#7 Trotwood-Madison VS #6 St. Mary's Memorial

Should be a great game I think st Mary’s is going to eat the clock up and find a way to win this one late. there offense is a pain in the to defend especially if it’s cold.
St Mary’s 24
Trotwood 21

This is gonna be a real good game. I remember the last time we played our DB made a clutch tackle on 4th down that if he doesn't make that play st Mary's would've probably scored and won. I'm more concerned about playing St. Mary's more so than #2 wapak. You stop wapakoneta run game ,get up on them and force them to pass its over. St. Mary's is smaller but in my opinion has more team speed. It's hard to locate to ball. If you've ever seen one of their games on tv or some highlights the camera man is always faked out lol. What makes them dangerous is they can pass the ball accurately although they primarily run it. I believe if we play assignment football, eliminate their big plays and dont turn the ball over I like us in this one. Ram Nation!!!

This is gonna be a real good game. I remember the last time we played our DB made a clutch tackle on 4th down that if he doesn't make that play st Mary's would've probably scored and won. I'm more concerned about playing St. Mary's more so than #2 wapak. You stop wapakoneta run game ,get up on them and force them to pass its over. St. Mary's is smaller but in my opinion has more team speed. It's hard to locate to ball. If you've ever seen one of their games on tv or some highlights the camera man is always faked out lol. What makes them dangerous is they can pass the ball accurately although they primarily run it. I believe if we play assignment football, eliminate their big plays and dont turn the ball over I like us in this one. Ram Nation!!!

Attachments

• web1_Wapak-vs-Fenwick-DS7-1.jpg
    web1_Wapak-vs-Fenwick-DS7-1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 31
I’m not sure who to pick. I think Wapak is better than St. Mary’s (evident by their win over) but I think St. Mary‘s matches up better than Wapak does offensively. St. Mary’s will score their points, but I’m not sure they will be able to keep Trotwood from scoring. Wapak’s defense is twice as good as St. Mary’s and Wapak still only held Trotwood to 19-21 points on defense. I’ll go with my gut and say Trotwood.

Should be a great game I think st Mary’s is going to eat the clock up and find a way to win this one late. there offense is a pain in the to defend especially if it’s cold.
St Mary’s 24
Trotwood 21
They seem to get better as the game goes on.

He won’t get the recognition he deserves by All-State voters because Wapak got bounced in the first round but dang this kid is just phenomenal running the ball. You would think to just hit him low and he would fall down but he has nimbleness and athleticism to him. A lot of that comes from wrestling. I’m not sure if he plans on playing in college, he is actually quite the student and could see him just focusing on academics.

Not gonna lie, I think this one will be close. Trotwood and St. Marys played a very tough game back in 2016. Trotwood needs to limit the penalties and be stout on defense or the season could end early. The defensive lines for either team will win this game. St. Marys has to be able to hit the quarterback, and Trotwood has to be disciplined on the line. We'll see what happens...

I still say the Rams in a battle, 21-14.

41-7 Rams dominated this game from start to finish. St. Mary's plays hard but the level of talent was just different. Twood continues the dominance over that league. But much respect to those kids and that community. Rams still rolling!

Only the 2nd time that St Marys has had a running clock against them if I am correct.

Correct, Shelby and tonight (as far as playoffs go).

Trotwood made plays when they needed to.

You’re very own team is the only other one I can think of recently
In 2013 they went 0-10 and had three running clocks put on them. Maybe it’s the 2nd time they’ve been running clocked in the playoffs.

You’re very own team is the only other one I can think of recently
In 2013 they went 0-10 and had three running clocks put on them. Maybe it’s the 2nd time they’ve been running clocked in the playoffs.

I don't even think they had running clocks in 2013.

Last edited:
Who actually thought this game would be anything other than a rolling clock? I haven’t seen either team play this year but could have predicted this with a high level of confidence. Trotwood has way too much speed and athleticism for St. Marys. Trotwood’s coaches are also really good.