700 WLW

I listened to Mike for years when he did the 9:00 - 12:00 show. He was very good at talking about all kinds of subject with a level head. I tried listening to Mike when he came back but I stopped because he seemed to be just redoing Good 'Ol Jim Scott's morning show. Way too much scheduled "national" stuff.

I listened to Mike for years when he did the 9:00 - 12:00 show. He was very good at talking about all kinds of subject with a level head. I tried listening to Mike when he came back but I stopped because he seemed to be just redoing Good 'Ol Jim Scott's morning show. Way too much scheduled "national" stuff.
Your 100% correct. Now at least he has a semi regular show from 8-9 with guests and some timely topics. The morning show, unless you live in Cincinnati and care about the weather and traffic, is just a waste of time. Too many breaks and news.

I rarely listen to Cunningham anymore. It's ok in small doses and the stooge report is normally pretty good. But way too political.

I'd like to see Cunningham retire next, and Sloan move to the afternoon with McConnell back in the 9-12 slot. Really don't need a big time personality in that morning slot, it's all canned stuff and news anyway.

I think he plans to retire this August when he hits 40 years at the station.
How many days will he actually be on air between now and then? His subs stink for long term fill ins. I dont mind a day or two of them, but the last three weeks I have started just working in silence rather than listening to guys who I already know what they are going to say before they say it.

"......todays high is 36, but as I like to say , whatever high you want, go right on out and get it...." hearing that 10 times was too many, but I bet he has said that each of the 78 times he has subbed this past year.

I rarely listen to Cunningham anymore. It's ok in small doses and the stooge report is normally pretty good. But way too political.

I'd like to see Cunningham retire next, and Sloan move to the afternoon with McConnell back in the 9-12 slot. Really don't need a big time personality in that morning slot, it's all canned stuff and news anyway.
he has always been political....

he has always been political....
Yes he has, but he can normally mix in some entertainment and less politics. I wonder if he'll have a rousing Reds opening day speech like he normally does? It would be really hard to proclaim this team as a contender this season. Maybe in the coming years, but not now.

Good, it's time for Willie to step back. I wonder if he'd be better as a sub?
One hundred percent. He also is so much better during times of crises, when he is actually trying to help us figure out what is going on. But soon as things even out with an issue, Willie has to keep going to the extreme and ramping the base back into a frenzy.

If he had a few weeks to actually put together enough relevant information to share with his audience, he would be greatly improved.

How many days will he actually be on air between now and then?
That's a good question. He's been on a little bit of autopilot for a few years ever since he started recycling interviews from his Sunday night show into the weekday shows. You can also tell there are days where Willie has an early tee time at Kenwood Country Club because after the 2:30 news it's the Stooge Report, a long commercial block and then some filler to the top of the hour.

So today, Mike brought up two good stories that nationally get no run because they are liberal in nature. The first is that Britan is supposedly trying to get rid of the word "mummy" when talking about those remains in museums, because it could be derogative to females. "Mummified remains" is a better option. :rolleyes:
Second, the state of Wyoming is pushing a bill that would BAN the sale of electric cars - yes ELECTRIC cars. If you recall, California already has banned the sale of GAS powered vehicles after 2035. In a closer look, it really does make sense for Wyoming to not go electric because of the cost and infrastructure that electric power stations would bring. Until electric cars can sustain a charge for say 10-12 hours of drive time, there really is no need to push this electric movement.

Sad to hear about Bubba Bo.

Sheriff McGuffey wasn’t really happy today with Dan Hils while she spoke with Willie. She pretty much said Mr. Hils was lying about the Jail and disparaging the Jail’s Employees and Leadership Staff. This could get really interesting since Mr. Hils is Retired from CPD but will be involved in representing/negotiating next Contract with/for Corrections Officers at the Jail.

So Mike McConnell chimed in today about the Memphis police beating and is perplexed as well. He wonders if this was a case of mistaken identity? The cops thought this was a different person.

So today, newsman Brian Combs was commenting on the City's new "ban on guns" for certain citizens. Mike chimes in with this is so they can say they did "something" although this is going to do next to nothing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And he's right, guy rights people, all they want to do is ban guns from good people. Criminals don't follow laws people.

i listen to wlw throughout the day, one thing that gets me upset , is the LIBERAL coverage of the news cast....the lady that does the short 5 minute newscasts, think her name is Sandy .... seems to throw her liberal viewpoint into the news...... your thoughts?

i listen to wlw throughout the day, one thing that gets me upset , is the LIBERAL coverage of the news cast....the lady that does the short 5 minute newscasts, think her name is Sandy .... seems to throw her liberal viewpoint into the news...... your thoughts?
As much as we want to give these folks credit or shade, I think they are just reading what ABC provides. Sandy Collins, Sara Elyse, Bryan Combs, formerly Geoff Henderson....and it's not so much what they say, but what they leave out that irks me. For instance, today a report that the Cincinnati Complaint Authority, CCA, a police sub committee is upset because of the rules and regs that came out from the riots a few years ago with George Floyd and that fiasco. The curfew appears to be "racially" motivated because many in black neighbors have been affected and enforced.
Well.....where is the trouble at? It's not racial. Just go back over the history of police calls and see where the calls are coming from. If it's a predominantly white neighborhood, so be it, if it's predominantly black, so be it. This has nothing to do with race!!! Stop creating racial issues. This isn't the 1950's anymore.
The best is in the morning when McConnell is on with Combs as he's doing the news and Mike will sometimes question Combs on some of the info.

As much as we want to give these folks credit or shade, I think they are just reading what ABC provides. Sandy Collins, Sara Elyse, Bryan Combs, formerly Geoff Henderson....and it's not so much what they say, but what they leave out that irks me. For instance, today a report that the Cincinnati Complaint Authority, CCA, a police sub committee is upset because of the rules and regs that came out from the riots a few years ago with George Floyd and that fiasco. The curfew appears to be "racially" motivated because many in black neighbors have been affected and enforced.
Well.....where is the trouble at? It's not racial. Just go back over the history of police calls and see where the calls are coming from. If it's a predominantly white neighborhood, so be it, if it's predominantly black, so be it. This has nothing to do with race!!! Stop creating racial issues. This isn't the 1950's anymore.
The best is in the morning when McConnell is on with Combs as he's doing the news and Mike will sometimes question Combs on some of the info.
Sandy Collins throws in her own views very much so.....talking about the poll of Biden that came out, which of course is low, she stated the numbers and then says." of course this poll was done BEFORE the JOBS report that just came out" she would NEVER say anything like that to supoort the conservatives... NEVER

Sandy Collins throws in her own views very much so.....talking about the poll of Biden that came out, which of course is low, she stated the numbers and then says." of course this poll was done BEFORE the JOBS report that just came out" she would NEVER say anything like that to supoort the conservatives... NEVER
And let's face it, a liberal journalist is hardly a new thing. I mean we've made a consistent trek with the media being liberal my entire 50 years of life. And ABC is the top of the liberal news media. The really odd thing for me is AM talk radio is largely a conservative audience, so I'd think liberal newscasts would not go over real well. I know I rarely listen to the top and bottom of the hours because it's just not appealing to me. There was a time that even liberals had to listen to AM radio because there was few options. But honestly and you can see this daily, there are many people who have no idea what's going on int he world around them, or event their city. They listen to music and podcasts and never get any infortmation other than word of mouth. It's scary but many of our voters are like this.

What do you think of the weekly segments with ABC's Brad Garrett? He and Mike banter back and forth some, it surprises me sometimes that Garrett seems to be caught off guard with some of Mike's pretty simple questions.

What do you think of the weekly segments with ABC's Brad Garrett? He and Mike banter back and forth some, it surprises me sometimes that Garrett seems to be caught off guard with some of Mike's pretty simple questions.
don't much listen to wlw in the morning, or just briefly sometimes

when does he usually talk to him?

don't much listen to wlw in the morning, or just briefly sometimes
If you do podcasting at all, go onto IHeart and get Mike's podcasts, it's actually pretty good because it's only the 8-9 hour, no commercials so you can listen to 35 minutes of content in 35 minutes!

Facinating narrative Mike brought up the other day on his show regarding education and specifically in Baltimore Maryland. 23 schools did not have one student who was proficient in math for their age group. 7% of students in the entire city of Baltimore is proficient in math. A few years back, a kid had a student with a GPA of 0.13 and yet he placed in the top HALF of students in his grade???
And what do we hear about, diversity, ethnicity and inclusion - DEI.
This has NOTHING to do with inclusion. No one from the students, teachers or administrators are held accountable. My guess is the teachers in Baltimore are paid very well, like most places. Probably more because of hazard pay.

Facinating narrative Mike brought up the other day on his show regarding education and specifically in Baltimore Maryland. 23 schools did not have one student who was proficient in math for their age group. 7% of students in the entire city of Baltimore is proficient in math. A few years back, a kid had a student with a GPA of 0.13 and yet he placed in the top HALF of students in his grade???
This has NOTHING to do with inclusion. No one from the students, teachers or administrators are held accountable. My guess is the teachers in Baltimore are paid very well, like most places. Probably more because of hazard pay.
I'd add the parents to that list of "who's accountable." I'm sorry but no matter what you're dealing with in life, you as a parent, should be able to check to make sure your kid can read, write and do math. If they can't, then ask the people in bold above questions.

yes they spend around $32,000 a year on each student..... one of the MOST expensive school districts in America