5-2 North Canton @ 6-1 Massillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the pressure is on Ashby gets happy feet and almost always takes off running, he also doesn’t throw on the run very well. On Friday night he will absolutely feel the pressure. ???
The Hoover DL might be the weakest part of their team, that will certainly not bode well against the Tigers OL.
This Tiger D is special, they have only given up more then 100 yds rushing in one game and that was only because of an 81 yard run. Also have only given up 5 TD’s in 7 games.
Hoover won’t be able to stop the 3 headed monster the Tigers have at RB, not to mention trying to cover the 3 headed monster at WR.

When the pressure is on Ashby gets happy feet and almost always takes off running, he also doesn’t throw on the run very well. On Friday night he will absolutely feel the pressure. ???
The Hoover DL might be the weakest part of their team, that will certainly not bode well against the Tigers OL.
This Tiger D is special, they have only given up more then 100 yds rushing in one game and that was only because of an 81 yard run. Also have only given up 5 TD’s in 7 games.
Hoover won’t be able to stop the 3 headed monster the Tigers have at RB, not to mention trying to cover the 3 headed monster at WR.
Do all three run the ball at the same time? Only need to stop one of them at a time. Besides, based on Massillon's own posters, their passing game is a work in progress. Ballard is an impressive athlete but his stats this season aren't impressive.

Do all three run the ball at the same time? Only need to stop one of them at a time. Besides, based on Massillon's own posters, their passing game is a work in progress. Ballard is an impressive athlete but his stats this season aren't impressive.
The problem is with the huge discrepancy between the Tiger OL and the Hoover DL they will have trouble stopping 1 let alone fresh legs in the 3rd and 4th qtr.
The passing game is a work in progress but if you think the Hoover CB’s can cover Ballard, Lamp and Johnson man to man with no safety help it’s going to be a long,long night.
Lamp at CB will match up with Henne and that is the WR Ashby looks for probably 75% of the time form the games I’ve watched this year.
I mean mck put 40 pts and more then 500 yds of offense on that D. That really says it all right there.

You just had to make this comment, didn’t you? Lol
I truly don’t understand it. I understand why some Stark teams don’t meet, but Hoover doesn’t lose kids to Massillon and they have the traditions and facilities that should lead to a natural rivalry.

I truly don’t understand it. I understand why some Stark teams don’t meet, but Hoover doesn’t lose kids to Massillon and they have the traditions and facilities that should lead to a natural rivalry.
In both 2018 and 2019 Massillon offered a home and home and both times Hoover said no. ??‍♂️
I guess they were good with playing Clev John Adams and Brush.

Nope. You're comparing Hoover's D facing Wattley then to facing Catrone now. Stay on topic. The game is Hoover v Mass.

Your Massillogic is trying to say if Hoover gave up 40 to McK, Hoover will give up that much and more to Catrone.

Its sad I have to explain your own posts to you. Dope.

Nope. You're comparing Hoover's D facing Wattley then to facing Catrone now. Stay on topic. The game is Hoover v Mass.

Your Massillogic is trying to say if Hoover gave up 40 to McK, Hoover will give up that much and more to Catrone.

Nope. I’m comparing what the Massillon D did against mck to what the Hoover D did. DOPE.
Go back to talking about all the mck kids who were out injured at least you were right....oops no you were wrong about that also. ?

Why is Hoover's D facing Wattley?

2 weeks ago you were wondering if "McKinley could beat McKinley"....now your thinking Wattley was playing QB against Hoover? I think your medication needs adjusted.

One of their famous coaches was asked why not play both (Mck & Mass) and he replied why should we, they don't have to? The goal of most FL teams is to make the playoffs and that wouldn't help. Ignore anything else you might hear.

It has been tried occasionally, with predictable results. GlenOak however, for a period, did become a very good rivalry with much mutual respect, but there is some history there. They have had a few head coaches from Massillon including one our most beloved, Bob Cummings, who GO subsequently named their field after. (y)

I wouldn't call any of them monsters but since Venson went down it is good to basically have a 1.b,c, & d. Assuming you mean Hartson, Beasley, and Portis. I was actually hoping to see a bit more of Liebler yesterday (1.e.). I thought he did really well vs. Mck and we stumbled onto something. He was obviously not needed vs. WR except on d.

McK has a better QB than Massillon, so Its not a valid comparison.
It could possibly appear that way to the uneducated. Wattley....er....I mean Wesley cruised through a league schedule that resembled a Jr. High tournament that they didn't even win....when he faced a REAL defense 2 weeks ago at beautiful PBTS, he had 16 yards passing.

I wouldn't call any of them monsters but since Venson went down it is good to basically have a 1.b,c, & d. Assuming you mean Hartson, Beasley, and Portis. I was actually hoping to see a bit more of Liebler yesterday (1.e.). I thought he did really well vs. Mck and we stumbled onto something. He was obviously not needed vs. WR except on d.

I hope to see Liebler again. He is different than every other back Massillon has used. Knowing that is there, can be used as needed, and when needed is a luxury. He ended any hope for the Dawgs real quick. Stuck the dagger in deep and they quit! From what I see in that Hoover vaunted D, all these non Football folks like My2Sense want to make it about a QB. That is not the matchup. It the Massillon OL and RB by committee against that well prepared Federal league D! A defense that hasn't given up over 300 yards rushing in a game for a couple of weeks. They can not stack the box, as they were beat many times against Lake. Go ahead, stack the box, I dare you!

It could possibly appear that way to the uneducated. Wattley....er....I mean Wesley cruised through a league schedule that resembled a Jr. High tournament that they didn't even win....when he faced a REAL defense 2 weeks ago at beautiful PBTS, he had 16 yards passing.

Now Stop it. McKinley is over. Hoover played a tougher schedule than McKinley. They are prepared for the Tigers and ready. A QB is what you must have against the Tigers D. They have one, he seems from what I have seen to be a tough one. I am glad we get a chance to see this player next week against the best all around D he will have seen. What more could you ask for?

I agree jeroe, the do have a good O (as much as we can tell) and I am looking forward to the challenge/opportunity being presented to our D. Fun stuff.

Sad thing about 2020, among the many negatives of 2020, is this is a game that fans would pay anything to attend. The stadium would be bursting at the seams. Covid sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.