5-2 North Canton @ 6-1 Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t these teams play a non-league game every year? Great traditions, stadiums, fan bases. It seems like a natural rivalry.
Recruiting
Dirt
Philosophical differences
"Too much going on"
Not wanting to legitimize what's "going on"

If you're from Massillon the reason is "Everyone is afraid of us".

If your brain has matured beyond third grade, you realize its got to be more than that because teams are passing up a good gate to avoid being involved with their program.

They have had a few head coaches from Massillon including one our most beloved, Bob Cummings, who GO subsequently named their field after. (y)
Except, they were bright enough to spell his name correctly (Commings) when they named the field after him.

Last edited:
I hope to see Liebler again. He is different than every other back Massillon has used. Knowing that is there, can be used as needed, and when needed is a luxury. He ended any hope for the Dawgs real quick. Stuck the dagger in deep and they quit! From what I see in that Hoover vaunted D, all these non Football folks like My2Sense want to make it about a QB. That is not the matchup. It the Massillon OL and RB by committee against that well prepared Federal league D! A defense that hasn't given up over 300 yards rushing in a game for a couple of weeks. They can not stack the box, as they were beat many times against Lake. Go ahead, stack the box, I dare you!

Now Stop it. McKinley is over. Hoover played a tougher schedule than McKinley. They are prepared for the Tigers and ready. A QB is what you must have against the Tigers D. They have one, he seems from what I have seen to be a tough one. I am glad we get a chance to see this player next week against the best all around D he will have seen. What more could you ask for?
Beat many times against Lake? What year tape were you watching.

Beat many times against Lake? What year tape were you watching.

I know what I watched. I assure you that Hoover's DBs are going to have their hands full. #22 from Lake in the late 3rd and early 4th showed me all I needed to see!

Sad thing about 2020, among the many negatives of 2020, is this is a game that fans would pay anything to attend. The stadium would be bursting at the seams. Covid sucks.
I disagree. Hoover has traveled to PBTS twice....in both games the Hoover contingent was very disappointing. In '05 there were 8,954 and in '09 there were only 6,898. I understood the '05 game but the '09 game....Hoover had a two time Mr. Football and Massillon appeared very beatable at that point.

If you're from Massillon the reason is "Everyone is afraid of us".

If your brain has matured beyond third grade, you realize its got to be more than that because teams are passing up a good gate to avoid being involved with their program.
We don’t need them and clearly they don’t need us. They can’t hide Friday night. ???

In both 2018 and 2019 Massillon offered a home and home and both times Hoover said no. ??‍♂️
I guess they were good with playing Clev John Adams and Brush.
And Avon Lake and a Cleveland Heights team coming off 9 wins.

Or St V, Bishop Hartley, Dublin Jerome, state runner up Central Catholic, Hudson...

I know what I watched. I assure you that Hoover's DBs are going to have their hands full. #22 from Lake in the late 3rd and early 4th showed me all I needed to see!
You mean garbage time...cool.

And Avon Lake and a Cleveland Heights team coming off 9 wins.

Or St V, Bishop Hartley, Dublin Jerome, state runner up Central Catholic, Hudson...
Hoover did NOT play Avon Lake or Clev Hts or Dublin Jerome or Hudson in 2018 or 2019. Do you guys do any fact checking before you post or just assume everyone will think you are right. ??‍♂️

Hoover did NOT play Avon Lake or Clev Hts or Dublin Jerome or Hudson in 2018 or 2019. Do you guys do any fact checking before you post or just assume everyone will think you are right. ??‍♂️
Disproving your Hoover doesn't play quality competition narrative. We did play St V in one of the years in question. We haven't played Massillon, who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hear some predictions....and not like 2scent where he says, "if this happens and that doesn't happen and the wind is coming out of the southwest and it's any where between 10 degrees and 95 degrees....team A COULD beat team B." Some REAL predictions.

I think if the Vikings come to play, we’ll see a competitive 3 quarters before the Tigers start to pull away. If Ashby is able to get in his rhythm early, then I think Hoover will put some points on the board. A lot of people are expecting a low-scoring performance from Hoover, but I could easily see them scoring 28 points in this game. In the end, I think the Massillon defense will prevail and the offense will have another good night.

Final Score: Massillon 42, Hoover 28

I think if the Vikings come to play, we’ll see a competitive 3 quarters before the Tigers start to pull away. If Ashby is able to get in his rhythm early, then I think Hoover will put some points on the board. A lot of people are expecting a low-scoring performance from Hoover, but I could easily see them scoring 28 points in this game. In the end, I think the Massillon defense will prevail and the offense will have another good night.

Can you elaborate on why you think Hoover’s offense is better than the likes of St Ed’s, St Ignatius, Benedictine, and McK?

Can you elaborate on why you think Hoover’s offense is better than the likes of St Ed’s, St Ignatius, Benedictine, and McK?

Hoover scoring 28 points is entirely contingent on Ashby. None of those teams you mentioned have a QB as good as him. And as for St. Ed’s, I’m sure they thought they were going to roll Medina last night. Why do I think Hoover is going to perform better than expected? Because this is the playoffs and they’re coming into the game on a 4-game winning streak. They’re peaking at the right time and playing good football. I still think the Tigers will win, but I think the game is going to be more competitive than you think.

Hoover scoring 28 points is entirely contingent on Ashby. None of those teams you mentioned have a QB as good as him. And as for St. Ed’s, I’m sure they thought they were going to roll Medina last night. Why do I think Hoover is going to perform better than expected? Because this is the playoffs and they’re coming into the game on a 4-game winning streak. They’re peaking at the right time and playing good football. I still think the Tigers will win, but I think the game is going to be more competitive than you think.
They might not have a qb quite as good as Ashby but the supporting casts on those teams are much better than Hoover’s. Especially the teams not named McKinley lol. If Hoover scores more than 10 points I’ll be surprised.

The Medina qb is Big ten/ sec level good and he has a really good receiver. That game being close was not surprising and I guarantee Ed’s didn’t expect to steamroll them.

Last edited:

Don’t forget the Tiger defense in your analysis. They are outstanding.

Unless the Tigers turn the ball over 3-4 times there is no way Hoover scores 28.

It could possibly be close in terms of the score of the game but Hoover won’t put 28 on the Tiger D. I have watched Ashby live against Jackson and 2 others times on YouTube and as I have said if he gets pressured he tends to almost always run it and if you think he is going to outrun the Tiger defenders you are sadly mistaken.

Why? are you going to have some bowel problems. ? lol Mass will win. If Hoover comes to play maybe it will be respectable. Good luck to the High School kids. To adults, please act like adults and don't get drunk before the game. Show some class.

Maybe you should worry about the Panthers? Geesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.