#7 Trotwood-Madison @ #2 Wapakoneta

Ouch. Bad start to the 3Q for Wapak. They got the ball to start the second half, but the offense was seemingly unprepared as they wasted a timeout on that first posession. Wapak punted and Trotwood returned it 56 yards for a TD. 14-7 Trotwood. Then, in a confusing sequence, Wapak apparently muffed the kick return and Trotwood recovered the ball in the endzone for a TD, missed PAT. And just like that, in two plays, Trotwood jumped out to a 20-7 lead. Wapak's largest deficit of the season. Not looking good for the Redskins.

And it seems like for whatever reason Wapak has had an issue tonight with kick returns?? I don't think that fumble/TD was the first time tonight they've muffed the kick return. Seems like a pretty basic thing you should have figured out by week 11.

Double ouch. Trotwood connects on a wide open 39-yard touchdown pass. It's 27-7 Trotwood over Wapak... and this game's over. Mental mistakes with penalties, not an elite enough offense, and peculiar issues on special teams really costing Wapak. The Wapak defense really hasn't played bad... but they're getting absolutely no help from their offense or special teams. Defense can't shoulder the weight of the entire team here.

Also since the 1Q, Trotwood has really woken up. They have momentum on their side, have been playing with fire, and have forcefully taken control of the game.

Wapak had a bit of a comeback. Wapak was down 27-7 and punched it in for a TD to make it 27-14. Then they converted a Trotwood fumble into a TD to make it 27-21. However Trotwood responded with a poised TD of their own. PAT was blocked. Trotwood leads Wapak 33-21 with less than 3 minutes left in the game.

Final Score

#7 Trotwood-Madison 33
#2 Wapakoneta 21

T-M improves to 8-3, Wapak finishes at 9-2

Surprisingly a winnable game for Wapak, but Trotwood played a more complete game. Trotwood advances to play St Marys.

Final Score

#7 Trotwood-Madison 33
#2 Wapakoneta 21

T-M improves to 8-3, Wapak finishes at 9-2

Surprisingly a winnable game for Wapak, but Trotwood played a more complete game. Trotwood advances to play St Marys.
I think st Mary’s can beat this Trotwood team

Well Wapakoneta shot themselves in the foot and the refs didn't help. Nothing new, Trotwood holds non stop and get away with it. Keck gets facemask and they waived it off.

Ouch. Bad start to the 3Q for Wapak. They got the ball to start the second half, but the offense was seemingly unprepared as they wasted a timeout on that first posession. Wapak punted and Trotwood returned it 56 yards for a TD. 14-7 Trotwood. Then, in a confusing sequence, Wapak apparently muffed the kick return and Trotwood recovered the ball in the endzone for a TD, missed PAT. And just like that, in two plays, Trotwood jumped out to a 20-7 lead. Wapak's largest deficit of the season. Not looking good for the Redskins.

And it seems like for whatever reason Wapak has had an issue tonight with kick returns?? I don't think that fumble/TD was the first time tonight they've muffed the kick return. Seems like a pretty basic thing you should have figured out by week 11.
Because the return man has a cast on. And why would you have him trying to catch kick offs?

I'm curious. Have you had an issue with coaching decisions during the season or just this game ?

Not the first time. However, usually it is the offensive play calling. Wapak only scored 21 points but this was one of the more impressive performances by them on offense because they were moving the ball at will they just did not finish drives. I was just confused why they had a kid with one arm catching kickoffs. A mike blitz was also called when Trotwood scored their first touchdown on a pass right down the middle. Fantastic play call by the Trotwood coaching staff.

All in all, this was a very good game. This is on par with the OT loss a few years ago. I come away not satisfied because if there wasn’t a punt return for a touchdown or that kickoff fumble recovery for a touchdown, Wapak wins this game. These two teams are very evenly matched and once Trotwood got those two plays in a span of literally 20 seconds it took all the life out of Wapak.

Penalties in the first half killed 2 drives Wapak should have been up 14 to 0 at half

Trotwood had a 3rd and 9 on their own 3 yard line and the running back was stopped in the backfield before breakung some tackles for a 10 yard gain. If Wapak gets the stop there, they have plenty of time to score again. They could have been up 21-0 at half.

Trotwood was better in the second half. They have had issues with playing uninspired all year. They came out in the second half and played better and imposed their will. No holding calls, that were not called, influenced anything. Trotwood showed in the second half they were better. Wapak is a good team and a good program and should be commended for that and a great season. But do not get it twisted. A good Trotwood team that is playing well and inspired will be beat that Wapak team 9 out of 10 times. Last year Trotwood did not play well and Wapak played great and they got beat. It happens. This year it did not. My concern with the Rams is depth. If they stay healthy and play inspired they can win a state championship. If they don't. St. Mary's can beat them.

It is so silly how folks can complain about one call that would have made a difference. Like a facemask that was not called. Well from the Trotwood side what about that horrible PI that was called against the Rams. If that was not called the score would have been uglier than it was. Whatever, Trotwood was better in the second half. Period.

Trotwood had a 3rd and 9 on their own 3 yard line and the running back was stopped in the backfield before breakung some tackles for a 10 yard gain. If Wapak gets the stop there, they have plenty of time to score again. They could have been up 21-0 at half.
Just sounds like a clutch play by the running back. This If kid should tackle better.

Just sounds like a clutch play by the running back. This If kid should tackle better.

Absolutely. It was a great play by number 1, I believe that’s one of the Hughley brothers? He was tearing up Wapak all night. At the beginning Trotwood kept giving the ball to Hudson-Davis but Wapak had no problem tackling him, once they started giving #1 and #6 the ball no one could tackle them. Stewart also ran harder as the game went on.

Absolutely. It was a great play by number 1, I believe that’s one of the Hughley brothers? He was tearing up Wapak all night. At the beginning Trotwood kept giving the ball to Hudson-Davis but Wapak had no problem tackling him, once they started giving #1 and #6 the ball no one could tackle them. Stewart also ran harder as the game went on.
What’s wapaks future look like? plenty of talent left in the well or is it gonna run dry for a bit?

It is so silly how folks can complain about one call that would have made a difference. Like a facemask that was not called. Well from the Trotwood side what about that horrible PI that was called against the Rams. If that was not called the score would have been uglier than it was. Whatever, Trotwood was better in the second half. Period.
I don't think anyone is discrediting Trotwood here. There's a lot of mutual respect between teams. There's just more WBL or Wapak posters on here than Trotwood, so the conversation is naturally more about the could'ves and should'ves.

Last edited:
What’s wapaks future look like? plenty of talent left in the well or is it gonna run dry for a bit?

I’m not sure. Wapak had three kids this year that could take over a game on their own in Kaeck (#5), Merricle (#3), and Meeks (#6). Those were seniors. There’s no one like that in the lower classes except for Goulet (#10) who’s a sophomore. The juniors are not game changers. I can see a down year (7-3, maybe 8-2 because the WBL won’t be strong next year outside of Kenton) and then a solid year in two years because the 8th grade class now is very good.

Whatever, Trotwood was better in the second half. Period.

Not really. You should not get it twisted. It was pretty even on both sides. Just because Trotwood scored on a punt return touchdown and a kickoff fumble recovery because there is a kid with one arm returning kickoffs doesn’t mean they played better. Take away those two plays, Wapak outscored Trotwood in the second half 21-19. Hell, take away one of those plays and Wapak is more motivated on their final drive to score and could win the game.

How do you take away 14 pts?? What are you saying? It makes no sense. If you take away 6 of the TDs OSU scored today it would have been closer too??? Twood came out the second half and was better. They have been better what 5 of the 6 times they played?? Stop wishing and look at reality. They were not good enough to win. It was a good season but give up this notion of this play here, this play there because it did not happen like that.

If Wapak did this, if Wapak did that, give me a break!!!! If we score at least one PAT against Springfield we win, or at least two PAT’s against Springboro we win that game also!! Guess what, we didn’t, and we lost!!!! 7-1 against the WBL in the playoffs in the past 10 years ain’t no fluke. Champions find a way, and we did just that!!!
Now we have a Family gathering with, IMO the CLASS of the WBL The Roughriders on Friday. Now go get ready for BBall, because if we see you down the road in the tournament we’ll smack you up there also!!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
R.I.H DMR(WW)

If Wapak did this, if Wapak did that, give me a break!!!! If we score at least one PAT against Springfield we win, or at least two PAT’s against Springboro we win that game also!! Guess what, we didn’t, and we lost!!!! 7-1 against the WBL in the playoffs in the past 10 years ain’t no fluke. Champions find a way, and we did just that!!!
Now we have a Family gathering with, IMO the CLASS of the WBL The Roughriders on Friday. Now go get ready for BBall, because if we see you down the road in the tournament we’ll smack you up there also!!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
R.I.H DMR(WW)

St. Mary’s is the class of the WBL yet they finished 2nd and Wapak has beat them the past two years? That’s Trotwood education for you. Good thing you guys are spectacular at football and basketball.