16. Boston (From Dallas)
17. Memphis
18. Detroit
19. Denver (From Portland)
20. Indiana
21. Atlanta
22. Charlotte
23. Boston
24. Philadelphia (From Miami via Cleveland)
25. Los Angeles Clippers
26. Philadelphia (From Oklahoma City via Denver and Cleveland)
27. Toronto
28. Phoenix (From Cleveland via Boston)
29. San Antonio
30. Golden State

2016 Second-Round Order

31. Boston (From Philadelphia via Miami)
32. Los Angeles Lakers
33. Los Angeles Clippers (From Brooklyn)
34. Phoenix
35. Boston (From Minnesota via Phoenix)
36. Milwaukee (From New Orleans via Sacramento)
37. Houston (From New York via Sacramento and Portland)
38. Milwaukee
39. New Orleans (From Denver via Philadelphia)
40. New Orleans (From Sacramento)
41. Orlando
42. Utah
43. Houston
44. Atlanta (From Washington)
45. Boston (From Memphis via Dallas)
46. Dallas
47. Orlando (From Chicago)
48. Chicago (From Portland via Cleveland)
49. Detroit
50. Indiana
51. Boston (From Miami)
52. Utah (From Boston via Memphis)
53. Denver (From Charlotte via Oklahoma City)
54. Atlanta
55. Brooklyn (From Los Angeles Clippers)
56. Denver (From Oklahoma City)
57. Memphis (From Toronto)
58. Boston (From Cleveland)
59. Sacramento (From San Antonio)
60. Utah (From Golden State)

Was really hoping the Lakers would have to send their pick to Philly.

I suspect the Celtics will try to trade most of their picks but #3.

Hopefully Philly takes Ingram so the Lakers can land Simmons. I heard they really like Kris Dunn and are intrigued by running a 3 guard lineup, but Russell is clearly at his best with the ball in his hands so I'm not a fan of the idea

Philly's probably gonna take Simmons. They have a glut of bigs without any good guards and Simmons can at least play point forward and handle the ball. I think it mostly depends on what they think of Embiid's health. I think Embiid at the 5 and Nerlens at the 4 is the best option out of their current 3 young bigs.

As an occasional follower of the NBA, how are the 76ers not at the very least somewhat competitive yet? How long does the strategy of tanking to get a high pick take until it works? Seems like they've been at it forever.

As an occasional follower of the NBA, how are the 76ers not at the very least somewhat competitive yet? How long does the strategy of tanking to get a high pick take until it works? Seems like they've been at it forever.

I was thinking the same thing-- how are they not amazing already?

They've had a lot of injuries, and one of their high picks (Dario Saric) has played in Europe the last two years. He is supposed to finally play for the 76ers next year. From his draft class they also took Joel Embiid, who has yet to play due to injuries. In the 2013 draft they ended up with Nerlens Noel, who missed his entire rookie season.

Jahlil Okafor was pretty good this year, but he also missed roughly 30 games due to injuries. Regardless of if they pick Simmons or Ingram, they should be a lot better next year if they can just stay relatively healthy.

It's funny how they tried tanking so hard the last few years and still didn't end up with the guy who looks like he'll be by far the best player of any of those draft classes in KAT

They also don't attempt to sign a single NBA-caliber player. Outside of guys they've drafted the last 3 years, they have no real NBA talent on the team. The few guys that do have talent are beyond washed up.

Philly's probably gonna take Simmons. They have a glut of bigs without any good guards and Simmons can at least play point forward and handle the ball. I think it mostly depends on what they think of Embiid's health. I think Embiid at the 5 and Nerlens at the 4 is the best option out of their current 3 young bigs.

Simmons gives them another guy like Noel who doesn't want to shoot outside of 10 feet though. Ingram would at least give them a guy who can stretch the floor and possibly grow into a small ball 4. They don't have anyone worth a damn who can score from the perimeter

They've had a lot of injuries, and one of their high picks (Dario Saric) has played in Europe the last two years. He is supposed to finally play for the 76ers next year. From his draft class they also took Joel Embiid, who has yet to play due to injuries. In the 2013 draft they ended up with Nerlens Noel, who missed his entire rookie season.

Jahlil Okafor was pretty good this year, but he also missed roughly 30 games due to injuries. Regardless of if they pick Simmons or Ingram, they should be a lot better next year if they can just stay relatively healthy.

And I've also heard Saric has regressed the last two years overseas. I don't think people are as high on him as they were when he was drafted

1) They've gotten unlucky in the lottery
2) Embiid hasn't played
3) Picked a foreign guy who hasn't played
4) 2013 NBA Draft was the worst ever (they picked Noel)
5) Traded Michael Carter-Williams

Essentially the only draft picks that have been playing are Noel and Okafor, and that hasn't even happened for a full season

Simmons gives them another guy like Noel who doesn't want to shoot outside of 10 feet though. Ingram would at least give them a guy who can stretch the floor and possibly grow into a small ball 4. They don't have anyone worth a damn who can score from the perimeter

I take Ingram if I'm Philly.

Minnesota has had the luck that Philly was hoping for. Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield would be a perfect addition for them at 5

And I've also heard Saric has regressed the last two years overseas. I don't think people are as high on him as they were when he was drafted

I have read the opposite. His shooting percentages across the board have been improving year over year overseas. He shot 50/40/94 this season in Turkey.

I take Ingram if I'm Philly.

Minnesota has had the luck that Philly was hoping for. Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield would be a perfect addition for them at 5

Minnesota is going to be filthy in a couple years. Both of those guys would be great fits on that team.

Embiid, from everything I read, can stretch the floor. But you're right. between your 3-5, ideally your 3 and 4 can stretch the floor not your 5. Still think they take Simmons. I know Hinkle isn't there anymore but if you're in Philly's position you take best available talent and worry about fit later.

Embiid, from everything I read, can stretch the floor. But you're right. between your 3-5, ideally your 3 and 4 can stretch the floor not your 5. Still think they take Simmons. I know Hinkle isn't there anymore but if you're in Philly's position you take best available talent and worry about fit later.

Really?

Milwaukee looks like they are assembling a team that can compete soon too. Or maybe I'm wrong....:shrug:

They are. They have a few more things to figure out (what to do with Monroe). But holy crap Giannis running the point forward worked insanely well for them last year. I like what Kidd is doing there.

I have read the opposite. His shooting percentages across the board have been improving year over year overseas. He shot 50/40/94 this season in Turkey.

Interesting. I was listening to a podcast with someone who knows their stuff (Zach Lowe or somebody, can't remember) and I distinctly remember them discussing the Sixers situation and bringing up Saric and acting like they were nowhere near as convinced he was gonna be a really good NBA player as they were 2 years ago

I still think Jabari Parker will end up being a really solid player. He's been pretty much forgotten

He really didn't start getting back into the swing of things until midway through the season. They have an intriguing roster. I think they need to move on from Monroe though. Have Giannis run point forward, Jabari, two shooters and say a Hasan Whiteside.