#6 New Philadelphia vs #3 Aurora D2 Region 5

CalPreps prediction
New Philadelphia (OH) at Aurora (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Aurora (OH) 31-28

Good luck Phila, from a Dover fan.

Phila 30
Aurora 17

According to Fridaynightohio.com Aurora won 35-32,
NP kept this a lot closer than some thought they would.

Sounds like a great game. Great season NP. Aurora good luck next week against Kent. The other reg semifinal game is Kenston(they knocked off number 1 seed Tallmadge) vs Chardon

New Philly had chance to separate the game more early on but couldn't. impressive by Aurora to come back from a poor Q1.

I've got to agree with Brian's point about the New Philly coach calling for a pass on third-and-one when the Quakers were driving for a potential game-winning score in the last minute. Just get the first down there, and you've still got plenty of time to drive the 50-odd yards.

New Philly left a lot of points on the field in the first half. Their fans will be having nightmares about what might have been.

Aurora's coaches made a nice adjustment in the second half, using #33 Quinn as a spy to key on Jamal Johnson. Aurora contained New Philly's ground game in the second half, and that gave them the chance to come from behind.

Aurora came out very flat and fumbled twice in their first 4 plays. Very lucky to only be down 9 after all that. Nice adjustments after half. Getting a bad game out of the way should set them up for a good playoff run. I was very Impressed with New Philly in all aspects of the game, they came ready to play and could of easily won this game. THey are better than most in the region.

I watched the tape delay of this game after I got back home from Avon's game. I'm glad to see our friends from Aurora hang in there when it was tough, and ultimately win the game. New Philly was every bit as good as their fans described. Keep it up Greenmen!

Wow what a great game conrats to both teams. New Phily really impressed me! They have a great mix of pass and run. Aurora really had a hard time against the pass last night. This game came down to the first quarter. New Philly needed to get a few more points off the turnovers and not going for the field goal after the first turnover really came back to haunt them in the end. Give Aurora credit they lined up all night in a stack offense and said stop us if you can. Tough last two weeks for phily losing in the last min both games. Cant hang your heads though you left it all on the field last night. Great game to both teams...

Wow what a great game conrats to both teams. New Phily really impressed me! They have a great mix of pass and run. Aurora really had a hard time against the pass last night. This game came down to the first quarter. New Philly needed to get a few more points off the turnovers and not going for the field goal after the first turnover really came back to haunt them in the end. Give Aurora credit they lined up all night in a stack offense and said stop us if you can. Tough last two weeks for phily losing in the last min both games. Cant hang your heads though you left it all on the field last night. Great game to both teams...

Depth was a factor n the fourth quarter. Aurora only had a couple of guys going both ways, like McVay and Quinn. But most of New Philly's starters played both sides of the ball. The Quakers wore down in the second half. Aurora took advantage of that and just beat them down by running right at them with that stacked-I.

New Philly impressed me, too. Good QB. Good RB. Terrific receivers and a really inventive offensive scheme. Most of their best players are juniors, too, including the QB, the RB and the tall receiver, #7. The Quakers played some sophomores, too. They've got a chance to be legitimate state title contenders next year.