3 days till 8th Annual Braggin Rights Classic

final comments about Braggin Rights Classic

This years event will host top levels teams from Ohio, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Illinois, Maryland, DC, and Ny. Come see some of the best match ups in the State.

Dec 28th

GYM 1

10:00 am Thurgood Marshall vs. Beaumont

11:45 am Meadowdale vs. Norton

1:30 pm Landmark Christian vs. Glenville

3:15 pm Walnut Hills vs. Vasj

5:00 pm Rock School (FL) vs. White Station (TN)

6:45pm Southwest DeKalb (GA) vs. Elyria catholic

8:30 pm Bellbrook vs. Nyc Charter (NY)

GYM 2

10:15 am Thomas Worthington vs. Wooddale (TN)

12:00 pm Clyde c Miller (MO) vs. H.D. Woodson (DC)

1:45 pm Winton woods vs. Faith Baptist (Fl)

3:30 pm DuPont Manual (KY) vs. St. Anthony (NY)

5:15 pm Stone Mountain (GA) vs. Kenton Ridge

7:00 pm Chaminade –Julienne vs. Digital Harbor (MD)

8:45 pm Potters house (FL) vs. St Mary’s Ontario (CANADA)

Dec 29th

GYM 1

9:00 am Butlersville vs. Glenville

10:45 am Beaumont vs. Thomas Worthington

12:30 pm Carroll vs. the Rock School (FL)

2:15 pm Wooddale (TN) vs. Newark

4:00 pm Mt. Notre dame vs. Stone Mountain (GA)

5:45 pm NYC Charter (NY) vs. HD Woodson (DC)

7:30 pm Chaminade –Julienne vs. Potters house (FL)

9:15 pm Digital Harbor (MD) vs. St. Anthony (NY)

GYM 2

9:15 am Reading vs. Norton

11:00 am Vasj vs. Thurgood Marshall

12:45 pm Elyria catholic vs. White station (TN)

2:30 pm Bolingbrook (IL) vs. St. Mary’s Ontario (CANADA)

4:15pm Sycamore vs. Faith Baptist (FL)

6:00 pm DuPont Manual (KY) vs. Clyde c Miller (MO)

7:45 pm S.W. DeKalb (GA) vs. Winton Woods

9:00 pm Faith Baptist (Fl) vs. Wayne

Dec 30th

GYM 1

10:30 am Walnut hills vs. Wooddale (TN)

12:15 pm Reading vs. White station (TN)

2:00 pm Nyc charter (NY) vs. St Mary’s Ontario (CANADA)

3:45 pm Chaminade –Julienne vs. St. Anthony (NYC)

5:30 pm Wayne vs. the Rock School (FL)

7:15 pm Withrow vs. Stone Mountain (GA)

9:00 pm Faith Baptist (FL) vs. Mt. Notre Dame

GYM 2

10:15 am Butlersville vs. Thurgood Marshall

12:00 pm Badin vs. Faith Baptist (FL)

1:45 pm Digital harbor (MD) vs. Kenton ridge

3:30 pm Lake Ridge Academy vs. DuPont Manual (KY)

5:15pm Hathaway Brown vs. HD Woodson (DC)

7:00 pm Newark vs. S.W. DeKalb (GA)

8:45 pm Bellbrook vs. Potters house (FL)

Last edited:

rumor has it faith baptist lost their host this year and are having trouble with some funds and a place to stay and eat... can anyone confirm. if so maybe some stuff can be gatherered for their trip home.. ie food gas card something... let me know please.

Walnut Hills....Nice win!!!

Good luck Walnut Hills, you guys are young and not very deep and alot of coaches would have gracefully backed out of this event not knowing what to expect, but this will make you guys strong very fast, and the WIN was a nice touch!!!

I watched a couple of games yesterday.

CJ is playing well and beat Digital Harbor (MD) by approximately 20 points from what I recall. The reserves for both teams were playing the majority of the 4th quarter.

Potter's House (FL) beat St. Mary's (Canada) by approximately 10 pts (may have been less). This was a fun game to watch. We planned on leaving in the 3rd quarter, but it was a competitive game until the end. One of the post players for St Mary's went down with a knee injury. I really hope it's nothing serious.

Went to watch some specific players that we know: Emily Michael, Alexis Harrison and Antoinette Bannister and they did not disappoint! There are also some other really good players on these teams (but I unfortunately don't know their names).

Just got back from this AAU errrrr I mean high school showcase.
Sycamore torched a nine girl Faith Baptist (FLA) team. Mount Notre Dame beat Stone Mountain, Georgia by about 13. Kenton Ridge had ripped Stone Mountain 101-55 earlier this week.

I was not in summer ball mode so it took me a while to remember that traveling is not going to be called very often like it is in the GMC. Then I remembered that there was going to be a lot of catch and shoot offense when players were not taking three or four steps to the hoop. For the Aves it was a chance for the girls to have some fun before getting back to playing teams that play defense. Chloe Pavlech was clearly the best player on either court. She is having an outstanding senior season.

The Florida coach was dressed in jeans and a button down shirt that was not tucked in. Not sure if his school wants him to tell the players to "shut up" like
he did. This 9 player team will take the floor again tonight at 9:00pm against Wayne and then play two more games tomorrow. Good luck with that.

Now, back to the regular season.

Stop the hating

Just got back from this AAU errrrr I mean high school showcase.
Sycamore torched a nine girl Faith Baptist (FLA) team. Mount Notre Dame beat Stone Mountain, Georgia by about 13. Kenton Ridge had ripped Stone Mountain 101-55 earlier this week.

I was not in summer ball mode so it took me a while to remember that traveling is not going to be called very often like it is in the GMC. Then I remembered that there was going to be a lot of catch and shoot offense when players were not taking three or four steps to the hoop. For the Aves it was a chance for the girls to have some fun before getting back to playing teams that play defense. Chloe Pavlech was clearly the best player on either court. She is having an outstanding senior season.

The Florida coach was dressed in jeans and a button down shirt that was not tucked in. Not sure if his school wants him to tell the players to "shut up" like
he did. This 9 player team will take the floor again tonight at 9:00pm against Wayne and then play two more games tomorrow. Good luck with that.

Now, back to the regular season.

Why all the hating? Here you have a young man that is trying to bring some good basketball to this city and all you can do is say negative things. Stop it :shrug: . Why don't you just try to get your young ladies to focus on beating Princeton and maybe Sycamore and trying to win the GMC? How about that? I was there and I saw some great basketball. Now, would the event be better if the games were held at a high school gym....yes, but none the less it was a pretty good event.

Now, back to local basketball

Last edited:
You Da Truth

Why all the hating? Here you have a young man that is trying to bring some good basketball to this city and all you can do is say negative things. Stop it :shrug: . Why don't you just try to get your young ladies to focus on beating Princeton and maybe Sycamore and trying to win the GMC? How about that? I was there and I saw some great basketball. Now would the event be better if the games were held at a high school gym....yes, but none the less it was a pretty good event.

Now, back to local basketball

I totally agree I saw some good Womans basketball that I probably would not have seen if not for this tournament. (plus it was local) Also good point about high school gym.-I think it would improve the all around atmosphere. Fyi local wise Sycamore, Bellbrook and Winton Woods are for sure top tier teams in the state of Ohio. MND looked better than I was expecting athough the Georgia team was lacking. There were several teams that could flat out get it. ( New York,Potter House..Bellbrook. I would pay to see it again next year well done.

Last edited:
Brookville was on in this event. This event needs more disciplined and structured teams. Several of these teams looked like they didn't care to be there and had little to no coaching.

It's Bellbrook not Brookville...

In the Shadows....I couldn't disagree with you anymore ... Many of the top teams in Ohio played in the event....(Hathaway Brown, Dayton Carroll, Sycamore, Winton Woods, Bellbrook, Chaminade, Kenton Ridge, ...etc) There were teams from all over the country with different styles and approaches.... I saw 95% of all the games over the 3 day event and I saw some Great basketball..

Its unfortunate thats what you take from an event that is promoting girls basketball. I wish there were more opportunities like this for girls high school teams.

Cj Carroll and Hathaway brown are all top level teams. Other than them none of the other teams are sweet 16 teams in this state.

Awful teams

Cj Carroll and Hathaway brown are all top level teams. Other than them none of the other teams are sweet 16 teams in this state.

Awful teams

Give Classic in the Country in Berlin a try over MLK weekend. It is worth the drive and I think would be more to your
liking. Coming from Dayton, do a two day/overnight road trip and I don't think you would be disappointed. Great games, on schedule and great venue.:thumb:

Norton is far from awful.. you have some really unrealistic standards if you consider that team awful :eek:

It's Bellbrook not Brookville...

In the Shadows....I couldn't disagree with you anymore ... Many of the top teams in Ohio played in the event....(Hathaway Brown, Dayton Carroll, Sycamore, Winton Woods, Bellbrook, Chaminade, Kenton Ridge, ...etc) There were teams from all over the country with different styles and approaches.... I saw 95% of all the games over the 3 day event and I saw some Great basketball..

Its unfortunate thats what you take from an event that is promoting girls basketball. I wish there were more opportunities like this for girls high school teams.

The Braggin Rights staff does a great job in bringing in some talented teams, and like you said, promoting the game. I wish I could have made it down to see some games, but working all week, I could not get away.

Congrats to everyone involved for what appeared to be another solid event!

While I will say Norton isn't awful, they were matched up against a very bad team and traveled down here to cincy to blow a team out by 26.

Dabbelt, you weren't even at this event.