2024 D2 Early Outlook

D2 has had 5 different state champs the last 5 years. Avon would make 6 straight, and they are primed. Obviously I want Massillon but that would be awesome too and few are more deserving. Also big mutual respect w/ WGH and trust us we know what they bring when they are right. D2 is doing GREAT. Had TCC and what should be a fairly loaded WW this year remained in the division - holy cow.
Avon had a 2026 CB pick up an OSU offer yesterday. This really might be their year. And yes agreed D2 is the most entertaining division as a fan for me. Even in region 5, outside of Hoban its wide open for a number of teams to make a run

So Hoban also got Brunswick’s QB to transfer as well as the WJ kid? Or did they already kick the WJ kid to the curb?
I was wondering that too. If they come in as a tranfer they are expecting to play. Why else would you tranfer. Oh well, I am not a coach so maybe I shouldn't be so critical. See h

Olmsted Falls QB Jimmy Rosol returns for his senior season. He's another in the long line of great dual threat QBs the Bulldogs seem to have every year.
Is Olmsted Falls running the triple option? I could be mistaken but I thought it was either them or North Olmsted that ran it.

College football was never college football. It's just out in the open now and not just reserved for the select few elite coaches and programs. That's why Saban left, he had to actually compete with others in payments and isn't always the highest bidder now.
Respectfully disagree, it's IS the highest bidder now. It's not only about kids getting paid, and we don't want HS football to turn into that do we?

Respectfully disagree, it's IS the highest bidder now. It's not only about kids getting paid, and we don't want HS football to turn into that do we?
I think the answer is somewhere in the middle regarding college football. Paying kids under the table and other stuff has happened forever but now the magnitude of what they are getting has increased with NIL collectives and there being no rules.

I know it's the highest bidder. My point was Saban was always the highest bidder, but now with NIL, he's not and thus can't get stack an entire roster with the best recruits.

It's only a matter of time before it gets to Ohio high school. It already is there to a degree. Kids are transferring and attending 3-4 different high schools with promises made by slimy coaches about playing time, exposure, and coaches paying for these kids to go on elaborate trips to attend camps, giving them swag, and all kinds of other things like free tuition.

NIL will be official within 5 years in high school. It's already allowed in KY, which is way more conservative than Ohio. And KY doesn't have near the transfer culture that Ohio has. Right now, NIL is just being done under the table in Ohio, like it used to be in NCAA.

When one if the last vestiges of integrity and purity, The high-school athlete that plays his heart out for the for community and program he loves, is relplaced with greed and ill pay to play,,,I for one will have long moved on (suffering a never appeased broken heart) and haveing lost faith in any goodness in competition. I've lived long enough to know that no decline in our cultures accepted behaviors can shock me. Is this melodramatic? HELL NO!
TIG!

Cleveland.com D2 Top 10. Well, Top 9, as they didn’t feel like including a #8.

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoo...llon-on-another-collision-course-in-2024.html

IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0896.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 18
Preseason rankings like this are pretty dumb, especially at the state-wide level. I literally LOLed when I saw Mount Healthy in there.

Hoban and Massillon at the top are easy and good bets. But the rest is silly.

I thought Hoban had a Qb from Walsh too? Did he already transfer back out or is Goul just assuming the Brunswick kid will start?

I find it interesting how these transfers that Hoban gets every year never are that good and the quarterbacks that transfer out of hoban go to these other schools and are lights out. Maybe its the coaching?
I don’t think so. Coaches don’t forget how to coach. In my opinion it’s more about horrible QB evaluations. But you bring up valid points and ask a valid question.

I find it interesting how these transfers that Hoban gets every year never are that good and the quarterbacks that transfer out of hoban go to these other schools and are lights out. Maybe it’s the coaching?
Could be the pressure. Idk but I’m assuming it’s a high pressure environment.

What I saw from hoban in the championship game was to many super stars that didn't play well together. In my humble opinion, There were far to many egos and confusion on the field and the sidelines that nite.

But, isn't evaluating talent a big part of coaching?
It is but in Tyrell’s case I think he was blinded by the 6’4” kid from Massillon and the WV transfer with D1 offers. Meanwhile the kids that left for East, Green, and Wadsworth performed much better (against far weaker schedules). I was referring to scheme and X’s and O’s. I believe Hoban as at least two more state championships had Justin Cox and the kid that left for Wadsworth stayed.