2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Crusaders

Colbert signed to a 1-year extension through 2021. Glad they got that done. Hopefully they don’t do the same for Tomlin.

MT will be back.
Even though they stumbled down the stretch he will get extended.
Playing with a 4th string QB, the loss of AB, JuJu injury, Conner injury and still finish 8- 8 was a miracle. Most franchises have that happen and they are picking in the top 3.

Season will hinge on how well BR, JuJu and Conner play.
Also with the defense.....they forced a lot of TO's last year which was great. HOWEVER, i had read that over the course of history most teams who have a great season of creating turnovers dont usually see that happen twoyears in a row.

Excuses excuses. The fact of the matter is MT doesn’t bring an once of strategy to the team, he lets the players dictate, and has only 3 playoff wins, one of which was a complete gift, in 8 seasons. It’s time to move on.

Excuses excuses. The fact of the matter is MT doesn’t bring an once of strategy to the team, he lets the players dictate, and has only 3 playoff wins, one of which was a complete gift, in 8 seasons. It’s time to move on.
While I dont disagree with you, I am just stating the facts from last season.
Most franchises in that situation would give you a Bengal/Brown's type of season......

i wish you could bring us some first hand insight/knowledge of your time spent in meetings/practices during the week preparing for games so you could fill us in with actual facts that back up your opinion of Tomlin not bringing "an ounce of strategy to the team". it would be great to have EVIDENCE that supports this claim, not just monday morning quarterbacking from your recliner after watching the game saying "he should have done this........he should have done that......he doesn't make any changes........etc, etc, etc"

it's just flat out biased and wrong.

and i've stated this 1000 times on here: he's not perfect. no coach is. not even BB. but do you really believe there's someone out there that can do BETTER than him? really? or are you wanting to change just for the sake of change, because you're the typical Steelers fan who's been spoiled his whole life that if we don't make the playoffs or get to the AFC title game or even get to a Super Bowl, that the coach is terrible and has to go? Cowher went through worse 8 year stretches than what Tomlin has and managed to win a Super Bowl AFTER that time. did you want Cowher fired as well? I'm guessing the answer to that is yes. that's the spoiled fan mentality you have. when the coach doesn't live up to whatever standard you have in your mind as being acceptable, you want him gone. that's just not how the NFL works and it's certainly not how the Steelers operate. you want the Steelers to start going into "Browns mode" and fire every coach that doesn't make the playoffs and start over again - well, look at what the state of that franchise is right now. we aren't going down that road just because a few spoiled fans don't like the coach and think he should be fired. those fans (and yes, YOU) are wrong.

we have 2-3 more years with Ben. the offensive skills players are young but talented. get a solid TE in the draft or FA. draft another RB for depth. sign Dupree. draft some OL depth as well. the defense can be and will be better. the offense, with Ben, should be WAY better. i don't know who the QB of the future is but if i had to bet, he isn't on the roster right now, and that's ok.

you can mark this post right now if you want. this team WILL BE in the playoffs next season.

This season is entirely on Big Ben. First of all his ability to bounce back from injury. Second his ability to hold off the inevitable Father Time. Death comes in threes. So far Brady, Rivers and Eli fell victim. With JuJu, Dionte and Washington I like our receivers. Not love but like. The Chiefs are the current class of the conference. A healthy Steeler team would be on par with the Ravens, Texans and Titans

Yeah, he has the making of a one year contract wonder, but if he can keep it up for a few years then I think it is worth it. Defense was better last year after struggling for a couple.

Dupree’s numbers were entirely a byproduct of the improved secondary. His pressure advanced stats were identical or even down from 2018. Giving him a big contract would be a mad move, especially with how little cap they have.

i wish you could bring us some first hand insight/knowledge of your time spent in meetings/practices during the week preparing for games so you could fill us in with actual facts that back up your opinion of Tomlin not bringing "an ounce of strategy to the team". it would be great to have EVIDENCE that supports this claim, not just monday morning quarterbacking from your recliner after watching the game saying "he should have done this........he should have done that......he doesn't make any changes........etc, etc, etc"

it's just flat out biased and wrong.

and i've stated this 1000 times on here: he's not perfect. no coach is. not even BB. but do you really believe there's someone out there that can do BETTER than him? really? or are you wanting to change just for the sake of change, because you're the typical Steelers fan who's been spoiled his whole life that if we don't make the playoffs or get to the AFC title game or even get to a Super Bowl, that the coach is terrible and has to go? Cowher went through worse 8 year stretches than what Tomlin has and managed to win a Super Bowl AFTER that time. did you want Cowher fired as well? I'm guessing the answer to that is yes. that's the spoiled fan mentality you have. when the coach doesn't live up to whatever standard you have in your mind as being acceptable, you want him gone. that's just not how the NFL works and it's certainly not how the Steelers operate. you want the Steelers to start going into "Browns mode" and fire every coach that doesn't make the playoffs and start over again - well, look at what the state of that franchise is right now. we aren't going down that road just because a few spoiled fans don't like the coach and think he should be fired. those fans (and yes, YOU) are wrong.

we have 2-3 more years with Ben. the offensive skills players are young but talented. get a solid TE in the draft or FA. draft another RB for depth. sign Dupree. draft some OL depth as well. the defense can be and will be better. the offense, with Ben, should be WAY better. i don't know who the QB of the future is but if i had to bet, he isn't on the roster right now, and that's ok.

you can mark this post right now if you want. this team WILL BE in the playoffs next season.
It’s pretty obvious Crusaders is a moron on this topic.

Dupree’s numbers were entirely a byproduct of the improved secondary. His pressure advanced stats were identical or even down from 2018. Giving him a big contract would be a mad move, especially with how little cap they have.
So.

Numbers are numbers and need a guy to compliment Watt or he will see his production slide. A lot of things on defense, and offense, hinge on one another.
I wouldnt break the bank on him, but a fair value on both sides i think is warranted here, presuming they dont feel he is a one hit contract wonder.

Point was, he’s not really anything special and would be replaced without having to waste a large contract

Steelers tagged Dupree. Not sure how I feel about it but I’ll assume they not what they are doing. They weren’t going to get anyone better to replace him for 2020. Ties up a bunch of cash however.

Steelers tagged Dupree. Not sure how I feel about it but I’ll assume they not what they are doing. They weren’t going to get anyone better to replace him for 2020. Ties up a bunch of cash however.
It was a solid move. He produced last season, but his track record isnt good enough to throw big contract to long term.

Steelers filled some holes this week with addition of Wiesnewski (sp) Wormley and Watt, Elbron. Not sure they got better but there’s not a critical need to reach for any of these positions in the draft. I see them taking a Lb/s to replace Barron, more help at DB, Wr and OL in that order. I saw an on line projection of Hurts with the first pick today. I’d love to get Hurts but I don’t think they have that luxury.

The signing of Ebron could be H U G E.

As much as i would like to get the QB of the future, I am with the stance that Rapistburger had a few years ago when they drafted Rudolph in the terms that we need to find guys who can win NOW.

WIth the defense POSSIBLY being what we expect, we MAY have one last gasp now that TB is in the NFC. I am NOT sold though. This defense was big on creating TOs. I have seen many a stat that shows defenses who rely on TO's, and get ALOT OF THEM, it seems like that trend doesnt transfer from year to year. TOs are great, and I believe luck is the residue of design, but often times its just the lucky bounce, or tip.

If I remember correctly most of those turnovers came in the first 10 games. They ok have many late and the defense was ok. Get Tuitt back healthy and maybe a little defensive help in the draft. It’s a good defense. Especially if Ben can create something on offense.

If I remember correctly most of those turnovers came in the first 10 games. They ok have many late and the defense was ok. Get Tuitt back healthy and maybe a little defensive help in the draft. It’s a good defense. Especially if Ben can create something on offense.
absolutely it is a good defense. I just know, and stats ive seen prove it out, is that creating turnovers generally isnt sustainable from year to year as alot of them are just "luck". Keep the pressure on the QB and the defense will be good.
I saw that BR restructured but never saw in what manner. PResume just changed some of it to a bonus to spread it out per the norm

The defense should be VERY good. It's the primary reason they were able to scrape up a 500 record last year. The fact that were 8-5 going down the stretch shows you how tough that D was. We didnt face any elite offenses down the stretch, but our anemic offense did that D no favors! I'm not sure of the numbers but I'll bet we were near the bottom in Time of possession.
A healthy Tuitt plus a year of seasoning by Bush could put the D to elite status.

seen plenty of push on social media to sign Winston as a backup. i don't see a problem with that at all. Rudolph isn't the long term answer at QB. the QB of the future isn't on the roster and wouldn't be on the roster if they signed Winston. if, for some reason, BR would go down again and be out, i'd take Winston over Rudolph in a heartbeat.

love the Ebron signing and the Wisnewski and Wormley pickups. Watt is fine but nothing special.

seen plenty of push on social media to sign Winston as a backup. i don't see a problem with that at all. Rudolph isn't the long term answer at QB. the QB of the future isn't on the roster and wouldn't be on the roster if they signed Winston. if, for some reason, BR would go down again and be out, i'd take Winston over Rudolph in a heartbeat.

love the Ebron signing and the Wisnewski and Wormley pickups. Watt is fine but nothing special.
That was whom i was going to name, but they cannot spend too much on a backup and he will likely command a lot.
There seems to be a lot of Vets out there that i think we can wait and see who gets a bit desperate to sign some place. i dont think he would want to come ot pittsburgh with no chance to compete for a starting job.

Steeler fans (or not) let’s hear your top 3 guesses as to who they take with the 49th pick.
1. Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsim
2. Lavista Shenault WR Colorado
3. Cam Akers Rb Florida
An Edge guy is a possibility if someone they like a lot falls. I see RB, OL, WR, Safety, Edge as priorities in the draft overall.

I dont pay attention whom they should draft, or any of the mock drafts.

With that said, they need to give BR a little more help I think. Adidtion of that TE should help, and I would like to see OL, WR and RB in some sort of fashion to be addressed.

Always good to get LB help as well.

Dupree signed the franchise tender which I think is good. I am not in favor of going long term with him unless he produces again this year.
After that, we shall see.

If I was the Steelers, I would draft Lynn Swann in the 1st, Jack Lambert in the 2nd, John Stallworth in the 4th, Mike Webster in the 5th and sign Donnie Shell as an undrafted free agent.

That 1974 Steelers draft is the gold standard. Wow!

Dupree signed the franchise tender which I think is good. I am not in favor of going long term with him unless he produces again this year.
After that, we shall see.

i don't think they're going to end up signing him long term no matter what because of Watt. can't have both your edge rushers taking up that much of your cap space, and that's assuming Dupree has a year like he did last year which would make him even more expensive.

i don't think they're going to end up signing him long term no matter what because of Watt. can't have both your edge rushers taking up that much of your cap space, and that's assuming Dupree has a year like he did last year which would make him even more expensive.
Truth.

Use him up next year, tag him again if need be (and if still allowable with the CBA). Watt is going to be the face of the defense, barring injuries.