#3 Georgia (13-1) Vs. #4 Alabama (12-1) - 01/08/2018

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, I judge UCF on their 13 - 0 record.

And if you had watched the Oklahoma game the OSU D-line played well.

I don't get your argument though? Are you implying that OSU doesn't have a D-line loaded with future high NFL draft picks including a couple of guys likely to go in the first 10 if not 5 picks.

So someone that thinks they know college football so well is judging a team just because they went undefeated ? Yet you watched UCF play ONE game this year.
No sense in arguing with the ignorant.

No, I judge UCF on their 13 - 0 record.

And if you had watched the Oklahoma game the OSU D-line played well.

I don't get your argument though? Are you implying that OSU doesn't have a D-line loaded with future high NFL draft picks including a couple of guys likely to go in the first 10 if not 5 picks.

i'm implying that osu would lose to any of the top four teams , its just that simple for anyone with common sense to figure that out.

My expectation is that it would be a low scoring game along the lines of 17 - 14. But based on watching a couple of Clemson games this year they would struggle to score more then 17 - 20 points on OSU unless the Bucs turned it over like crazy. I also think OSU might be able to force a couple of Clemson TO's that would give the Bucs short fields and scoring opportunities.

Bottom line is that IMO if Alabama, Georgia & Auburn (top 3 SEC teams) played a round robin series against Ohio State, Whisky & Penn State at neutral sites the two conferences would finish within one game of each other with the B1G schools having an equal opportunity to come out on the winning side as the SEC schools would. I saw nothing over the course of the year & Bowl Season to convince me that the top 3 SEC schools would roll the top 3 B1G schools. Nothing.
well apparently your opinion doesnt mean squat. i saw nothing over the year that to convince me that any team in the big ten was playoff worthy. apparemtly i was correct because the committee seen it the same way

My argument has nothing to do with Ohio State other then they are one of a number of playoff caliber teams left out of playoffs this year because a four team field is not big enough to accommodate all the elite teams. The sample size of the current system is simply to small to crown a true champion in a 130 team sport.

I have repeated ad nauseam on these pages that I didn't think Ohio State should have been in the top 4 as determined by the current playoff system. My argument is that the current playoff format doesn't provide enough top teams the opportunity to compete on the field for the championship.

bullshyt

So someone that thinks they know college football so well is judging a team just because they went undefeated ? Yet you watched UCF play ONE game this year.
No sense in arguing with the ignorant.

So according to you the conventional wisdom in college football is that going undefeated is no big deal and one shouldn't consider a teams record when judging how good they might be.

Just out of curiosity what teams do you scout for, I might want to avoid betting on them.

Oh and for the record I'm not claiming that UCF would win the national championship I'm claiming that they deserved the opportunity to compete in the playoffs and that they would not be an easy out.

well apparently your opinion doesnt mean squat. i saw nothing over the year that to convince me that any team in the big ten was playoff worthy. apparemtly i was correct because the committee seen it the same way

This is you argument? Seriously? Appeals to authority seldom convince.

Lmao yes we all get you are the president of sitting in the recliner watching college football for 12 hours on Saturdays.
ohio st should absolutely be bludgeoned for losing to OK at HOME. osu was a 7.5 pt favorite in the game. That was their biggest game of the season and they completely choked.

I don't have a recliner thank you. But based on your posting record I would take the insight of a couch potato sitting on their recliner all day watching college football & slamming beers over yours.

If you really are a scout, it would explain why talent assessment in college football recruiting is so piss poor.

You don't pay attention. If you read my post it said having all these high draft picks they must be under achieving in some games. I never said the SEC teams would steamroll. I said defeat. Third. Those Big Ten teams would have a hard time scoring on Bama, and Georgia, and even struggle with Auburn.

I would agree that in a couple of big games the Ohio State offense under performed and it cost them a chance at the playoffs. But the D line for the Bucs was very good and consistent.

i guess that wasnt osu's NFL laden defensive line that played against iowa, or oklahoma. and yet you judge UCF 's season on their win against auburn

I was also impressed that they were 12 - 0 going into the Auburn game. Yea I know according to experts here going undefeated is no big deal and I should ignore it. But for me it's just to hard to ignore 12 - 0.

So according to you the conventional wisdom in college football is that going undefeated is no big deal and one shouldn't consider a teams record when judging how good they might be.

Just out of curiosity what teams do you scout for, I might want to avoid betting on them.

Oh and for the record I'm not claiming that UCF would win the national championship I'm claiming that they deserved the opportunity to compete in the playoffs and that they would not be an easy out.

Who did UCF beat this year in the regular season that gave you the thought “wow that team is great no doubt they will be in the playoff this year”.
Do you realize that UCF was 12th in the final playoff rankings so even if there was an 8 team playoff they wouldn’t have got in.
But as we all read everyday the brilliant idea you have for an increased playoff.

I don't have a recliner thank you. But based on your posting record I would take the insight of a couch potato sitting on their recliner all day watching college football & slamming beers over yours.

If you really are a scout, it would explain why talent assessment in college football recruiting is so piss poor.

Lmao send me your resume and I’ll hire you. Clearly you have missed your calling at McDonald’s.

I was also impressed that they were 12 - 0 going into the Auburn game. Yea I know according to experts here going undefeated is no big deal and I should ignore it. But for me it's just to hard to ignore 12 - 0.

The ONLY reason anyone is even talking about UCF is because they beat Auburn nobody thought for one second they were getting in the playoff at 12-0.
As I said 12th in the final rankings.....

if you were so impressed why didnt you say anything before the playoffs or before the bowl game
?

Who did UCF beat this year in the regular season that gave you the thought “wow that team is great no doubt they will be in the playoff this year”.
Do you realize that UCF was 12th in the final playoff rankings so even if there was an 8 team playoff they wouldn’t have got in.
But as we all read everyday the brilliant idea you have for an increased playoff.

You need to work on your reading comprehension, it's rather poor:

* I never said UCF should have been included in this years playoff. I said that I thought they would give the playoff teams all they could handle if they played.

* I did argue that UCF would be included in an 8 team field with the caveat that in selecting an 8 team field the highest ranked NON POWER 5 school, which this year would have been UCF, receive an automatic bid.

if you were so impressed why didnt you say anything before the playoffs or before the bowl game
?

I'm not claiming I'm Nostradamus. It's freaking college football it's supposed to be fun to watch and shoot the breeze about. And as I've explained more than once, I was impressed with UCF going undefeated regardless of their schedule but it wasn't until I watched them handle Auburn in the bowl game that I realized that they were a very good team that reminded me of some of the best Boise State teams.

i call it like i see it, we all know that if the buckeyes would have been in the playoffs you wouldnt be saying . But when they dont make it you whine like a school yard sissy.

Look, I've been arguing for an expanded playoff for a long time on yappi and my desire to see it happen has NOTHING to do with Ohio State not getting in this year. And while I would have been happy had the Bucs sneaked in past Bama I also would have been worried given Ohio States Jekyll & Hyde offense. The last thing I wanted to see was another playoff beat down along the lines of last years Clemson game.

Any thinking college football fan should be in favor of an expanded playoff. I haven't heard ANYTHING remotely resembling a rational argument against expanding the playoff other than from SEC fans, who quite naturally want to protect their one and now possibly two automatic bids, while trying to limit competition in the playoffs.

The ONLY reason anyone is even talking about UCF is because they beat Auburn nobody thought for one second they were getting in the playoff at 12-0.
As I said 12th in the final rankings.....

People were talking about their undefeated season well before they took the field against Auburn. And this made their bowl game against Auburn more interesting as college football fans wondered how they would hold up against the SEC team that beat BOTH bama & Georgia! As it turns out they held up quite well thank you.

And I've got to say that the more you post the less convinced I am that you provide scouting services for anyone.

I'm not claiming I'm Nostradamus. It's freaking college football it's supposed to be fun to watch and shoot the breeze about. And as I've explained more than once, I was impressed with UCF going undefeated regardless of their schedule but it wasn't until I watched them handle Auburn in the bowl game that I realized that they were a very good team that reminded me of some of the best Boise State teams.

but before they beat auburn, they werent even as good as osu according to you, now they are national champs in your eyes

People were talking about their undefeated season well before they took the field against Auburn. And this made their bowl game against Auburn more interesting as college football fans wondered how they would hold up against the SEC team that beat BOTH bama & Georgia! As it turns out they held up quite well thank you.

And I've got to say that the more you post the less convinced I am that you provide scouting services for anyone.

Anddddddd they finished 12th in the final playoff ranking, undefeated and not even in the top 10, ya they were really being talked about LMAO.

Well there it is because mr “know it all” isn’t convinced that I really don’t have the job I have I must not have it. Anything else you arent convinced about ? I don’t have 2 kids ? I didn’t graduate from WHS ? I mean by all means please tell us what my life is or isn’t. TOOL....

I can see why you would want to remain anonymous and not say what school you work for because of the way you act here. No one buys it.

Anddddddd they finished 12th in the final playoff ranking, undefeated and not even in the top 10, ya they were really being talked about LMAO.

Well there it is because mr “know it all” isn’t convinced that I really don’t have the job I have I must not have it. Anything else you arent convinced about ? I don’t have 2 kids ? I didn’t graduate from WHS ? I mean by all means please tell us what my life is or isn’t. TOOL....

Calm down Francis.

And given UCF's recent football record and the fact they don't play in a P5 conference finishing at #12 is actually quite high.

I can see why you would want to remain anonymous and not say what school you work for because of the way you act here. No one buys it.

Right because internet message boards are full of people that give out where they live, where they work, SS #’s, hell anything and everything. No one buys that you punch a timeclock and listen to a boss all day but it’s true.