2024 Massillon Tigers

One other drawback to all the OOS oponenets that I don't think anyone has mentioned, where does this leave scheduling for JV games and freshman games? It sure seems like that might be a problem
In state teams are a lot more willing to schedule games at that level but yeah the quantity is higher than usual that’s for sure

I was just watching some of the Nike High School Kickoff Game from last year (where the Tigers will play IF the OHSAA approves).
My takeaway is that for the fans who would end up going, it doesn’t seem too fan friendly. I did not see many stands… the
bands stood in the grass behind the goalpost. Some fans were there… they sat on blankets in the grass behind the endzone. A few seemed to be behind the teams sidelines with NO STANDS… hard to see over the sideline if it’s not elevated. There were a couple of benches on the sides… maybe sat 100-200. Overall it doesn’t seem very fan friendly… and for a team with fans like Massillon (who will travel in some capacity), it won’t fly well with a lot of die-hards. Again, I realize that this is more for the kids, but I just don’t like the idea.

Here’s the link to the game(s). There are also a couple of flag football games so you’ll have to skip.

I was just watching some of the Nike High School Kickoff Game from last year (where the Tigers will play IF the OHSAA approves).
My takeaway is that for the fans who would end up going, it doesn’t seem too fan friendly. I did not see many stands…
Why would there be? No one cares about these games. Ever watch one of those inter-regional matchups on ESPN? There's a reason they don't show many shots of the stands.

Some WK1 + WK8 stuff… I hear the OHSAA is “getting close” to informing the Tigers whether or not they can go to Oregon. We seem to be in talks for scheduling someone WK 8; not sure who yet.

We can travel out of state to a none bordering state once without consequences if approved
Oshaa has some wacky laws

Attachments

• IMG_9287.png
    IMG_9287.png
    364.9 KB · Views: 65
My takeaway is that for the fans who would end up going, it doesn’t seem too fan friendly. I did not see many stands… the
bands stood in the grass behind the goalpost. Some fans were there… they sat on blankets in the grass behind the endzone. A few seemed to be behind the teams sidelines with NO STANDS… hard to see over the sideline if it’s not elevated. There were a couple of benches on the sides… maybe sat 100-200. Overall it doesn’t seem very fan friendly… and for a team with fans like Massillon (who will travel in some capacity), it won’t fly well with a lot of die-hards. Again, I realize that this is more for the kids, but I just don’t like the idea.

Here’s the link to the game(s). There are also a couple of flag football games so you’ll have to skip.
I understand they would like to play the game at the Nike HQ but can't they at least bring in some seating or even build a nice, oh let's say 6,000 seat stadium that could be used for other events as well..... I mean it is a multi-billion dollar company.... Geesh.....

That’s what I’m hearing also…. A European all star team, ages 15-19. All controlled and sponsored by the NFL.
OK, so it wont count as a real game and neither will the Canadian team...so we have 8 games... Hope no one cancels a game and keep us out of the playoffs:unsure:

OK, so it wont count as a real game and neither will the Canadian team...so we have 8 games... Hope no one cancels a game and keep us out of the playoffs:unsure:
Unless we have a week 8 game lined up we currently only have 9 games scheduled so minus those 2 we’d only have 7 games that count. We must have an actual school lined up for week 8 bcuz they aren’t dumb enough to only schedule 7 games that count towards qualifying for the playoffs.

That’s what I’m hearing also…. A European all star team, ages 15-19. All controlled and sponsored by the NFL.
For whatever reason Nate ask the kids not to post about it some time ago. Now that the tiger is out of the bag I also heard it's a European high school all star team. Nike is supposedly putting up $150,000 to send the Tigers to Oregon. There will be a couple taped delayed broadcast on the NFL Network.