "title"

costume jewelry worth nothing. pretty, but not real jewelry, not real gold, just costume jewelry made in china.

every title ever handed out worth the same thing. paper title, won on the field in a tournament, all the same thing.

they are ALL paper titles in other words.

do you understand? it brings no actual real benefit to the school district that "wins" it. there is no cash prize associated with it.

that isn't hard to grasp is it? its worth no more than the little trophies handed out to kids that win little league "titles"

oh, look I got a trophy for winning the little league championship in east bumf*ck, ohio, a town of 5000 people.

costume jewelry worth nothing. pretty, but not real jewelry, not real gold, just costume jewelry made in china.

every title ever handed out worth the same thing. paper title, won on the field in a tournament, all the same thing.

The prize is mental. We all understand the physical object itself is merely symbolic and could be hocked at a pawn shop for $20 like a "stupid" wedding ring.

Have you ever considered maybe you're on the autism spectrum and don't process the joy of athletic competition, physical challenge, accomplishment, pride, winning, etc?

Last edited:
The prize is mental. We all understand the physical object itself is merely symbolic and could be hocked at a pawn shop for $20 like a "stupid" wedding ring.

Have you ever considered perhaps you could on the autism spectrum and can't process feelings of athletic competition, physical challenge, accomplishment, pride etc?

NewFragrantHorsefly-max-1mb.gif

Dude, there is no opinion that matters other than his. Bang your head on a wall, run a cheese grater over your knee caps or put your hand in the garbage disposal and all of that would be less painful than debating with someone that feels the border is secure, the economy is great, guns are violence but knives and people aren't, the world will end in 12 years do to climate change, probably a Paul Ehrlich disciple of the pending apocalypse and HS sports are useless person. There comes a time when you are hung up and just need to cut the line...this is one of those times.

My advice, press on with your sound reasoning of OH football and ditch this b***ch
I know. I like to argue stuff when I'm bored but this guy..... Definitely something off there, for sure.

Got it. Correct, the trophies themselves are not worth money.

however, they drive levies. Don’t kid yourself. They are worth a lot bud. Nice try tho.

I know. I like to argue stuff when I'm bored but this guy..... Definitely something off there, for sure.
I think I would rather divorce my second ex wife again than argue with this guy.

I wonder how he feels about of the ribbons and medals awarded to the military for their accomplishments? They really dont mean anything and when presented on the chest, they are really just a trophy case of accomplishments that nobody really cares about. A private can get the same medal a general can but somehow, it would all be the same. 🤔

"the more I know about people, the more I like my dog"

Oh what the hell, let's accommodate everyone. 8 divisions divided into private, public closed enrollment and public open enrollment. 24 sets of trophies!

$500 to the poster that first posts a snapshot of their high school helmet immediately following an enter sandman post aka

“Go back 3 divisions. A, AA, AAA.”

or

“Four divisions was good.”

Nothing proves how tough you are compared to an enter sandman post.

Have you ever considered maybe you're on the autism spectrum and don't process the joy of athletic competition, physical challenge, accomplishment, pride, winning, etc?

a mental prize. interesting.

can you get any cash for a mental prize? there's a huge cash investment involved here since every podunk high school in the state needs it's own stadium to try to win the mental prize.

Not a terrible idea, Massillon would have a fighting chance for their first ever legit state championship…..Of course they might have to drop down do division 3 to accomplish this…
your team trying to schedule Massillon next year so you can get Sun Valley Pa'ed and humiliated?

and your kids sent home crying in the dark?

Can we get a topic somewhere whre Massillon is not mentioned so that we don't get the anti-Massillon crazies and the pro-Massillon crazies taking it over?

Why for the 10-15 teams that play 8 man. And no adding a state championship for it isn't going to make dozens of teams drop from 11 to 8. Fans, parents, players and school administrators don't want to see their school play 8 man football. It is only the last resort for these schools when they can no longer field an 11 man team and if they get their roster built back up they will move back up to 11 man.
Then their anger would be misdirected. Get kids to come out. Some of these teams should have been down to 8-man long ago.

Can we get a topic somewhere whre Massillon is not mentioned so that we don't get the anti-Massillon crazies and the pro-Massillon crazies taking it over?

No you cannot, not on an Ohio High School Football thread, because as everybody knows, Massillon is the definition of Ohio High School Football, and the definition of Ohio High School football is and forever will be, Massillon

Go back to 4 or 6 divisions. State finals would be easy. No Thursday game needed. Also not watered down like it is now. 7 divisions is TOO many!