5th Pick

Hoping Culver falls to 5 because Garland would be a carbon copy type of guard as Sexton. Guessing Culver goes 4 though ... would probably be Hunter at 5 in that case

and with the 5th pick in the 2019 NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select....

Followed by a collective yawn from the Cavs fans.

and with the 5th pick in the 2019 NBA draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select....

Followed by a collective yawn from the Cavs fans.

I really wouldn't mind Hunter. He's one of the few whop come out of college with defensive ability, he's a decent shooter, and he's athletic. He might have been squandered in Bennett's system.

I really wouldn't mind Hunter. He's one of the few whop come out of college with defensive ability, he's a decent shooter, and he's athletic. He might have been squandered in Bennett's system.

Remember the good old days when the focus was on talent as opposed to potential?

Hunter is as good as anyone who will be available there. I'm probably more interested by what they might do with the other pick and trades. I also wonder if Gilbert's health issues might handcuff Altman.

I'm hoping that someone is at 5 that Atlanta has fallen in love with and that they will give up the 8th and 10th pick to move up to take.

Last edited:
Atlanta leapfrogs up to #4. It sounds like they're probably targeting Hunter at that pick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Really tough pick here for the Cavs.

Agree with griswold, would have loved if Atlanta had traded us 8 and 17 for this pick, but alas, they moved up even higher for Hunter

I'm cool with Garland here. Culver is technically a better fit since they already have a score first guard in Sexton... BUT I've always said when you're not a very good team just take the best available

Drafting this high up, always take whoever's the highest available on your board IMO. Sort out the fit later on.

I'm cool with Garland here. Culver is technically a better fit since they already have a score first guard in Sexton... BUT I've always said when you're not a very good team just take the best available

Yep, when the team is bad you have to take the best available. They should be able to push the ball with him and Sexton, but they could get abused on D with both guards being undersized.

Coby White may be the smartest man alive, but he's the second dullest looking athlete I've ever seen, second only to Brandon Weeden.

I saw Belmont play once (in the first round of NCAA tourney), and Windler stood out big time. He was awesome. No idea if he has the speed for NBA but at 26 I’m cool with a tall wing who’s a great shooter

Traded up to take Kevin Porter Jr with the final pick of round 1.

Haven’t heard what they traded yet. Hopefully a second rounder and a dude we don’t need

Four second round picks and cash considerations. I don't mind it if they really wanted the guy. He could have gone 10-15 picks higher, and they have a ridiculous number of future second round picks from previous trades. At the end of the first round, this seems like a player worth taking a flyer on. Major boom potential.

Overall, I think they had a pretty good draft. Defense may be a major question mark next year, but they've added a lot of offensive potential.

Lol I saw someone tweet they took him.
Pretty rapid backtrack on that one. Might be the first time I can recall seeing an "insider" tweet out in advance the wrong pick. It must have gone down to the wire before they phoned it in.

Four second round picks and cash considerations. I don't mind it if they really wanted the guy. He could have gone 10-15 picks higher, and they have a ridiculous number of future second round picks from previous trades. At the end of the first round, this seems like a player worth taking a flyer on. Major boom potential.

Overall, I think they had a pretty good draft. Defense may be a major question mark next year, but they've added a lot of offensive potential.

The defense will certainly be abysmal.

As to the trade, I really can't abide sending four second rounders for the last pick of the first round ... especially if he wasn't high enough on their board to take at 26.

I think the new coach got what he wanted,the guards both shoot and handle the ball very well so he can coach them up to play strong defense.Dump the junk at the end of the roster with some Vet FA'S and they are in the playoffs.

Saw him play several times in Florida this winter,never make it in NBA but across the pond he probably could make some dough.

Summer basketball team very boring and hard to watch,future not looking too good.

Last edited: