#5 Aurora Greenman @ #4 New Philadelphia Quakers D3 Region 9 District Final

Sean Wilson

Can the New Philadelphia Quakers get a win against the Aurora Greenman after losing last year in the district to the same team. Good luck Quakers

Aurora is in a transitional year. I believe they had to replace 14 or 15 out of the 22 starting positions. They have struggled on the offensive line in most games. The lack of 2 a day practices, scrimmages and the shortened season didn't help. New Philly appears to be an experienced team. Greenmen will certainly show up, but New Philly is probably a 2 touchdown favorite. Aurora is 2 and 0 against New Philly in the playoffs having beaten the Quakers in 2012 and again in 2019. Both times Aurora went on to win the Regional Championship. Two consistently good programs.

I think that Aurora will somehow find a way to sneak out a close one. Especially if Alex Moore has a good performance. And Evan McVay, even with a broken finger, still contributed in a huge way to the victory. Even though Aurora graduated 22 starters, they're still a threat to go deep in the region IMO.

Who are the main players to look out for on New Philly?

NP greatest strength is the line play on both sides of the ball. They are big and physical. On offense, they run, run and then run some more. Their pass attack is really just a play action to surprise you. If NP is forced to throw the ball 15 or more times Aurora will be in good shape.

Should be a good one.

I think that Aurora will somehow find a way to sneak out a close one. Especially if Alex Moore has a good performance. And Evan McVay, even with a broken finger, still contributed in a huge way to the victory. Even though Aurora graduated 22 starters, they're still a threat to go deep in the region IMO.

Who are the main players to look out for on New Philly?
The entire OLine averages probably 6’3 260. #29 is the best player on the field both sides of the ball, over 220 pounds and took a kickoff back 100 yards against Canfield. Other than 29 I wouldn’t say there’s too many standouts as NP is just a well rounded good team.

NP needs to quit putting the ball on the carpet, kept Dover in the game with two fumbles inside Dover's ten yard line and a possible running clock went to barely holding on on the last play to win that game. Fumbled on their first series against Chaney and gave them the ball at midfield but the defense held up.

Play a clean game this week and Philly should win but keep fumbling its eventually gonna bite you and Aurora is definitely good enough to capitalize.