700 WLW

D4fan

I would guess that political candidates hire marketing companies, has advisors, etc. Heard a radio ad today driving in for Mike DeWine, done by his wife Frances.

Now I don't profess to know everything, but I think it's a bad idea when the spouse of a candidate does ads for the candidate? Is it just me or does this not seem like a good idea. I can say it doesn't happen often so maybe that's why it caught my attention. And I can NEVER remember a female politician having her spouse do an ad.
Bill Clinton did an add for Hillary back in 2016. In general though, I think the women want to appear tough enough to stand independent and without need of a stronger man to help them.

14Red

Bill Clinton did an add for Hillary back in 2016. In general though, I think the women want to appear tough enough to stand independent and without need of a stronger man to help them.
I think Hillary was going after every angle to get any vote she could. I firmly believe that for many, the voted AGAINST her and not FOR Trump.

14Red

So for some reason in Cincinnati, and it may go on elsewhere but I don't listen to regular AM radio of other places, there's an epidemic of pedestrians being run over by automobiles, and in many of these cases, the driver takes off!!!

What human being could hit someone with a car ( or a kid in many instances) and not stay at the scene?? It's an accident and in most cases it's not intentional. What has happened to just being good people.

D4fan

So for some reason in Cincinnati, and it may go on elsewhere but I don't listen to regular AM radio of other places, there's an epidemic of pedestrians being run over by automobiles, and in many of these cases, the driver takes off!!!

What human being could hit someone with a car ( or a kid in many instances) and not stay at the scene?? It's an accident and in most cases it's not intentional. What has happened to just being good people.
If they put their phone down long enough to see what they hit perhaps they would stop?

The phone is the scourge of driving.

14Red

If they put their phone down long enough to see what they hit perhaps they would stop?

The phone is the scourge of driving.
Even with that said, what makes someone flee the scene? So the new Mayor of Cincy is taking this opportunity to spend tax dollars needlessly IMO on ways to control speed in the city. This is the most political thing ever because it gives the appearance that you're doing something. Instead, for a week or two, flood the area with cops and give out tickets to anyone speeding....ANYONE. After a few weeks of that, you'll be amazed how traffic slows down.

playboi12

Odd question: Where is the furthest you’ve ever picked up 700 over the air? Just recently, I picked it just south of Atlanta driving down to Florida. It was at night if that makes a difference.

14Red

Odd question: Where is the furthest you’ve ever picked up 700 over the air? Just recently, I picked it just south of Atlanta driving down to Florida. It was at night if that makes a difference.
I believe - and y'all out there correct me if I'm wrong, they promote what they reach 38 states at different times during the day? I know Reds broadcaster Jeff Brantly said they'd listen to Reds games in the car radio (at night of course) and he grew up in Mississippi. Some of the major stations can be heard a long way at night. 1000 AM ESPN out of Chicago comes in strong at night, 660 AM WFAN out of New York. I remember one time listening to San Antonio Spurs games at night on like 1220 AM.

D4fan

Yes, night makes a huge difference. All the suns radio waves are on the other side of the earth. I have picked it up on Long Island in New York, Denver, Colorado kind of, Kansas City clearly, Little Rock Arkansaw and Destin Florida.

AEW Champion

So the new Mayor of Cincy is taking this opportunity to spend tax dollars needlessly IMO on ways to control speed in the city.
What is he attempting to do? The mayor should have nothing to do with traffic control.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …