2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

I’m “meh” on Tomlin at this point. Other then Belechek (sp) is he now the longest serving head coach? Sometimes change is good and the retooling of the Steelers for the next year or two…maybe this is a good time to consider other options. There is no doubt he would get swept up by another organization quickly…that might be best for Tomlin as well.

Yeah, it goes Belechik, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Carroll and Reid. I was a little surprised that they are the only ones serving longer than 5 season with their current teams.
As for Tomlin I won't be sad if he's let go, but I'm pretty sure with the Steelers history of 3 head coaches in more than half a century he will be around. Remember when Steeler nation was calling for Cowher's head after 3 straight non playoff years? The Rooneys didn't flinch.

lmao they win a couple games against some schmucks and all his BS is swept under the rug. This fan base is truly something else. Tomlin is in a lower rung of veteran head coaches

1. Belichick
2. Ried
3. McDermott
4. Carroll
5. McVay
6. Rivera
7. Vrabel
8. LaFleur
9. Stranahan
10. Taylor
11. McCarthy
12. Harbaugh
13. Stephanski
14. Tomlin
15. Pederson
16. Bowles
17. Kingsbury
18. L. Smith
19. McDaniels

TBD:
Allen
Campbell
Daboll
Eberflus
Hackett
McDaniel
O'Connell
Saleh
Saturday
Sirianni
A. Smith
Staley
Wilks

Last edited:
lmao they win a couple games against some schmucks and all his BS is swept under the rug. This fan base is truly something else. Tomlin is in a lower rung of veteran head coaches

1. Belichick
2. Ried
3. McDermott
4. Carroll
5. McVay
6. Rivera
7. Vrabel
8. LaFleur
9. Stranahan
10. Taylor
11. McCarthy

12. Harbaugh
13. Stephanski
14. Tomlin

15. Pederson
16. Bowles
17. Kingsbury
18. L. Smith
19. McDaniels

TBD:
Allen
Campbell
Daboll
Eberflus
Hackett
McDaniel
O'Connell
Saleh
Saturday
Sirianni
A. Smith
Staley
Wilks
I realize this is all opinion, but the bolded stuff raises questions about yours. You'd trade Tomlin for anyone above him in the list? You think Tomlin is the worst coach in the AFC North? LOL.

Again, all opinion, but most NFL experts and fans would agree that Tomlin belongs in the top 10. Period. My top 10 would be:
- Belicheck and Reid are 1 and 2, clearly
- Carroll, Shanahan, Vrabel are in the 3-5 range
- McVey, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Rivera, McDermott are 6-10, in no particular order

Pederson, Saleh and M. McDaniel may become top 10 - time will tell. Hackett, Staley, Eberflus are not TBD, they are out the door. Only Josh McDaniel can rival their ineptitude. My team's coach (Stefanski) is no higher than 20th, same for Bengals (Taylor).

11-14 are mostly interchangeable mediocrity living off long past successes. Stephanski has a winning record against Tomlin. Completely inexcusable.

There’s no question Taylor, McDermott and LaFleur are better. Easy trade

Tomlin still gets hyped up for who knows what reason. He hasn’t done much of anything in over a decade except lose embarrassingly in the playoffs

Coach Years Coaching Overall Record 2021 Record
Bill Belichick............27 years.......290-143...................10-7
Andy Reid.................23 years......233-135-1..............12-5
Mike Tomlin............15 years......154-85-2 ............... 9-7-1
Pete Carroll.............16 years......152-104-1...............7-10
Sean Payton............15 years......152-89.....................9-8
Mike McCarthy......15 years......143-92-2 ...............12-5
John Harbaugh.....14 years......137-88.....................8-9

Interesting that Sean Payton and Mike Tomlin have almost identical records over 15 years. Each had a HOF qb for the majority of their tenure and both won one Super Bowl. Payton had three consecutive 7-9 records and the Saints only made it to one Super Bowl while Tomlin made it to two despite being in the AFC with New England.

Payton is definitely considered a excellent offensive football coach. I love listening to him when he is a guest on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. He has to be the best available NFL coaching candidate. If Payton ends up with the Chargers w/ Herbert, I think he will add another Super Bowl to his resume.

Beating the Panthers is nothing to write home about but there were some positives:
* The oline played well, Steelers ran for 156 yards and only gave up 1 sack
* Jaylen Warren continues to impress, he’s earned more snaps
* Pickens makes a catch every game that is impressive. Talent wise he could be Calvin Johnson but his attitude could make him a Martavius Bryant
* Hayward is still a top DT after 12 years in the league and probably close to 10,000 career snaps. He is entering HOF discussion/territory
* Got to get Pickett back out there next week and look for some progress/production

two days before the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, retiring his jersey, etc. and Franco dies. Godspeed to you, Mr. Harris. so sad.
Stunned to see this on my news feed. Never had the pleasure to meet Franco but from all accounts he was a great man. The timing of his death with what was planned Saturday evening is ironic.

The passing and timing of Franco Harris is extremely sad. His #32 is being retired Saturday night at halftime of the Raiders-Steelers game almost 50 years to the day of The immaculate Reception.

Harris was a very, very good RB but not all time great. At 6’2”, 230 pounds he was a big RB by today’s standards, he was as big or bigger than some NFL O-linemen in the 1970’s. When describing the Immaculate Reception, Harris said he was taught to follow the play/pass down field. In highlights of the play you can see Harris in the backfield while Bradshaw is scrambling around. Harris effort & hustle led to an incredible play.

Harris stayed around Pittsburgh after his playing days and was very active in the community. Several, several stories of Harris giving his time for various causes & events. Never saw or herd anything negative about him, it appears he was an even better person than he was a football player. RIP Franco Harris

Stunned to see this on my news feed. Never had the pleasure to meet Franco but from all accounts he was a great man. The timing of his death with what was planned Saturday evening is ironic.
I did on a few occasions, class act and humble. RIP.

Met him a couple times.....man he was a great guy.

Hug your loved ones, tell them ya loveem as one second your here....then gone.

Friend sent this to me earlier.

This is a text a friend of mine got from his friend who was close to Franco Text from a buddy of mine who was good friends with Franco “He was perfectly healthy. He was on the couch watching TV. Dana went to brush her teeth and came back 15 minutes later and he was dead. Sad day!

Franco was a great Hall of Famer. Always willing to give his time to support the Hall. Very supportive of the entire Canton area, particularly historic Clearview Golf Club.

Agreed - it is a shame that he will not be able to enjoy the events on Saturday. I've never heard or read a bad word about the man. He deserved the honor many years ago.

From a Browns fan RIP, Franco. He was a very classy guy.
Amen to this comment ^

Likewise may he rest in peace.
Bengal fans sending condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Hall of Fame football player and from what I’ve read about him also a Hall of Fame Man!

Ravens-Steelers game next Sun. has been flexed to Sun. night, replacing the originally scheduled game which was the Battle of Los Angeles. Also, Steelers remain alive in the playoff hunt for another week, courtesy of the Dolphins' loss to the Packers.

Need the Chargers or Dolphins to lose out and a bunch of other stuff. Very little shot to make it
Very true. Much like the boat the Browns were in before they were eliminated on Sat, the Steelers are on the losing end of tiebreakers with all of the other wildcard contenders.

But just what chance do the Steelers have? According to FiveThirtyEight, Pittsburgh holds a slim 4% chance with two games left to play. Running the scenarios through the site, if the Steelers win out and nothing else changes, Pittsburgh would only have a 10 percent chance of making the playoffs.

This week the Steelers travel to take on the Baltimore Ravens who have already locked up a playoff spot even without starting quarterback Lamar Jackson. Then the team wraps up the season at home against the Cleveland Browns who have already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.