2024 D2 Early Outlook

Good on line. a returning tackle with 10 D1 FBS offers. 2 other returnign starters on line. have to fill voids of 2 lost to graduation. Line was solid last year.
Thanks! The OT who will be a senior must be a bright kid, considering he has offers from Army, Navy and Air Force.

Totally agree. Walsh,Hudson Nordonia every year have great skiing players. Hoban, and Massillon on the lines both offense and defense have just manhand

Agreed. Although, when Massillon played Wadsworth in the playoffs, and I was fairly impressed btw, it was Massillon's skill on offense that gave them trouble. Also return game gave them fits. Their offense was hard to stop and fairly skilled too. They can pass and run. It is true about Hoban and Ed lines though. Dominating size and strength. I would not compare Massillon or any public to that. But on the d-line maybe, Massillon did have the best d-line and LB's they have had in a long time.

Agreed. Although, when Massillon played Wadsworth in the playoffs, and I was fairly impressed btw, it was Massillon's skill on offense that gave them trouble. Also return game gave them fits. Their offense was hard to stop and fairly skilled too. They can pass and run. It is true about Hoban and Ed lines though. Dominating size and strength. I would not compare Massillon or any public to that. But on the d-line maybe, Massillon did have the best d-line and LB's they have had in a long time.
Agree. Massillons offensive lines have been very good. They are big and skilled like Hoban and Eds. Toledo Central Catholic's lines are really good on both sides. They are huge and very physical and athletic.

Man, if Badin is going to be DII, a regular-season series with La Salle ought to be pursued by both schools.
Agree in fact if Badin is going to be division 2 for awhile, perhaps they should move up to the GCL South. Big boys stick together

I'd put Avon at the top by a skosh, because of QB play, a better idea of what they have coming back, and across-the-board familiarity with the system. OTOH, the portal hasn't closed for Hoban and Massillon, so either or both may acquire a game-changer or two before the season starts.

I'd put Avon at the top by a skosh, because of QB play, a better idea of what they have coming back, and across-the-board familiarity with the system. OTOH, the portal hasn't closed for Hoban and Massillon, so either or both may acquire a game-changer or two before the season starts.
It probably will be Avon, Hoban, Massillon and everyone else but in sports you never know if another team will rise up. The Cincinnati area sometimes has teams that challenge for the D2 championship, Winton Woods, Lasalle, Kings, Anderson someone else?

It probably will be Avon, Hoban, Massillon and everyone else but in sports you never know if another team will rise up. The Cincinnati area sometimes has teams that challenge for the D2 championship, Winton Woods, Lasalle, Kings, Anderson someone else?

Didn't Winton Woods move up to Divisin I this year?

Cjb I see Good committed to Kent yesterday. I didnt see Crum in high school but Good kind of reminds me of him from an athletic standpoint. I think your boy has more natural arm talent though

Cjb I see Good committed to Kent yesterday. I didnt see Crum in high school but Good kind of reminds me of him from an athletic standpoint. I think your boy has more natural arm talent though
I like Good a lot, and it was a shame he got hurt right before Avon needed him the most last year, but there is a reason why Crum is a starting professional football QB. Crum was ridiculous in high school. Good has a senior season to make his mark, though, and then he will follow in Crum’s footsteps at Kent.

Interestingly enough it was playing Glenville that put Good on Kent’s radar. They told Avon’s coaches later that they were mostly there to see some of the Glenville kids, but Good caught their eye that night and they started to go after him. Yet another reason it’s been nice to have the Tarblooders on the schedule every year. They bring talent, they attract a crowd, they put on a show and they play hard. The atmosphere at the games between Avon and Glenville have been electric. I really wish they were in D2, just to make the playoffs even spicier, but that’s not to be.

Interestingly enough it was playing Glenville that put Good on Kent’s radar. They told Avon’s coaches later that they were mostly there to see some of the Glenville kids, but Good caught their eye that night and they started to go after him. Yet another reason it’s been nice to have the Tarblooders on the schedule every year. They bring talent, they attract a crowd, they put on a show and they play hard. The atmosphere at the games between Avon and Glenville have been electric. I really wish they were in D2, just to make the playoffs even spicier, but that’s not to be.
He went offfffff that night. I thought he was a senior, I was in a great mood when I found out he had another year 😂😂😂 he’s a baller. Ironically our QB from last year is at Kent, he and Good will push each other. I’ll be keeping an eye on both of them.

Good for him! He really did his thing that night, using his leg and arms. The Avon game is my favorite game of the year hands down. I really appreciate the mutual respect between the two programs. Do we start a petition to get Glenville and TCC in D2? Lol

He went offfffff that night. I thought he was a senior, I was in a great mood when I found out he had another year 😂😂😂 he’s a baller. Ironically our QB from last year is at Kent, he and Good will push each other. I’ll be keeping an eye on both of them.
Wish they still had Sean Lewis to coach them up!

Good for him! He really did his thing that night, using his leg and arms. The Avon game is my favorite game of the year hands down. I really appreciate the mutual respect between the two programs. Do we start a petition to get Glenville and TCC in D2? Lol
I respect all the teams in R6. There are some really good programs in the region that aren’t getting the props they should, mainly because Avon and TCC have kept them from deep runs. That all being said, Avon and TCC have developed a respectful and fun playoff rivalry and the region, and D2, is better when they are in it.

I love the Glenville game for all the reasons I previously mentioned and more. And I’ve been a Coach Ginn fan all along. I was at what I believe was their first ever playoff game against a great Shaker Heights team. With all due respect to plenty of administrators, teachers and other professionals over the decades, Coach Ginn has probably made a greater positive impact for Cleveland public schools than any individual.

Who are some of the QBs we need to look for in D2?

In R6 I know Oregon Clay has a good one that’s committed to Pitt. The Anthony Wayne QB, Grant Kinnee, is a heck of an athlete.

In R6 I know Oregon Clay has a good one that’s committed to Pitt. The Anthony Wayne QB, Grant Kinnee, is a heck of an athlete.
Massillon’s QB is solid. Had a really strong Sophomore season, was injured last season he’s in for a nice bounce back senior season. Shaker has a real nice QB, like mentioned above won MVP of a loaded showcase event last Sunday. And of course Moten at Walsh. And I hear your Eagles has a decent QB….

Twinsburg has a returning QB that put up good numbers last year. The Tigers started 2-4 but ended the year very well, winning their last four regular season games and shocking Nordonia in the first round of the playoffs. It was their first winning season since joining the Suburban League.

Look for Perry to be in regional final. They have a lot coming back from last years squad! 10 starters on offense and 11 on Defense. I think they call that a force to be reckoned with! Go Panthers!!
Whatever you smoking send it my way lol

I know it's only June right now but a team that I would be on the lookout for is Warren. That coaching staff that coach Rich has built is something serious I could definitely see them make it a nice little run because I'm not mistaken they had a few upsets last year in the playoffs

Olmsted Falls QB Jimmy Rosol returns for his senior season. He's another in the long line of great dual threat QBs the Bulldogs seem to have every year.

I know it's only June right now but a team that I would be on the lookout for is Warren. That coaching staff that coach Rich has built is something serious I could definitely see them make it a nice little run because I'm not mistaken they had a few upsets last year in the playoffs
They should definitely be improved, but the big jump usually occurs in year two of a new coach, after his program is fully implemented. I would never take Warren Harding lightly, though, and I agree that by the end of the year I expect them to be pretty good.

They should definitely be improved, but the big jump usually occurs in year two of a new coach, after his program is fully implemented. I would never take Warren Harding lightly, though, and I agree that by the end of the year I expect them to be pretty good.

Can't wait! 😁

Yeah, you definitely deserve seeing your team back in the thick of things again. You’ve stuck with them in the great, good, mediocre and bad years. Time to get back to great. The town needs it.

Definitely! I wrote this article on the new staff as couple weeks ago. Should be an interesting season.

D2 has had 5 different state champs the last 5 years. Avon would make 6 straight, and they are primed. Obviously I want Massillon but that would be awesome too and few are more deserving. Also big mutual respect w/ WGH and trust us we know what they bring when they are right. D2 is doing GREAT. Had TCC and what should be a fairly loaded WW this year remained in the division - holy cow.

Know a coach on Olmsted Falls he is very excited for this year. Then I was at the Guardians game talking to a couple friends on Hudson staff and they will be throwing more this year. Said they have a Qb who will be a D1 recruit in a different position. He started at LB as a sophmore last year. Should have decent height at WR too. I asked them what the plan for Marquise Davis week 3 was and they said thats a work in progress LOL