2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

I think the Pats shut out the Lions. EDIT: Yes, 29-0 in Week 5.

Niners beat the Saints 13-0 Thanksgiving weekend. Jags beat the Colts 24-0 Week 2. Saints beat the Raiders 24-0 Week 8.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Ok thanks. I was too lazy to look. Seems almost impossible to be shut out with guys kicking 60 yard field goals.

Browns Watson is ahead of Pickett in Matt Castle’s list. List can’t solely be based on last years production because Pickett was better that Watson in 2022. I assume Castle is considering potential but he definitely didn’t consider contract. Watson at $56 mil cap hit vs Pickett in his 2nd year on a rookie deal….I’ll roll the dice with Pickett.

After the NFL combine it is now looking like 4 qb’s will go before the Steelers draft at 17. That means some very good players will fall. I think the Steelers will choose between
* The top 3 OT’s (NW, OSU, Georgia) but they could all be gone. Good depth at OT so they could still get a good one in the 2nd rd.
* The Pitt DT - He’s not a big run stuffer but more of a potential John Randle/Aaron Donald.
* ILB - Clemson kid with the Arkansas kid a long shot. Both can play all 3 downs. Not much depth at ILB in this draft.
* OSU wr Smith-Njigba - Didn’t run the 40 but had the best 3 cone drill & 20 yard shuttle times and looked good catching the ball. Would be a great slot wr.
* A lot of good cb in this draft, I don’t think the Steelers will take one in the 1st rd. The Alabama safety is a long, long shot but he didn’t run too well at the combine.

Pickett may not be a Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert but he has some potential. Give him good skilled players: what a potential 3 wr’s, te and rb’s the Steelers could have if Smith-Njigba is the real deal. I keep thinking of the ESPN gameday interview a couple of years ago with OSU wr’s Olive, Wilson & Smith-Njigba. The person asked who was the best between the 3 of them and Wilson & Olive both pointed towards Smith-Njigba. Players know who can play. Scared to death about him missing this past season & not at least trying to play in the National Title game. The Steelers would have to do some serious research on him but the talent is there.

Last edited:
DB Sutton signs with Detroit. Steelers were saying signing Sutton was the No.1 priority I guess the price was just too high.

I haven’t seen the $$$ yet but I saw that it was a 2 year deal. With Patterson signing I think it means the Steelers hopefully do not draft a cb in the 1st round. CB is pretty deep in this draft so they should be able to get someone in the 2nd or 3rd round who can develop/learn behind Patterson. The Steelers will have to deal with Cin wr Ja’Marr Chase for the next 5+ years.

Inside LB is still a big concern.

I haven’t seen the $$$ yet but I saw that it was a 2 year deal. With Patterson signing I think it means the Steelers hopefully do not draft a cb in the 1st round. CB is pretty deep in this draft so they should be able to get someone in the 2nd or 3rd round who can develop/learn behind Patterson. The Steelers will have to deal with Cin wr Ja’Marr Chase for the next 5+ years.

Inside LB is still a big concern.
Not sure if there will be a LB that’s worth a 1st round pick at #17. I’ll defer to you on this since you seem more knowledgeable about these things then I am. My take is they take an OL if there’s one they really like or DL/Edge guy.

Not sure if there will be a LB that’s worth a 1st round pick at #17. I’ll defer to you on this since you seem more knowledgeable about these things then I am. My take is they take an OL if there’s one they really like or DL/Edge guy.

I think you are correct, I don’t know if the Steelers will believe there is a ILB worthy of the 17th pick. OL/Edge rusher and I just think it’s worth looking at the OSU wr at the 17th pick. Regardless who the Steelers take, they will put them in a good position to succeed

Steelers thus far have:
* Sign CB Patrick Peterson. - 2 years, $14 mil total
* Sign G Nate Herbig - 2 years, $8 mil total w/ $4 mil guaranteed
* Resign S Damontae Kazee - 2 years, terms not yet release.

Steelers thus far have:
* Signed CB Patrick Peterson. - 2 years, $14 mil total
* Signed G Nate Herbig - 2 years, $8 mil total w/ $4 mil guaranteed
* Resigned S Damontae Kazee - 2 years, terms not disclosed yet
* Resigned DT Larry Ogunjobi - 3 year, $28.75 mil. Will receive $21.75 in first two years.

Lost:
* Lions CB Cam Sutton - 3 years, $33 mil w/ $21.5 mil guaranteed
* Raiders LB Robert Spillane - 2 years, $9 mil w/ $4 mil guaranteed

Steelers thus far have:
* Resigned DT Larry Ogunjobi - 3 year, $28.75 mil. Will receive $21.75 in first two years.

Lost:
* Raiders LB Robert Spillane - 2 years, $9 mil w/ $4 mil guaranteed
Glad they resigned Ogunjobi.

Steeler sign Commanders LB Cole Holcomb. Honestly don’t know the name but has been a starter for 4 seasons and in 27 yrs old: Missed the final 7 games last year. Has to be an upgrade over what they got from Bush the last 2 years (hopefully)

Holcomb comes with a reputation of being solid in coverage. According to Pro Football Focus, in 2021 (the most recent full season he played) Holcomb played 587 snaps in coverage — the eighth-most of any “off-ball” linebacker in the NFL. Four years ago, Holcomb ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 seconds at his North Carolina pro day.

He’s got the athleticism Tomlin likes at that position. Supposedly has become decent against the run; being coverage-focused was the scouting report on him out of college

Steelers sign LB Elandon Roberts from Dolphins, cut LB Myles Jack in cap-saving move​

Roberts, 28, was New England’s sixth-round pick in the 2016 draft. He joined the Dolphins in 2020 and started 47 games in Miami the past three seasons, including all 17 games in 2021 and 2022.

Not only did Roberts have a team-high 107 tackles last season, he showed an ability to rush the passer with 4.5 sacks. His 10 tackles for loss ranked second on the team.

So the Steelers won’t be looking for an inside LB in the draft, at least not early. I’d like to see DL/CB/WR somewhere in the first three picks.

Last edited:
DL is still a big need. Cam isn't getting any younger and need a NT type. If OT isn't there at 17, I wouldn't mind going that route.

I don't see CB as a pressing need this year. Wallace and Peterson are a good 1-2, and honestly I don't trust this organization to draft and develop the position.

I'm on the re-unite Pickett and Addison bandwagon if he's there at 32.

Last edited:
DL is still a big need. Cam isn't getting any younger and need a NT type. If OT isn't there at 17, I wouldn't mind going that route.

I don't see CB as a pressing need this year. Wallace and Peterson are a good 1-2, and honestly I don't trust this organization to draft and develop the position.

I'm on the re-unite Pickett and Addison bandwagon if he's there at 32.
I understand your take on a CB but my thoughts are in this pass happy league you need all the competent defensive backs you can get. Just my take…I like Addison as well. Steelers should know him well it will be interesting to see the first 3 picks, if they do it right should get 3 real good players.

Updated Steelers moves thus far have:
* Signed ILB Cole Holcomb - 3 years, $16 mil total, unsure what the guaranteed $$$ is
* Signed ILB Elandon Roberts - 2 years, unsure what the terms are

Lost:
* Raiders ILB Robert Spillane - 2 years, $9 mil w/ $4 mil guaranteed
Seahawks ILB Devin Bush - 2 years, unsure what the terms are

The Steelers & Jets were in the LT Orlando Brown Jr discussions losing out to the Bengals. These signing allow the Steelers to be flexible with their 1st pick.

Steelers sign former Eagles guard Isaac Seumalo to a 3 yr deal. The offensive line is getting kind of crowded. Are they going to trade a linemen for a 4th/5th round pick?