5.8 billion student loan debt missing

D4fan

I heard this morning 323,000 disabled students will be losing the privilege of paying back their students loans which they originally agreed to when they took the loans out..

5.8 billion is a decent amount of money that we paid professors and universities to house and educate these individuals. Now, Biden has the authority to "steal" 5.8 billion from the taxpayers and give it to his good friends the disabled?

I'm certain there are many great stories and some I would be glad to see get such relief, but where does it stop? How much unilateral authority does the President have?

The US should start a foreign exchange program with the Taliban for disabled students to experience how much better other cultures treat the disabled than Americans do.

I heard this morning 323,000 disabled students will be losing the privilege of paying back their students loans which they originally agreed to when they took the loans out..

5.8 billion is a decent amount of money that we paid professors and universities to house and educate these individuals. Now, Biden has the authority to "steal" 5.8 billion from the taxpayers and give it to his good friends the disabled?

I'm certain there are many great stories and some I would be glad to see get such relief, but where does it stop? How much unilateral authority does the President have?
Trump was a dictator though.....

Is it wrong to think all loans should be forgiven? Only the lower middle class and below use loans for homes, autos, vacations, etc? Why not forgive them all? We want the top 1% to pay their fair share. Get it done

We should blow all their arms and legs off so they qualify
You took it a slight different direction than I was expecting, lol.

I was trying to focus on the question of our Presidents having unilateral authority to make economic decisions that affect the common tax payer.

Honest question. With the current cost of a 4yr state college education, at what point does a college education out price itself? My theory (with zero investigating) is that within 10 years college will be free or so expensive that only the ones who can obtain a scholarship or are the 1% who can afford tuition.

What building was this money stored in? Because there are liable to be two planes crashing into it soon. Sorry, only a select few will understand that reference. ?

Honest question. With the current cost of a 4yr state college education, at what point does a college education out price itself? My theory (with zero investigating) is that within 10 years college will be free or so expensive that only the ones who can obtain a scholarship or are the 1% who can afford tuition.
Seems there are always different ways of looking at it. Med school for instance is pretty pricey. You have paid for or borrowed for your bachelor's degree and probably worked a year or two in the medical field to gain qualified experience then comes med school. Today is much different than even 30 years ago. We have medical loan forgiveness plans in place where you can borrow $300k , then agree to work 10 years in an underserved community and after 10 years, poof, the $300k is forgiven.

So what did it really cost for that degree?

In fairness, if a person is collecting disability from the government and then that person is in turn sending that money back to the government to pay for student loans, does it really matter?

How about the collecting disability from the government will not stop when the student loan debt is forgiven.