2023 St. Ignatius Football

If you missed today's hockey regional semi-final, the Cats ( 4-0 against Benedictine) will play for the regional championship on Fri at 7 at First Energy against Padua, which beat St. Edward 1-0 in 3OTs
Never mind:

HKY: The OHSAA Regional Final has been moved to Brooklyn Rec Center and will be played on Saturday, March 4 at 4:30 p.m. against the Padua Bruins!

Unfortunately, the Progressive Field game got moved because of scheduling conflicts, but not to Byers. Hearing Franzinger doesn't want to play there often. Likely at Strongsville like the game 2 years ago. Massillon couldn't find any transportation so Pittsburgh Central Catholic is taking their place.
Seems like I got that one right too. Bye bye Byers!

If you missed today's hockey regional semi-final, the Cats ( 4-0 against Benedictine) will play for the regional championship on Fri at 7 at First Energy against Padua, which beat St. Edward 1-0 in 3OTs
Tom please post on the hockey thread. Oh wait nobody reads the hockey thread. No wonder you post the results here.

If that is true regarding JCU for 3 out of 4 games, hard pass for attending. Also would seem that is the new home field. Wonder if akin to the Jesuit mobile

Changing venues is one thing, beating your arch-rival again is another. Hasn't happened in years and '23 doesn't look promising for a change.

I don’t doubt the wildcats will be back in the hunt soon but I think the inside hire was a step back / lateral move.
You've posted that many times. We'll see. It's all about talent. Coaching is one thing but if you don't have the studs, it doesn't matter.

Chico is a legend and an amazing coaching but he lost to Eds 4 years straight because the Eagles have more talent. By far. 2023 will be the same thing.

2023 will be the same thing but the gap narrows significantly from there. Zinger is a great coach and numbers and talent have been trending in the right direction coming off the nadir that should see an inflection point after this season. Not sure Ignatius has had more talent than Ed’s any year since 2009 (maybe 16 and 17) and we’ve won plenty of games over that span - we’ll be ok. We’ve figured it out in every other sport besides wrestling.

You've posted that many times. We'll see. It's all about talent. Coaching is one thing but if you don't have the studs, it doesn't matter.

Chico is a legend and an amazing coaching but he lost to Eds 4 years straight because the Eagles have more talent. By far. 2023 will be the same thing.
Could not agree more. Regardless of the sport you need the talent. Coaching is always part of the equation. Ed's class is loaded with most of the highly touted 8th graders. You have to remember these kids currently in 8th grade have only seen Ed's dominate over their years on this earth. Just natural they would want to attend Ed's. I truly hope Iggies program comes back around. The rivalry needs both teams to compete for a title.

Could not agree more. Regardless of the sport you need the talent. Coaching is always part of the equation. Ed's class is loaded with most of the highly touted 8th graders. You have to remember these kids currently in 8th grade have only seen Ed's dominate over their years on this earth. Just natural they would want to attend Ed's. I truly hope Iggies program comes back around. The rivalry needs both teams to compete for a title.
Are you saying Ed’s incoming freshman class is strong? The 2027 class?

I'm assuming no, but any schedule or site news? Mid March so starting to get into the scheduling desert time if nothing yet

Dre'Mont Jones:

“I loved Ignatius,” he said. “The morals and values I took from Ignatius will always stick with me until the day I die. They embedded that tradition in their culture into my brain and into my soul, so I’m always kind of indebted to Ignatius in a way.”

He’s already heard from some fellow former Wildcats.

“I’ve had a few people hit me up, asking can I come back home,” he said.

I’m taking a guess but I thought ignatius has a huge athletic sophomore, probably taking a defensive end spot. My guess

Leo Rick - a sophomore this year, 6'2", 265 lbs.
Played C and OG this past season on Varsity. Started several games when Lavelle was injured
His father may be Steve Rick '95, who was an OG and All-Ohio honorable mention

Also,
Will Conroy - a freshman this year, 6'3", 275 lbs.
Played OLine and DLine on the freshman team. Was moved up to JV (along with QB Peyton Frontino) during the season. Then both Conroy and Frontino were moved up to Varsity for the playoffs. Conroy may have seen playing time.